Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey haters-sign up here

trimee

For everyone who was screaming that we should trade Ramsey to other teams for a draft pick (Jets-for example-I saw a couple of times at least) earlier this year when we started Brunell, and wanted J.C. to be our back up QB, sign up here. Arn't you glad THAT didn't happen now, in hindsight!?! :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Ramsey just needed to grow up. The fostering of a friendship between he and Brunell has done just that. He is humbled, he is smarter, he is more restrained when it is warranted. I like him just fine. To come in WHEN THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE LAST DECADE IS ON THE LINE and "man up" was phenomenal (IMO).

I don't like Ramsey but I don't care if he has to be our QB, I think he's good enough to handle the job. I just don't have a lot of trust in his decision making and I can actually RELAX when watching Mark throw the ball.

My point is, if we had traded Ramsey away already (like some people on THIS board were screaming for) for a 1st round pick in next years draft, all of Redskins nation would be praying for Brunell to be okay, hoping not to have to rely on Campbell to not only finish out the midgets games, but also get the W next week IN Phili, and carry us through the playoffs!

:applause:

Ramsey just need to grow up. The fostering of a friendship between he and Brunell has done just that. He is humbled, he is smarter, he is more restrained when it is warranted. I like him just fine. To come in WHEN THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE LAST DECADE IS ON THE LINE and "man up" was phenomenal (IMO).

I have always liked Ramsey. That said, I don't see why everyone is making a huge deal about Ramsey "leading" us to victory. Portis carried the load and Moss saved him on a badly thrown ball. He yelled at our players for a screw up that certainly hasn't happened while Brunell was under center.

But, I was happy he came in and checked down on his reads and hit the open backs. He has shown big time signs of improvement.

seeing as how there are alot of fans that still dont like the ramsey, this isnt the best post to make, but i will say this, every hater is saying that the pass to moss was a bad pass, it was on target, just high and moss didnt have to make that big of adjustment to catch it unlike the brunell td to moss where moss had to come back to it, not to mention the throw into triple coverage that resulted in 7 points for the giants...double standard...probably...but thats what you get when one guy lost his job the first game, and the other has led us to a 8-6 record despite mediocre games the past few weeks aside from the cowboys game which he played awesome

On Madden 2006, i used Ramsey Over brunell ONLY because he is right handed and he has a better awareness than Jason Campbell. And because Madden did not pay attention to the fact that Jason Campbell runs a 4.6 40... But ANYWAY...

In real life, I would like to see Campbell in those mop up games over Ramsey, because for the past years Ramsey has not proved ANYthing other than he has a loaded cannon for an arm. That pass to Moss was ALL santana... If you look at that play closely, if moss did not make a play on the ball, it would have been intercepted...

But MOSS... being the SMART Pro-Bowler realized that there is a cannon instead of the usual Mossberg shooting him the rock. So he turned earlier and made Ramsey's Bum ass look brilliant. If I were Gibbs, I would have been playing J-Cam with the #2 Offense in practice, and put Ramsey on the Trade market. Its not like he isnt on the Market ANYWAY. What people dont realize is that Jason Campbell is RAW, and learning behing Brunell JUST like ramsey... Are you more comfortable with a more powerful/accurate/nimble/smarter/more pedigree QB in Jason Campbell? Or the remnants of the Spurrier Era?

I mean, Ramsey is a Steve Spurrier QB... Bottom line, Gibbs didnt want him (still doesnt; thus Doug W II)... I trust Gibbs, he wants to leave Gregg Williams with a Super Bowl Caliber team. The best way to do that? Leave him Clinton Portis, the FUTURE DOUG WILLIAMS, and GREAT O-LINE, and ANY DEFENSIVE COACH's DREAM... With Mark Brunell as the eventual Backup... Ramsey? I see him playing for either the New Orleans Saints (back home) or for the NY Jets. I see us getting a DE, #2 Receiver, or a 2nd Round draft pick for him. Get his $30 Million dollar bum ass outa here. And turn his house in Northern VA over to some Homeless shelter. It would be better for this area than his bum ass.

