Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I wrong or should Lavar be sucking it up about now??

scottlo34

Don't get me wrong, I like Lavar Arrington but it just seems to me that as a handful of guys sucked it up last week to play through injuries, shouldn't Lavar be doing the same?? If this injury was serious, I am sure we would have heard about it. Maybe I am wrong, but I think Lavar needs to suck it up and be on that field. For crying out loud, we are in the midst of the biggest string of games this team has played in a very long time. Feedback anyone?? :logo:

No you are actually 100% right. Im glad u said this because I have been thinking the same thing. BUt not just LaVar, any player who is mildly injured. Our team isn;t as deep as it probably should be. But there is only 2 games left. These are important games coming up and it's time to stop messing around. Our players , especially LaVar must suck it up. He's supposed to be a tough guy, so he must take his diapers off, put some pants on and play his heart out.

I think unless you can physically feel his pain you shouldn't make any judgement on if he should be sucking it up and playing.

If you're not able to play you're not able to play, having a bum thigh makes it pretty tough to run around and play the linebacker position.

If he knows he can't really help the team I applaud him for being honest and not hurting the team by trying to play through the injury.

If he goes out there and misses a tackle or a coverage because of that thigh injury you'll be asking, "why is he even playing?, he's hurt!"

More machismo from people tucked safely at their desk and in some recliner every weekend..."LaVar needs to suck it up!"

Please.

Throughout his career, LaVar has played with injuries that would have sidelined they types of players who didn't love the game like he does. So when LaVar, Gibbs, Williams and the team doctor all say he's not able to play, I don't have the arrogance or righteousness to pretend otherwise...and I definitely wouldn't ignore all that and spout off on how he needs to "suck it up" and play.

Looks like he's sucking it up to me

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=13878

News & Notes: Arrington Back At Practice

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

December 21, 2005

Linebacker LaVar Arrington returned to practice on Wednesday, but he remains listed as questionable for this Saturday's game against the New York Giants.

Asked about Arrington's practice status, head coach Joe Gibbs said: "LaVar took a lot of work today."

Arrington's status for Saturday will likely be determined by how well his thigh holds up through practice this week. In recent workouts, Arrington had shown improved range of motion in the thigh, according to team trainers.

Arrington has missed the Redskins' last two games due to a thigh injury. If Arrington is unable to play, Warrick Holdman would likely take over in his place, with Chris Clemons playing some on passing downs.

Meantime, cornerback Carlos Rogers is also questionable for Saturday's game. Gibbs was not optimistic that he would have Rogers' services, however. Rogers has been slowed by a biceps injury and sat out last Sunday's win over Dallas.

"It's still pretty sore," Gibbs said of Rogers' status. "I think we're going to have to have something really good happen to us for him to play this weekend."

James Thrash, who has missed the last four games with a hamstring injury, was not listed on the team's injury report and should be available to play in Saturday's game against the Giants.

Thrash was full-go during Wednesday's practice and Gibbs said the team would continue to monitor the veteran wide receiver's recovery.

Safety Matt Bowen, cornerback Shawn Springs and left tackle Chris Samuels are listed as probable for Saturday's game. Samuels and Springs sat out Wednesday's practice so that they could get some additional rest in a short week.

Overall, Gibbs felt good about the team's injury situation entering what is certainly the biggest game of the season.

"I feel like we're better than what we were last week, that's for sure," Gibbs said. "We were scrambling last week. I don't think we could rate ourselves as healthy, but we're better.

a bruised quad. LMAO

i can imagine what the old timers are thinking about this guy.

i know riggo isnt a fan. ill bet thats a long list.

guys who played through more serious injuries than a bruised quad.

guys who bled for the burgundy & gold.

guys like riggo, gary clark, darryll green, among many others.

lavar will never be on that list.

a bruised quad. LMAO

Um, do you know that you get DEEP bruises? Do you think that such a critical muscle as the quad (the thing like that like, y'know, extends the lower leg which is kinda important in running) might be bruised enough to keep him at an unsatisfactory physical performance level?

I'll stay above insulting some dude on the net clowning a guy who has proven he plays with injuries. :doh:

a bruised quad. LMAO

Sorry, Arrington is already on that list. Arrington has played through everything when allowed. He said he would play if it killed him. But somebody held him out.

Here is what I've got to say on the issue. Arrington was asked if he wanted to go anywhere else and he said - no, i always want to be a Redskin. Gregg Williams was asked if he wanted to go anywhere and he waffled and said - I am going to get a head coaching job somewhere.

