Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Patrick: Brunell Shoulda Made Pro Bowl (Merged)

Fifty Gut

he's discussing the Pro Bowl right now on his show, and first person he brought up, Mark Brunell, shoulda been the #2 NFC QB to go to the Pro Bowl :logo:

I am listening to it as I type. He made valid points as to why Brunell should have been picked. I live in Atlanta and I still can't fathom how Vick made the team. It is ridiculous if you ask me.:mad:

I was just talking about that with a guy at work who is an Atlanta fan (or used to be, trying to convert). How does Vick who has worse #s than Brunell get in? Not to even mention Deangelo Hall getting in over Springs. This is total Bull****. We both came to the conclusion that the NFC is going to lose again this year and every year as long as the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest.

I am listening to it as I type. He made valid points as to why Brunell should have been picked. I live in Atlanta and I still can't fathom how Vick made the team. It is ridiculous if you ask me.:mad:

Because the Pro Bowl is in many, many ways a popularity contest, not a true measure of talent.

The fact that Vick made the Pro Bowl with his numbers should be proof enough that the Pro Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest. NO way Vick should have made it this year. On the selection show, when Trey Wingo announced Vick's name the others sounded like they were trying to make excuses for why he was voted in.

from Pro Bowl. He brought that up just a few minutes ago in today's ESPNRadio.

Mark Schelerth said the same thing in Mike and Mike early this morning.

Sorry if this was brought up before, but yesterday I heard Lincoln Kennedy say the same thing on Total Access. Eric Allen said the same thing on NFL Live.

So, everyone seems to agree Brunell has much better stats than Vick the Pick, since Brunell has the 3rd best passer rating in the NFC and not as many interceptions as Vick. That's why I hate seeing the fans voting.

Anyway, I'm sorry for Brunell, but it was nice to see him miffed about the subject in his presser last Wednesday. Maybe we'll get a statement game from him on Saturday.

:gaintsuck

you know I listen to Dan the prick at times and he just hates on the skins, I would love to just slap the taste out of that geeks mouth, he just hates on us all the time, you know when we do go deep in the playoffs and wants to get a interview I would tell him to piss off on live radio just to give him the smack he should get. I wish Mike Sellers would just go and do the office thing and burry Dan threw some of the thin walls at ESPN. I like Rich on NFL network, he seems to like the skins and he let it be known when he said we were for real and came back and said it again. I just hate Dan.

No one from the NFC deserves it anyway except for Hassleback. There are cases for Eli, Bulger, and others. Mark as a great TD to Int ratio that is the only thing that he has. Offense is the lowest scoring acverage of all the Quaterbacks listed 16 per game and has thrown for under 150 adn 175 way to many times in loses as I am saying not wins!

Vick gets it becasue his running ability and his excitement

Delhommne actually has better over all numbers than Brunnell.

The one negative thing I can say about Brunnell other than the Dallas game that we came back to win in the forth quater he has not brought us back to win any games.

Eli has the best quarterback rating in the fourth quarter than all the quaterbacks. To win games and to finish games and as we know we have had issues with that.

The point is there are cases to be made on many other quarterbacks who did not make it either. This year for the NFC was a bust on productive quaterbacks

dan is really blowin brunell up. haha, every other sentence is "i really think brunell deserves to go. he's a great story." and followed by "i don't think mike vick deserves to go". most of the callers don't think mike should go either. as do i. but we all know it's reputation anyways.

Just as I say, the pro bowl is a popularity contest. I dont think Vick should even be in there. To me he isn't that great of a QB. His speed and agility is are the only reasons he is a threat and once he loses a step, his career is over. Mark should be in there hands down. He is having one of his best seasons in his career.

Listen, let's face the facts. The NFL has a vested interest in making sure Michael Vick gets into the ProBowl. The man moves merchandise and he gets people in the stands. He's what you call a walking commercial for the NFL and its sponsors due to his marketability. He could have 30 INT's and he would still be getting into the ProBowl.

It's a corrupt system.

Delhommne actually has better over all numbers than Brunnell.

The one negative thing I can say about Brunnell other than the Dallas game that we came back to win in the forth quater he has not brought us back to win any games.

Eli has the best quarterback rating in the fourth quarter than all the quaterbacks. To win games and to finish games and as we know we have had issues with that.

What numbers. Delhomme has 200 more yards and has a 1% higher completion %....Thats it. They are even in Td's with 20 except that Jake has 15 ints. to Marks 8. Everyone even here in Charlotte knows that he is highly overrated, and is a horrible dicision maker. Steve Smith just makes him look good, play after play as evidence by him scoring 11 of Jakes 20 td's.

As far as the 4th quarter situations, it is not all Marks fault. It was mainly our D (many players were hurt) that gave up points in the fourth.

The pro-bowl is all about hype baby, I would rather be all-pro if you notice many all-pro players dont even go to the pro bowl. At least you get respect regarding on field performance and not what makes money. Shot I wouldn't mind being on the All Madden squad.

Archived