Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Re-Sign, Extend, Take care of L.Marshall Soon.

RedskinsNation

We have to take care of this guy. I dont want to see the guy walk like AP did. He has been money all year and has been in the system now for 2 years. I would hate to see him leave. IM not sure of his contract status but we should extend him. He OBVIOUSLY has the system down and GW saw this when the decision to let AP go. AP is very good when healthy and I think LM is right there with him.

IM not saying the guy is the Next Ray Lewis or Derrick Brooks but he is very solid and I hope the team keeps him here.

HTTR.

Helluva win yesterday.

4 down.....ONE to go.

We definately shouldn't lose him, he's really stepped up after losing Pierce.

However, if we did end up losing him, I wouldn't mind seeing what McCune could do at Middle Linebacker. Or if we lost LaVar, we could make McCune an OLB. The guy seems to have a LOT of potential.

What are you basing the McCune LOT of potential statement on?

I agree. For much of this season, Lemar was the most consistent player in our back 7 until the last 4 or 5 weeks when Marcus Washington exploded and has elevated his game to an elite level.

I think the best is yet to come with Lemar. This is his first year in GW defense as a middle linebacker. If GW stays (or at least his system), Lemar is going to be even better next year.

:eaglesuck

Marshall has improved as the season has progressed. His has the physical talent to play. The only question I had was excelling in the mental portion of Williams D. Pierce is still a little bit better, but Marshall costs us a lot less and is having almost as much an impact on the D as Pierce.

as per scouts.com

Lemar Marshall LB 0.455 0.181 0.636 0.759 0.782

the .636 is his total cap hit this season. The next 2 numbers are his cap hits for the next 2 seasons. We got a pretty good deal for him, looks like a 3 year 2.5+ million deal, unless there are incentives, he is kinda underpaid I feel, especially if he starts at MLB again next season. Though, i wont complain so long as he isnt.

We got a pretty good deal for him, looks like a 3 year 2.5+ million deal, unless there are incentives, he is kinda underpaid I feel, especially if he starts at MLB again next season. Though, i wont complain so long as he isnt.

So far, Marshall is about average, but so was Pierce in his first year in the middle. If Marshall's second year is anything like AP's, then he would be worthy of a decent pay raise, but not until.

AP has stepped up his game this year for the Giants, and I hope Marshall does the same next year for the Redskins.

Well, that all depends on what the Redskins are offering Marshall. I doubt if he will attract teams like Antonio did, but if we can't resign him let us remember that there's a lot of middle linebackers coming out in next year's draft that can play in the defense.

1. A.J. Hawk~ Ohio State

2. Chad Greenway~ Iowa

3. Dquell Jackson~ Maryland

4. Brandon Hoyte~ Notre Dame

There are many others, but I think negotiations with Lemar Marshall won't be as difficult as they were with Antonio.

Archived