Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is anyone else still nervous?

skinsngibbs4life

I know, after a big win like today, your supposed to be happy. But, after a cowboys win, and seeing how easy it is for them to make the playoffs, im still a bit nrevous about next week.

the eagles are by no means a push over. We are walking into the hardest stadium to play in(in my opinion) in the entire league. It doesnt matter who they have and who they dont have, there a dangerous team and anything can happen.

Is anyone just a little bit nervous about going into philly next week?

It's okay to be nervous...

I agree it will be a tough game

That said, your contention that it's the 'hardest stadium to play in the entire league' is way off. What is your basis... eagles are 13-10 there since it's opening, not something to really be impressed with in any stretch of the imagination. You could look at places like at new engalnds stadium where they are 21-2 in the same amount of time as the eagles (and arguably nearly as good for the past 3 years SAVE this one where NE is 5-2 and the eagles are 4-3)

Lets not put too much into this game than needs be. It's defaintely winnable.

Exactly my feelings, especially because there seems to be a measure of complacency surrounding the Skin's today- maybe even on the team itself? I didn't hear anybody in the locker room saying it could all be wiped out next week. I would love to see someone remind the players that the Cowboys could get into the playoffs and we could be sitting at home. The mere mention of this should relight any fires that need to be relit!

But, yes, I am concerned, especially with the game being at Phil., this could all set up a trap game. Hears hoping Gibbs kicks in his world-class worrying tomorrow. If any coaching staff should be able to focus this team, it is Gibbs' group.

I think the Giants have the hardest place to play in, but I am pissed at those panzy azz panthers and hope they dont even make it now, of course we would feel better if we was in now though. Our team will be more then ready for philly, I think its best that we earn our Playoffs instead of other teams getting us in, because once were in, Nobody can help you then except your own team!!!!

My only worry is the teams tendancy to play to the level of the opponent. Gibbs and Williams will have to make sure they are not looking past the Eagles.

I agree because theres nothing to look past the Eagles for, either we beat them or we dont go!!! Dallas will beat the sh*t out of the Rams but will be interesting now who will have the final Wildcard, could be possible 3 teams from the NFC East make it.

Logically the Skins right now will die before they lose this game. I mean they have almost done the impossible to go 4-0 and be just one game away from making it. AND its on their hands. No way they lose this game because they are not ready to eat fire and ask for more. If the Eagles play to that level then I will be sooooooooo suprized.

Just for conjecture.If the Skins win and the Falcons beat the Panthers next week I believe we would fall into the #5 playoff spot.

That is correct and would probably find us in the Meadowlands. We can still win the division though. It looks like the Raiders have given up though.

well i am still nervous man... but dont worry its natural when you are passionate about something..... I wont be non nervous until we whip Philly.....

that being said as long as we go in there with the same attitude and energy as the last two weeks we should win.... our D is playing great and they are lacking in the offense department..... and our running game will set the tempo again..... but it wont be a pushover thats for sure.... we have to play our game.... and not play down to theirs.....

Philly will be so easy to beat, dont be playing me like that with this thread.

Look man, we beat them when they had McNabb, Westbrook and Lito Sheppard. Now all of those guys are gone, so we are going to have a much easier time beating them. As far as I'm concerned, we're in the playoffs

That's the kind of attitude that loses football games.

A week ago, Dallas was coming off of a win against Kansas City, and we felt like we could beat anyone. We were looking forward to to that game in Carolina. Washington? Oh, we outplayed them in week two, we can win easy.

oops.

If the skins focus on the game, Eagles don't have much of a shot. But if the whole team is thinking about where they are going to go in the playoffs, there's a chance for an upset.

Honestly, I'm more interested in Atlanta beating Carolina. That one is actually probable, and would get the Cowboys into the playoffs just the same. :cheers:

Archived