Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Elfin(WT): "Giants aim to honor owners"

Monkart

The Giants haven't played the Colts and would've beaten the Seahawks on Nov. 27 in Seattle if kicker Jay Feely had made one of his three field goal tries in the last minute of regulation and in overtime.

And if my Aunt had a scrot, she'd by my Uncle. What's the point... ?

The local papers really hate to see us do well, even more than the national media.

These "local" papers kill me. Its like they hate to see the Redskins playing well.

Let's face it, if it's your job to write about the team week after week, you get much more mileage when they're doing badly. Then you get to sound off on what you would do, without ever having to actually step up and do it. Or you can go for "stinging wit" in insulting the lads.

When they're doing well, what do you write? "They played well." Boooorrriiinnggg (for the writer). That's why they'll always try to find a problem somewhere.

The issue isn't confined to sports, it's inherent in journalism. Just look at politics coverage (whichever party's in office).

Just my :2cents: , as Kent Brockman might say.

I have decided that redskins.com is now a better source of info than the Times or Post. I mean think about it...redskins.com has all the press conferences and game highlights on video as well as injury news and other random team news.

The Post and Times offer crappy, uninformed opinionated pieces.

Danny as won!

And if my Aunt had a scrot, she'd by my Uncle. What's the point... ?

The local papers really hate to see us do well, even more than the national media.

The funniest part about that statement by Elfin is the league apologized to the Seahawks for granting two touchdowns to the Giants they didn't earn so they wouldn't have won :).

Sorry, this whole "win one for our dead owners" trump card works at best one time. The Skins owe the Giants big time for the "fluke of the meadowlands" and we have a playoff birth to secure. Plus the Skins are at home.

The Redskins have the emotional edge in this game......by a large margin.....no matter what Elfin wants to believe.

:gaintsuck

Archived