Stop playing favorites. It's clear who wants to be here & who doesn't.

I don't know the behind the scenes situation here. None of us really know who made the decision for LaVar to miss the games he has missed. LaVar may say to the media that he wants to play, then behind the scenes on game day decide that he isn't ready to go. We just don't know.

Personally, I am all about the old school. LaVar should SUCK IT UP. Anytime you get injured and you can walk off the field with no help you should be able to go back in. LaVar sat out most of the Rams game, all of the Cardinals game and all of the Cowboys game, and for what? A THIGH BRUISE?

And before anyone says what do I know about playing hurt let me give you some background info about me. I do indeed play football. I have played through some crazy injuries. I once broke my facemask on a RB's helmet, during which one of the bars of my facemask hit me and took the vision out of my right eye. I literally played 3 qtrs of football with one eye and because my facemask couldn't be fixed, and I refused to wear someone elses helmet, the bar kept hitting me in my blind eye every play. On another occasion I somehow got a small gash on my chin that eventually opened up to around 3 cms. I wrapped a bandage on my head and kept playing. I literally had to go to the hospital immediately after the game was over. On another occasion someone fell on the back of my ankle, very similar to Randy Thomas' injury, but my ankle wasn't broke so I continued to play. After the game I found out from a doctor that I had fractured my ankle in two places.

My point is, if he isn't dying he needs to SUCK IT UP. I'm a 17 year old kid playing for FREE, this guy is getting paid MILLIONS and he is missing our playoff push because of a friggin thigh bruise! Maybe if some of these players actually wore real thigh pads instead of those pretty little things they have on now a THIGH BRUISE wouldn't make 'em miss 2 1/2 games.

What happened to guys like Walter Payton and, forgive me but, Emmit Smith. Those guys played through thick and thin. Emmit played a gamed with a dislocated/seperated shoulder and he's a RB, he gets hit EVERY play. LaVar comes out of a game because his thigh hurts. I think I was born in the wrong generation because guys like LA simply seem soft to me. Just my opinion.

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

Given that Carlos Rogers' bicep "bruise" turned out to be a tear, it seems the staff likes to low-ball injury status reports. LaVar's quad injury could be quite severe and possibly related to his knee injury.

If they're talking about range of motion, then it shouldn't be up for debate. If you're physically unable to fully extend or contract a body part, that's a bit harder to overcome than shrugging off some level of pain..

Gregg Williams was asked if he wanted to go anywhere and he waffled and said - I am going to get a head coaching job somewhere.

Stop playing favorites. It's clear who wants to be here & who doesn't.

ok,as usual i'd like to see the link to this statement GW made.on the Levar issue i was just ****in and moanin about how he needs to quit bein a sissy and freakin play this week.however,i'd never even think of trying to push that opinion anywhere other than for the people that have no choice but to have to listen to my daily ramblings about my team.privately i was just sayin he needs to play but for the record i'd have to say the doctors,trainers,and Levar know if he's ready to go or not.it's not like we're hurtin at linebacker and his replacement is a complete lop.

And before anyone says what do I know about playing hurt let me give you some background info about me. I do indeed play football. I have played through some crazy injuries. I once broke my facemask on a RB's helmet, during which one of the bars of my facemask hit me and took the vision out of my right eye. I literally played 3 qtrs of football with one eye and because my facemask couldn't be fixed, and I refused to wear someone elses helmet, the bar kept hitting me in my blind eye every play. On another occasion I somehow got a small gash on my chin that eventually opened up to around 3 cms. I wrapped a bandage on my head and kept playing. I literally had to go to the hospital immediately after the game was over. On another occasion someone fell on the back of my ankle, very similar to Randy Thomas' injury, but my ankle wasn't broke so I continued to play. After the game I found out from a doctor that I had fractured my ankle in two places.
ok,i wanna start with this one...I once broke my facemask on a RB's helmet, during which one of the bars of my facemask hit me and took the vision out of my right eye. I literally played 3 qtrs of football with one eye and because my facemask couldn't be fixed, and I refused to wear someone elses helmet, the bar kept hitting me in my blind eye every play.....your blind eye?are you still blind then?did you have surgery to repair it?or is this the kind of injury that healed itself overnight/within days?or was it more something that wasn't literally blind but merely uncomfortable and not as clear as usual?.........next one......On another occasion I somehow got a small gash on my chin that eventually opened up to around 3 cms. I wrapped a bandage on my head and kept playing. I literally had to go to the hospital immediately after the game was over......so,you went to the hospital for a gash that would have closed itself if only you had kept pressure and ice on it?you went to the hospital for that but you now have the gall to publicly tell Levar to suck it up and quit being a sissy?hmmm.....and lastly.... On another occasion someone fell on the back of my ankle, very similar to Randy Thomas' injury, but my ankle wasn't broke so I continued to play. After the game I found out from a doctor that I had fractured my ankle in two places.....for starters,that is commendable of you to play through a fractured ankle.however,you really have no idea how much that ankle is going to bother you in the future because you're still young and your body still heals very well and very quickly.you also didn't mention if you finished the year on that broken ankle so that you could affirm the idea that you do practice what you preach or if you did like Levar is doing and followed the advice of a medical professional and let that injury heal first.after about 25 you will see what i'm talking about regarding healing and that ankle and how it acts.ever had ACL surgery?i have.it hurt alot.but what's really weird is that now,since they had to borrow muscles from other places in my leg and reroute them through the knee i get pains,cramps,aches and such in places and ways that seem to make no sense and for sometimes no apparant reason what-so-ever.my whole point is it is not for us to criticize without knowing the extent of his pain or his injury.i mean,i am not greatly impressed with your list of "playing through it"'s yet from where you stand things look alot different to you than they do to me.we should remember to afford others that same respect that we expect from others when put in that same situation.he's a wimp but you're not?please.i was just saying the same thing to my girlfriend that he needs to play through it but i would never put that in writing and publicly display it because i feel that would be way out of line for me to say from my under-educated view point.

