Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Balloting and Gibbs genius

Burgold

The probowl is more proof. Look, in his first tenure Gibbs went to four Superbowls in ten years... Forty percent of the time his team was the best or second best team in the league and in that time only one player was a Hall of Famer. Only one. Surely, no one equals Gibbs. Fast forward to the second term. Two years in a row a Gibbs team has fielded a top five conference defense and in those two years he did it with only one superlative player this year and none last year. I mean sure he proved that he could beat the Dallas Cowboys best with scrubs off the street and a few junior high prebucents in 1987, but the fact that he can get these results with so few elite players really, really says something. Want to know what, ask Peter King about Grimm, Jacoby, and Monk.

Furthermore the roaches that were proclaiming the game has past Gibbs have slowly creeped back into their cracks.

Fact is it took less that two seasons to get us moving in the right direction and pretty much playoff bound.

How many 'experts' were saying dallas was such a better team not 3 weeks ago?

7-3 does not make a teram a candidat efor the superbowl just ask Norval about that, when his skins had a 7-1 record and all they needed to do was win 3 games to get a playoff berth.

Good god, please dont remind us of that year!!! I almost forgot about it until i read this :rolleyes:

Archived