Sorry Ramsey, but you are a SISSIE. You were outshined in the pre-season, you were ourshined the whole year. and if you were the starting QB we'd be 6-10 right now. But look at us. We are going to RELY on YOU to go into philly and get us to 10-6, and HOPE AND pray we get Brunell back for NYG or TB... OR our BY WEEK. Play for YOUR TRADE stock ramsey. Nobody likes you here.

YOU BUM.

Brunell and Jason Campbell are all we need at QB. Ramsey is a BUM.

First of all, it's Christmas morning, so Merry Xmas to all !!

To the point stated in this thread, I think the tough thing with this board is having to see all the opinions.....which includes the negative ones. And then to have the negative opinions be wrong, well that sucks.

Last year, too many people on message boards cracked on Brunell. Then I saw the same thing this year on BigPat, Antonio Brown, even Portis (which absolutely blows the mind as he is one of the best backs in the game...and that our organization has ever had). The current target is probably Taylor Jacobs. I'm of the opinion that we will see a thread like this one day, about how wrong "we" were about Jacobs as well, trust me, the kid is gonna produce. It's probably not right to make such judgments unless you are actually in the clubhouse and interacting with the team. None of us can say that we actually know anything about our team from that perspective.

But I am happy to see, and hoping it continues, that we do not see too much more unfair questioning of Coach Gibbs. We were elated when he came back, and what we see happening with our franchise today is why we were so happy Coach came back. He is only the greatest coach of all time, and that includes "life coach" as well as "game coach".

Merry Christmas to all on ExtremeSkins!

seeing as how there are alot of fans that still dont like the ramsey, this isnt the best post to make, but i will say this, every hater is saying that the pass to moss was a bad pass, it was on target, just high and moss didnt have to make that big of adjustment to catch it unlike the brunell td to moss where moss had to come back to it, not to mention the throw into triple coverage that resulted in 7 points for the giants...double standard...probably...but thats what you get when one guy lost his job the first game, and the other has led us to a 8-6 record despite mediocre games the past few weeks aside from the cowboys game which he played awesome

As I've said before... I'm not a Ramsey hater. And also as I've said before, I don't think Moss adjusted to that ball, I think he ran one way to make Will Allen follow and then went back to the ball to create some separation.

Kdawg see's what I see. Moss INTENTIONALLY does a lot of crafty moves to get "the edge". Same on that comeback route that was "under thrown". The bottom line is that NO DB can out run Santana, and what he does is run flat out on a go, or post, and essentially sucks the DB into his trap. Once the DB runs flat out in an "attempt" to cover the deep ball, Santa (hehe) has the breaks to come back and get it. I have seen it before, and I know I will see it again. Same with the pass he caught on Will-less Allen for his 3rd score. Santa has many gifts that are intangible until you watch 400000 hours of replays, lol. Then it all becomes clear.

yulp, still know Ramsey will never be a starting QB for any team. I will root for him if hes the qb for the skins, but there is no way i want him to start. he has had too many yrs to learn, and has still failed. about trading him, if we can get anything for him, i would trade. I just hope that if for some reason Brunell wont be ready, ill be rootin for whoevers playing QB, and hoping Ramsey doesnt blow our and Brunells good season.

Ramsey is a BUM... He is NOT mobile, and he is NOT smart. He is like a Bledsoe withOUT the brain in the helmet. he is like EVERY character from that dorothy and evil witch movie.

He is like the Lion (coward), the scare crow (no brain), and the tin man (no heart).

The Lion; when he lost his starting spot to Brunell after those pics in the 1st game of the season (he was on the sidelines nearly about to cry all ****ed out and redfaced). Then had the nerve to QUESTION Gibbs, and demand a trade. He is SO lucky I'm not one of those guys sitting with Snyder in those suits. He would have BEEN gone ESPECIALLY after the Jets QB debacle.

