Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comeback Player of the Year

Dweezel

So, as we all know Mark Brunell should be named comeback player of the year. However, I have a bad feeling that they are going to name Steve Smith because of his broken leg last year and him leading the league in receiving. Don't get me wrong, I think Steve Smith is a great player and has had a great season but so many people said that Mark Brunell was DONE. Everyone pretty much knew Smith would come back this year. Anyway, I hope that Brunell gets the award because I think he deserves it after so many people counted him out for his career (myself included). What do you guys think?

''Rant''

the sad part about this is Mark Brunell will not be named comeback player of the year....look what team he plays on..better yet look at the number skins going to the probowl, i can name 3 skins players that should be on the NFC probowl roster that are'nt there...the skins nation gets no respect my freind you must come to turms with that.. no matter how high we climb we'll always be a few notches down in the media and nonskins fans eyes...long story short. you have a better shot at finding a million dollars sitting in the street than Mark Brunell being crowned comeback player of the year...it hurts but it's true...

''End Rant''

Antonio Brown would be mine

For what reason other than the one kick return?

I'm stoked to see him back here too, but there's no way he deserves that.

And to the other posters, there's no vast Anti-Redskins conspiracy. I'm sure there's alot of Cardinals fans, Packer fans, etc, that feel the exact same way we do. We're biased.

personal opinion

The struggle his life faces him with, starting the season miserably and being cut and never giving up looking from the outside looking in hoping for another chance. When it came, he jumped on it and took one to the house.

I found it amazing and moving. Sure he doesnt have the stats, and theres no way I can argue why he should get it using charts or algorithms but to me thats one hell of a hill he climbed. For that he gets my nod.

And to the other posters, there's no vast Anti-Redskins conspiracy. I'm sure there's alot of Cardinals fans, Packer fans, etc, that feel the exact same way we do. We're biased.

BossMayne80<-----in denial...:cuss:''No I won't beleive it I wont i tell you..the world hates the skins i have proof!!!''

just kidding.lol:D

Seems like it goes to a guy bouncing back from injury more often then a guy who had a bad season followed by a better one. It does happen, but not as often. I guess we will have to see. My hunch is that Smith get it. He's one of the "pretty boys" of the league, plays the glamour position (funny how WR is more a glamour position these days even than QB) and did have a pretty nasty injury last year.

Antonio Brown would be mine

He just muffed a kick this past weekend, are you serious?? J/K, Brown is the man.

If I had to pick a Most Improved Player it would be Joe Salave'a, because he stepped in for Noble and has done a real good job, much better than I thought he would have done--our Defensive line is a different unit w/o him.

(NOTE: This is my pick for my most improved 'skins players, my NFL pick for comback player would be Steve Smith)

Seems like it goes to a guy bouncing back from injury more often then a guy who had a bad season followed by a better one. It does happen, but not as often. I guess we will have to see. My hunch is that Smith get it. He's one of the "pretty boys" of the league, plays the glamour position (funny how WR is more a glamour position these days even than QB) and did have a pretty nasty injury last year.

Right, but Brunell had a bad season last year coupled with being benched in Jacksonville. Although, i think Drew Brees won it last year so there is a shot.

As much as I want Brunell to win, I cannot be disappointed of Steve Smith wins it.

Is the Comeback Player of the Year based on coming back from an injury or is coming back from a bad season also taken into consideration?

If the criteria is either, I'd give it to Brunell. Steve Smith had a good season in 2003 didn't he? Then he got hurt last year and now he's back and picking up where he left off. Brunell sucked last year. He was done. He was toast. Now he's come back and put together a good (not great) season at age 35.

Also, how about Santana Moss. He put up pretty good numbers for the Jets in 2003. His numbers dipped in 2004 and eveyone spent the entire offseason telling us why Santana was no better than a #2 or 3 receiver and he's gone out and had a Pro Bowl season. He's going to finish with 80+ catches for over 1300 or 1400 yards and 6-8 TDs.

You know I would normally lean toward the side of Brunell getting snubbed because we are the team that everyone loves to hate. HOWEVER, after reading all day about how many, many people thought Brunell got snubbed for the probowl I really think hes got a good chance at getting CPOTY. Good luck MARK, YOU GET MY VOTE!! :cheers:

Archived