I think unless you can physically feel his pain you shouldn't make any judgement on if he should be sucking it up and playing.

I think the team's Dr and Coaches know what's best.
We need Lavar running at atleast 90%.
Um, do you know that you get DEEP bruises? Do you think that such a critical muscle as the quad (the thing like that like, y'know, extends the lower leg which is kinda important in running) ....

These guys said it all. First, YOU don't know what it feeling like. Second, what's the point of putting the guy in if he's not near 100% - let him fully recover. The quad, along with the thigh, are very sensitive muscles, and are key for that explosive power; it all starts with the legs. I attempted playing with a strained/bruised thigh my senior year and it was impossible and only took a single awkward move to re-injury it even worse.

I'm SURE Lavar wanted to play but as it's been stated before, it's not up to him. The coaches obviously evaluated his effectiveness and thought better of putting him out there. Lets at least hope if he's not ready this week, he'll be ok for philly.

I don't know the behind the scenes situation here. None of us really know who made the decision for LaVar to miss the games he has missed. LaVar may say to the media that he wants to play, then behind the scenes on game day decide that he isn't ready to go. We just don't know.

Personally, I am all about the old school. LaVar should SUCK IT UP. Anytime you get injured and you can walk off the field with no help you should be able to go back in. LaVar sat out most of the Rams game, all of the Cardinals game and all of the Cowboys game, and for what? A THIGH BRUISE?

My point is, if he isn't dying he needs to SUCK IT UP. I'm a 17 year old kid playing for FREE, this guy is getting paid MILLIONS and he is missing our playoff push because of a friggin thigh bruise! Maybe if some of these players actually wore real thigh pads instead of those pretty little things they have on now a THIGH BRUISE wouldn't make 'em miss 2 1/2 games.

What happened to guys like Walter Payton and, forgive me but, Emmit Smith. Those guys played through thick and thin. Emmit played a gamed with a dislocated/seperated shoulder and he's a RB, he gets hit EVERY play. LaVar comes out of a game because his thigh hurts. I think I was born in the wrong generation because guys like LA simply seem soft to me. Just my opinion.

Zip-it-up and Zip-it-OUT!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Lemme see....what can I say about this "testimonial"?.....Hmmmmmm.........BULL FECES!!! (just my opinion)

Of course he should suck it up but the Lavar apologists will tell you that GW is out to get LA and thigh brusies are the most debilitating injury in all of sports. Hell the fact LA can walk on a thigh bruise is a testament to how much of a warrior LA really is.

Those apologists don't want to face the facts that Samuels played with a sprained knee and ankle, or that Springs with a sore back and strained groin. How bout when Jansen played with two broken thumbs. CP developed a back bruise on the horse collar tackle but came back in after a little treatment.

Fact is a deep thigh bruise will not cripple a player the way some think LA has been crippled. Maybe it's worse then a bruise ala Carlos Rogers, we don't know, but the fact is a thigh bruise is not a blown out knee. If he doesn't play this week, the writting is on the wall that problems have resurfaced in the locker room between him and the coaches.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

Archived