Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo.com - Charles Robinson: Return of the Redskins

GrimReefa

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-redskins122405&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Return of the Redskins

By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports

December 24, 2005

LANDOVER, Md. – If you could have been there in the first quarter Saturday, standing shoulder to shoulder with Santana Moss, then maybe you could have seen a nice little summary of what these Washington Redskins have done in the last month.

Lined up across from New York Giants cornerback Will Allen with just over two minutes left in the quarter, Moss watched free safety Brent Alexander begin to cheat away from his side of the field. He looked at Allen and saw one thing – single coverage.

"I was like, 'Oh man, this is like stealing from a baby,' " Moss said. "When I saw it happen, my eyes got big."

Once again, check Rule #10.

OK, we are currentley seeded #6. Notice, we beat the top 2 teams earlier this season and only lost to Tampa by 1 point!!! Vikings are now out! This is very exciting!

1 *yz-Seattle W 13-2-0

2 yz-Chicago N 11-4-0

3 Tampa Bay S 10-5-0

4 x-N.Y. Giants E 10-5-0

5 Carolina S 10-5-0

6 Washington E 9-6-0

7 Dallas E 9-6-0

8 Minnesota N 8-7-0

OK, we are currentley seeded #6. Notice, we beat the top 2 teams earlier this season and only lost to Tampa by 1 point!!! Vikings are now out! This is very exciting!

1 *yz-Seattle W 13-2-0

2 yz-Chicago N 11-4-0

3 Tampa Bay S 10-5-0

4 x-N.Y. Giants E 10-5-0

5 Carolina S 10-5-0

6 Washington E 9-6-0

7 Dallas E 9-6-0

8 Minnesota N 8-7-0

We've beaten every team on that list except for Carolina. I count the game at Tampa as a win because that was just a joke and we had them beat. The NFC is very much up for grabs and in play. With the way we have been playing we can honestly talk Super Bowl here guys. Making the Super Bowl is honestly not a pie in the sky scenario for this team.

"This game was about momentum," Giants running back Tiki Barber lamented. "Washington has the momentum and a deep-seeded desire. They have a purpose. It showed in how they played today."

When the best player on the other team---a division rival and one of the better players in the league---says something like this, you sit up and take notice.

When the best player on the other team---a division rival and one of the better players in the league---says something like this, you sit up and take notice.

Exactly, and even more so when he's an intelligent, articulate guy who's known for a tremendous focus, effort, and discipline in his own right, and he's played his entire career in the same division versus our organization.

Better compliments are hard to find.

Archived