Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

#53 on "jacked up"

TryTheBeal!

Legal or not, that was one of the hardest hits I've ever seen anyone give. Damn, what it must feel like to go out there against Ryan and Sean lurking and zeroing in on those recievers.Our secondary can bring the wood at any time. Even Matt Bowen will stick your ass !!!HTTR!!!

A receiver is not considered defenseless when he is going for the ball which he clearly was. He is considered defenseless when he has no shot a catching the ball.

The only thing I saw that was illegal on that play is that they could say that he lead with his helmet but it looked more to me like it was a shoulder more than the helmet. I did think it was funny as hell after the hit occurred and you heard the entire stadium let out a "ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo". That was classic.

Except the part where he got flagged and gave the Giants an opportunity to score a TD

All he had to do was lead with his shoulder . . . .

It was a clean hit. It's just that the zebras saw that the G'aints had the opportunity to score in a game that the Skins were about to run away with, so they threw the flag to keep the G'aints in what would otherwise be a boring game (for their precious New Yecch fans). ;)

Clark clearly led with the helmet. The refs take particular notice of players launching themselves with their arms no where near the offensive player. He may have gotten some shoulder on the hit, I remember seeing it the first time and I went nuts, saying it wasn't a late hit b/c he couldn't have stopped his momentum after the giants' reciever missed the ball. But the replay showed that he launched himself and led with the crown of the helmet, an NFL no-no...they could have let it slide, but I doubt Gibbs will be sending that one in.

Archived