Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Danny vs. Patrick - The 2003 QB race???

88Comrade2000

Good luck Sage. He's gone, so no point to dwell on that.

What we need to dwell on is who's our long term QB? I won't include Matthews. He's nothing but a one year guy.

Danny and Shane will be playing alot this year. If we get into a blowout situation- I hope we can get Patrick in there.

If Danny does well this year- that means we go to the playoffs; then that alters our thinking next offseason. If Danny does alright, then he's battling PAtrick for the job mext year. If Danny totally sucks; then Patrick and someone we draft: Grossman?? battles for that 2003 job.

1. If Danny can run the offense like Spurrier thinks he can, we will get into the playoffs. If that happens, Danny is the starter next year...PERIOD. As fond as SOS is of Danny, there is no way in hell that he will have a QB battle the next year. Wuerffel having a great NFL career would be Spurrier's shining testament.

2. If Danny has a mediocre year and Shane comes in frequently to relieve him, then Ramsey has a great shot to win the job next year.

3. If they ALL suck and the 'Skins are at the bottom of the standings, SOS will do whatever is necessary to get Grossman.

HTTR!!:cheers:

Just my opinion....

I think Danny will do fine this year, but Shane will probably play some too. I can honestly see Patrick playing some before the end of the year. We have a really tough schedule and 9-7 would be a great season for us. If that were to happen, seven losses is alot of time to get Patrick some work and see if he will cut it. Personally, I think he will. I think this is a great situation for a young qb to be in.

If Danny helps the team to a playoff this year, the Skins just found their starting QB for the next 5 years. Period.

If the team doesn't make it to the playoffs, Patrick has a legitimate chance to be the starter next year. There is absolutely *no way* that a rookie QB introduced to arguably the most demanding offense (and coach) will succeed *this year*.

OT: Those Gators who think Spurrier is going to draft Grossman, *wake up!*. I don't think Spurrier wanted Ramsey, but he, and the Redskins, are stuck with PR being the "QB of the future". I don't think it will be 2003 though.

Originally posted by NavyDave

We better be looking at linemen in 2k3 since we foolishly ignored it this year.

There is no way we are going to draft QBs in the first round back to back unless we are trading PR

This is certainly my hope as well. Getting a QB next year would only happen if NONE of them can do the job...

HTTR!:cheers:

I agree with the chosen one, we can start this debate up again a few weeks into the season. Do not be surprised, however, if the same 3 quarterbacks are on the roster and still battling to be the starter.........

Archived