Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey will Start next year! Brunnell to Back Up!! Camplbell Needs two more years!

Ynot

Brunnell is the starter but as you know Gibbs always wants two strong Quarterbacks. He also won three SuperBowls with 3 different quarterbacks and 3 different running backs. It is the system and not just the Quarterback. Brunnell will be 37 and cannot play a full season next year, lucky he has lasted this long. Ramsey will be the Starter as Gibbs will not throw a season away waiting for Campbell to Mature. Brunnell will be the Back up. Brunnell will reture after next year and then Campbell will be the Backup and we will have two strong quarterbacks at that time again just as we have two prepared quarterbacks now. I think Gibbs like Ramsey just wanted him to Mature. Many say he has been in the league 4 years but he has less start than Eli! Just remember Gibbs knows what he is doing!

Hell we may even make it to the superbowl this year! Gibbs gets on a role just like he did in his first tenure and who knows!

Brunnell is the starter but as you know Gibbs always wants two strong Quarterbacks. He also won three SuperBowls with 3 different quarterbacks and 3 different running backs. It is the system and not just the Quarterback. Brunnell will be 37 and cannot play a full season next year, lucky he has lasted this long. Ramsey will be the Starter as Gibbs will not throw a season away waiting for Campbell to Mature. Brunnell will be the Back up. Brunnell will reture after next year and then Campbell will be the Backup and we will have two strong quarterbacks at that time again just as we have two prepared quarterbacks now. I think Gibbs like Ramsey just wanted him to Mature. Many say he has been in the league 4 years but he has less start than Eli! Just remember Gibbs knows what he is doing!

Hell we may even make it to the superbowl this year! Gibbs gets on a role just like he did in his first tenure and who knows!

I believe that this is a very real possibility, and I was think so during the game today. There is no doubt that Gibbs has great respect for Ramsey's character, now if Ramsey can show he learned something watching Brunell this year and lead this team into the playoffs I think Gibbs will keep him around.

Without getting into any debate about THIS year or who's in, in a longer-term sense, I think it would be DUMB to ship Ramsey off. Why? Simple.

We may think Jason C is the answer but he's played no time in a real game. Brunell is one year older next year. 16 game season, various leg ailments becoming more frequent (seemingly with the calf and knee, though that was just that type of hit) you'd be relying on him to not only be ready to go, suffer NO drop off in his play (if we had drop-off that would be a problem, even if the team improved.) And with that you're assuming Jason can step in as the main backup. But what if Mark went down in Game 2? Jason steps in--

In year 3 of Gibbs we need to be looking at winning a Super Bowl. Period.

And as for the "get a vet QB" in case you haven't realized looking around the league, most dudes are not a "Brunell" or even Bledsoe in terms of having anything left in the tank.

I should smack the taste out of everyone in this threads mouth. Cambell is the clear starter next year. Gibbs now knows that the redskins have enough talent to allow a QB to mature while not sacrificing the W. Brunell will be a back-up and his main job will be to mold cambell much like he did with leftwich. If we go to the playoffs under Ramsey, Gibbs will use him as a bargaining chip to obtain a 1st round pick in the draft.

That's not true at all, and....

Cocaine is one hell of a drug. Campbell in '06

pr THREW BAD PASSES Moss made him look good

It's funny to me how so many of you young guys act like you know everything. Ramsey was not outstanding today, but he didn't lose the game either. IF(big if) he winds up playing well, getting into the playoffs, and winning a game or 2 in the playoffs it would be very un-Gibbs-like to ship him off.

I believe that this is a very real possibility, and I was think so during the game today. There is no doubt that Gibbs has great respect for Ramsey's character, now if Ramsey can show he learned something watching Brunell this year and lead this team into the playoffs I think Gibbs will keep him around.

I agree....it looks like Ramsey has learned a lot from Brunell.

I should smack the taste out of everyone in this threads mouth. Cambell is the clear starter next year. Gibbs now knows that the redskins have enough talent to allow a QB to mature while not sacrificing the W. Brunell will be a back-up and his main job will be to mold cambell much like he did with leftwich. If we go to the playoffs under Ramsey, Gibbs will use him as a bargaining chip to obtain a 1st round pick in the draft.

Someone should smack you down, are you an idiot. You think Gibbs want to spend his Third year as a Coach grooming a quarterback!!!! Campbell is clearly two years away. If you trade Ramsey you will not have a backup with any exeprience with the system, as you have seen it has taking Brunnell and ramsey some time, Heck we still only throw to one receiver. Ramsey will not get a first round pick no matter how good he does unless he starts and takes to the superbowl then fat chance he will get traded.

Ramsey starts Next year and Brunnell a proven starter under the gibbs system as back up as Campbell gets his time in practice to learn the pro game.

I agree....it looks like Ramsey has learned a lot from Brunell.

I think he needs to learn more about clock management! He looked totally dased and confused out there wasting two timeouts like that. You can't do that in this league and expect to win. Let's just hope Brunell can play this week cause if Ramsey is our QB we will have a tough time winning. All he did today was hand the ball off and make a few horrible passes. Even the TD to Moss was a horrible pass, Santana luckily went up and snatched that out of the air.

giants game planned for brunell, ramsey came in in the middle of the game and you annoint him the messiah after a half of FB. And if he throws 3 picks and the Skins lose next week and miss the playoffs...

It's geniuses like you that make people go back and forth. All most would try to do is counter your inanity, not tear down Mark.

I'll leave it to others to tear you apart.

And as for bhi:

I think he needs to learn more about clock management! He looked totally dased and confused out there wasting two timeouts like that. You can't do that in this league and expect to win. Let's just hope Brunell can play this week cause if Ramsey is our QB we will have a tough time winning. All he did today was hand the ball off and make a few horrible passes. Even the TD to Moss was a horrible pass, Santana luckily went up and snatched that out of the air.

Just a silly, silly post. For one, check one of many threads about the timeouts, they had NOTHING to do with clock management. As for those alleged horrible passes, you are actually counting the throw away as a pass? The pass to betts wasn't a good pass? Or the screen to Cooley? The pass to Moss was not a bad pass, you aren't looking at replays and apparently, when Mark throws up something where Moss has 3 guys near him and leaps up to grab it (earlier game,) that's a great pass and Mark doesn't get any criticism from the geniuses like you. Or the adjustment he made on an undethrown ball from Brunell in the same game.

Well, 1 of the time outs was totally on A. Brown. I think you've got to give the guy a little bit of a pass on the first couple possesions considering he's been on the bench all year. He stayed calm, didn't turn it over, and won the game. It's a great start.

Archived