Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Isn't Eli a good road quarterback?

mcarey032

For all the Giants fans out there who thought that they were going to win with Eli back there, I guess you were wrong. I said it before on this message boad is that they are not going to win on the road with Eli Manning. He hasn't done anything on the road. The only wins he has have come agains the 49ers and the Saints (That one was in Giants stadium). I am just glad that we won. Our journey is almost complete. It's the playoffs or bust!

Eli played very well, especially considering they never really got the ground game going and there was a lot of pressure on him to make plays.

He is going to be a good QB in this league. Very good.

Which sucks because personally, I think he is a real piece of :pooh:

Eli also made a TERRIBLE pass that should have been picked off deep in his own territory in the 4th quarter. He just got lucky because Springs and Taylor banged into each other fighting over the easy pick.

So Eli had one unlucky break (Burress's drop) and one very lucky break (the dropped pick). The breaks tend to even out.

Eli also made a TERRIBLE pass that should have been picked off deep in his own territory in the 4th quarter. He just got lucky because Springs and Taylor banged into each other fighting over the easy pick.

So Eli had one unlucky break (Burress's drop) and one very lucky break (the dropped pick). The breaks tend to even out.

I believe that Eli was hit on that play......

Eli Manning is way ahead of all but only a couple of QBs at his age in league history

Young QBs are supposed to look like Alex Smith. Not throwing 23 TD passes and over 3,500 yards with still 1 game to play

And barring a Plax drop of an easy TD on the first play, and a phantom hold, his stat line, which was already decent, looks great

As for the "fluke" TD, that only happened because Plax couldn't hold on to a dart right in his hands (what else is new) and we lucked out

Eli is not Peyton. He could yet develop into a good qb, but not this year...

Eli is just as good as Peyton at a similar age

Are you all forgetting that Peyton Manning didn't win a playoff game until his 6th season in the league, and led the NFL in Interceptions as late as his 4th year?

Right now the only stat that I care about is that only 1 road win does not a great quarterback make. Statisically speaking, yes he had a great game. Yes if he had bounce here or there then it might be different, but you could say the same thing about our games vs seattle, dallas game #1, and the bears. If he wants to worry about stats and not winning then he will be following his brother in his early years before he knew how to get into the playoffs. Yes he is a good QB, no doubt. But the giants fans were talking a whole lot of smack this week about how good he was and bringing up the 36-0 victory in which he really had an average game. Tiki was the one who really destroyed us. In this game Tiki did nothing and Eli had a good stat game, but did not get the job done as he has shown this season on the road. That is all I am saying.

This "Eli sucks on the road" stuff is a bunch of crap. Lets see, in two of the losses (San Diego and Washington) the Giants defense got shredded, in another loss Feely choked it away, and the other loss was a tough OT deal to the Cowboys. Eli may be struggling as of late but give him a break.

Eli is just as good as Peyton at a similar age

Are you all forgetting that Peyton Manning didn't win a playoff game until his 6th season in the league, and led the NFL in Interceptions as late as his 4th year?

Yeah but what people forget is, Eli wasn't signed to turn a franchise around. Eli was given the gift of joining a winning team already. I mean for heck's sake he took over a 5-2 team, that for all intensive purposes was on their way to a playoff spot, and proceeded to tank them to a 6-10 record. The NY Giants were an established team when Eli Manning took over. Most pieces were already in place for him, especially a superb running game to take the load off of his shoulders. Like I have said before. A Young QB hasn't really shown a darn thing in this league until they show he can carry a team on his shoulders to a win when the chips are down. Eli has yet to do that, and that isn't because he won't eventually be able to, but he just isn't there yet, and that is perfectly fine, but it is just that people need to realize it and accept it. Alex Smith good or bad, is irrelevent at this point because the entire team, or at least offense stinks. The 49ers are at ground zero and rebuilding. Hell it will be at least another season before the have an offensive line capable of blocking for Alex Smith. When Peyton Manning took over, the Colts were starting over too, with Peyton as the first or second piece.

It is just lame to compare Eli Mannings situation with that of Alex Smith.

NoCal, I beg to differ. The Giants finished 4-12 the year before they "acquired" Eli in the draft from San Diego, including finishing the year with 8 straight losses, including one to the Spurrier Skins in Giants Stadium. With the prospect of having an aging Kurt Warner, I think the Giants were certainly looking for a franchise QB. The Giants were 5-2 at one point but I believe had slipped to 5-4 before they decide to start Eli's career. It was certainly a gamble last year, given that 8-8 made the playoffs. Possibly the Giants would've gotten there with Warner, but the decision to give Eli some experience last year appears to have paid off this year.

NoCal, I beg to differ. The Giants finished 4-12 the year before they "acquired" Eli in the draft from San Diego, including finishing the year with 8 straight losses, including one to the Spurrier Skins in Giants Stadium. With the prospect of having an aging Kurt Warner, I think the Giants were certainly looking for a franchise QB. The Giants were 5-2 at one point but I believe had slipped to 5-4 before they decide to start Eli's career. It was certainly a gamble last year, given that 8-8 made the playoffs. Possibly the Giants would've gotten there with Warner, but the decision to give Eli some experience last year appears to have paid off this year.

I don't disagree that bringing in Eli Manning was good for the LONG RUN. Of course it is and it is paying off today, but all I am saying is that the Giants weren't a broken down Franchise like the 49ers are, years away from being competative.

Manning will be fine. He is doing a lot better right now 1.5 years in than Ramsey was doing under some inferior coaching under Spurrier :)

Because Manning at 24 is not yet John Elway in his prime doesn't mean he isn't a good quarterback or deserves to take the fall for the entire Giants team getting beaten on the field today.

The Redskins won all three phases today.

Manning didn't allow Portis to get 108 yards and Moss 160. He didn't allow the Redskins to block a field goal on special teams.

Manning will be fine. He is doing a lot better right now 1.5 years in than Ramsey was doing under some inferior coaching under Spurrier :)

Because Manning at 24 is not yet John Elway in his prime doesn't mean he isn't a good quarterback or deserves to take the fall for the entire Giants team getting beaten on the field today.

The Redskins won all three phases today.

Manning didn't allow Portis to get 108 yards and Moss 160. He didn't allow the Redskins to block a field goal on special teams.[/QUote]

Yeah I totally agree. Eli Manning is fine for being 1.5 years in....HOWEVER I wouldn't say anything beyond that. I wouldn't say he has shown anything to say he will be a GREAT QB one day, or that he will fizzle out in a year two. I just think for being 1.5 years in, he is fine.

Archived