The Scarecrow; How many pics to touchdowns has he thrown in his career INCLUDING the preseason? My point exactly. If you bother to look that up, and figure that out. you will see he has NO FOOTBALL brain. See; I take the casual approach. How many times have I SEEN Ramsey throw more than ONE pic a game? About 11 times. Over a 2.5-3 year career... THAT SUCKS... Another reason why he JUST sucks...

The TinMan... Need I say more? he showed alot of character in that Giants game. But he will have to understand that what is expected out of him for the philly game and possibly the playoffs is HOW much heart does he have? Does he have heart enough to FULLY contribute to his fellow teammates getting DEEP in the playoffs, or will he be MORE focused on a CERTAIN knee healing; FAST!?!?

He's a jerk, his wife aint even all that hot. If i saw him in the restaurant, I'd prolly ask the chef to give him the game day butterflies and bubbleguts in his belly syrup... and let J-Cam show Redskin Land what HE can do... I'd take Hassleback's lil brother over Ramsey... That KID HAS JUEGOS... Ganas... Ramsey is like a manican to me. ***** ass jerk.

Sorry, I am not a Ramsey fan. Madden 2005... Ok, Ramsey was one of the BEST QB's on the GAME (97 Throwing Power)... But you know what he lacked? he had a 65 rating for toughness (heart), a 72 awareness rating (brains), and a 74 for accuracy (cowardice)...

He sucks.

Thread is named perfectly, Skin fans can be the worst lot at times.

This thread and the options contained in it against PR is silly.

He came in and ran the same gameplan MB would have run.

I promise if Mark had come back it would have gone down the same way.

We have a solid system in place and PR knows the reads and has developed a nice touch on his pass.

I bet Cambell could have come in and cleaned up yesterday.

That being said PR has not done one personal thing to anyone on this board and yet people are just vicious and hateful towards him.

I am willing to bet there are some who wanted him to screw things up yesterday so they would have more dirt to throw on him.

But people are entitled to their options and that has to be respected, but come on folks.

If PR does start against Philly I think people will be suprised.

He was not dancing in the pocket, and the ball came right out.

There go two of the biggest complaints right out the window.

I do not like Mark but he is the QB and for that reason I root for him because he leads this team.

If PR gets the call I suggest you do that same.

In the end all that matters is winning the next 5 games.

Mark or Pat can pull that off and the way things are going with the running game Jason could do well himself.

I think Ramsy could be a good QB if he's in the same system year in and year out. Ramsey took a lot of punishment in particular under Spurrier's era. That'll make any young QB start to become gun shy. Hell that'll make a veteran become gun shy. Mark Rypien talent wise wasn't the best but he was surrounded by good excellent skill position players along with the greatest offensive line performance in the history. I don't think we'll ever see a team lead the league in rushing and only give up 9 sacks or was it 11?

In the past, Ramsey's decision making and robotic approach left me frustrated. He seemingly would lock onto a receiver and then, after giving the secondary just enough time to adjust to where he was locked in, would go ahead and make the throw to that receiver. Awareness of secondary receivers and looking off defenders were not in his vocabulary (at least from my observations). Sometimes his arm was strong enough to overcome having locked in on his receiver. More times, it wasn't.

Yesterday, on the bomb to Santana Claus, Ramsey seemed to look right just long enough to get the safety so drift towards the middle of the field so that when Santana caught it and beat his initial defender, there was no one else in position to stop him. More importantly, there was no second defender trying to intercept or break up the pass. I didn't think the pass was any great toss, but what he did before the pass was superb and showed (at least for one play) a different side of Ramsey than we had seen very often before.

If he plays Sunday again, let's hope that that toss to Santana was a good indicator of a new approach. If it is, I like our chances very much. No one has ever questioned Ramsey's arm. Good decision making and game savvy to go with it would leave us with a darn good #2 QB!!!

Archived