Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell For....

skinzalltheway

Steve Smith broke his leg. It's not like he had a huge uphill climb this season. He didn't even tear any ligaments or anything. His rehab was minimal. All he had to do was play for a team that most predicted to go far into the playoffs. It will be yet another robbery if Brunell doesn't win, especially if he plays well these next few weeks.

I can definatly see Steve Smith getting it. Sometimes it seems the league goes out of its way to disrespect us.

this is true..i think there is a conspiracy against the redskins. my brother and i were watching tv and i said, "the only time you see redskins in football commercials they are getting trampled, blocked, stuck or scored on." it never fails. even football video game commercials dammit!

Shouldn't Jon Jansen be getting some love here. I am not sure Mark (who BTW I think has had a nice season) is even the skins comeback player of the year. Not to mention this player seems to be presented annually to a player overcoming an injury. I do not know that MB fits this category.

That being said we got robbed in the Pro Bowl voting. Springs,Jansen, Brunell, and the list goes on.

:gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

Smith should get the award. Brunell deserves mention (and should have been in the Pro Bowl over Vick) but, c'mon.

After missing an entire season with a broken leg, Smith is the Carolina offense. He lost his Pro Bowl running mate (Muhammed), their running game inexplicably fell off the map, and the QB has continued his bouts with up and down play.

Much like Santana Moss, Smith carried his team's offense. Unlike Moss, teams have been unable to choke him off from the game by putting a safety over top. They know he's getting the ball and they still haven't been able to stop him. He also doesn't have a Cooley or Portis to take the heat off of him.

Brunell hasn't played at a consistently high level for the entire season. Remember, he started off slow, caught fire, and then hit a slump that just ended with the Dallas game. He's done well this year, but nowhere near well enough to bump Smith off of this award.

i think all the bigwigs, i.e. espn have it out for the skins anyway...i heard the report on the dallas game

'mark brunell only had 16x yards passing'

how about 4 touchdowns?!

Did the ESPN goons forget to mention that almost all his yardage came in the first half. How many passes did he throw in the second half, two-three?

Brunell for comeback player of the year for sure.

Archived