Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Czabe says someone leaving at halftime to go to church!!

hail2skins

On 980 Steve Czaban said he was talking to someone who is going to attend the game tomorrow but is going to leave by halftime so he can get back for Saturday afternoon mass. I don't mean to denigrate anyone's religious beliefs or commitments, but I sure hate to have the seats the guy is sitting in to be vacant during a timeframe when the Skins are going to need their fans the most. I know, its only 2 out of 90,000......but what do you think?

On 980 Steve Czaban said he was talking to someone who is going to attend the game tomorrow but is going to leave by halftime so he can get back for Saturday afternoon mass. I don't mean to denigrate anyone's religious beliefs or commitments, but I sure hate to have the seats the guy is sitting in to be vacant during a timeframe when the Skins are going to need their fans the most. I know, its only 2 out of 90,000......but what do you think?

You say you "don't mean to denigrate" .......

Then you say the word "BUT"

What does that really mean?

Blondie

The point is for fans to give everything they have. By doing this he can do that. I commend him for doing this. He has priorites and there is absolutley nothing wrong with that. Hopefully he can come early get as loud as possible for a half and the rest of you guys can pick up his slack in the second half.

He could have just as easily sold his tickets to a giants fan. That would be something to rip him about. not this.

Blondie, admittedly its not fair for me to comment on the topic depending on the person's situation......maybe the person has people who are dependent on him/her to get to church, and maybe it is very important for this person to go to church at the same time as the rest of the family prefers to. I certainly don't want to compare the Redskins to religion at all.

I'd much rather stay for the game.

The point is for fans to give everything they have. By doing this he can do that. I commend him for doing this. He has priorites and there is absolutley nothing wrong with that. Hopefully he can come early get as loud as possible for a half and the rest of you guys can pick up his slack in the second half.

He could have just as easily sold his tickets to a giants fan. That would be something to rip him about. not this.

Or he could go to midnight mass or God forbid SUNDAY mass. This guy is lame.

Or it could be that it's what hail2skins said in the second post. Nothing lame about it.

I was listening via the internet and that is not the case. Basically he gave Czaben a bunch of wishy-washy excuses. Like: midnight is too late and I don't like to open presents and then get ready for church. He is doing it for pure convenience. And that is lame!!!!!! If the game was on Sunday I would understand but Sat. afternoon…… :doh:

I have to be IN church AT 3:30 PM tomorrow so I hope I get to see the end of the game. You guys think I will?

Not a chance youngster, either hope we do to the Giants what we did to the Cowgirls or tape it and avoid all contact with outside world. And pray a little prayer.

:puke:

I so want to say something. I will not as I have very deep religious beliefs and some do not. I find your answer in very poor taste.

Blondie

You have NO IDEA about my religious beliefs, so mind your business! You are praising this guy for being selfish. I find YOU/your response in poor taste.

Don't act like your better than anyone else here.

I was listening via the internet and that is not the case. Basically he gave Czaben a bunch of wishy-washy excuses. Like: midnight is too late and I don't like to open presents and then get ready for church. He is doing it for pure convenience. And that is lame!!!!!! If the game was on Sunday I would understand but Sat. afternoon…… :doh:

No. What he gave was what in your opinion are wishy washy excuses. To me, it's what he has done for some time now. You call that lame, I call that a fan who is trying their best to be a fan, a family member, and person of faith. All in one day. In my opinion, nothing lame about that.

No. What he gave was what in your opinion are wishy washy excuses. To me, it's what he has done for some time now. You call that lame, I call that a fan who is trying their best to be a fan, a family member, and person of faith. All in one day. In my opinion, nothing lame about that.

I respect your stance. I don't want you to think I said it was lame because I think church/being religious is lame. I don't think that.

Before the thread I started threatens to turn into a holy war (pardon the unintentional pun), lets take the religious aspect out of it and ask this question: If you had tickets for a Redskins game but knew in advance you had another obligation that would make you leave at halftime, would you go to the game or try to sell the tix to another Skins fan?

guys.

my father used to be a pastor. he was for 20 years or so. remember, some churches don't have mass "or whatever". my father's church had 3 services - an early, a middle, and late service. he would come home and watch the game and fall asleep, after what is understandibly an exhausting morning (preaching on sundays takes more out of you than most think).

gibbs even has at least a devotional or quick service before each game. understand that it's a perfectly reasonable and appropriate decision to leave a game early for this kind of thing.

again, at least he didn't sell to a giants fan. :applause:

You have NO IDEA about my religious beliefs, so mind your business! You are praising this guy for being selfish. I find YOU/your response in poor taste.

Back off jack.

YOU posted. I responded. IF you DON'T want people to respond, don't post.

I am NOT praising anyone....him....nor am I acting like I am better. I stated my beliefs.

If you want to be rude.........bring it on. I have a PM box. Use it.

Blondie

Considering your statements so far, one could easily say you are the one acting better than someone else. You have no idea the beliefs of anyone here nor the person you are calling lame. Yet you feel free to pass judgement on them. Certainly that person could tell you to mind your own business.

I respect your stance. I don't want you to think I said it was lame because I think church/being religious is lame. I don't think that.

No. I understand what your were saying. See above. We all have our different beliefs and how we choose to follow them. As well as how we incorperate them into our lives and vice versa. You may not agree with this person, but that does not make them lame anymore than anyone else.

Archived