Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lenny P calls for Cooley getting SNUBBED to the ProBowl...

timdaley73

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this...

But, Lenny P gives props to Chris "Captain Chaos" Cooley saying he had a better year than Alge Crumpler... saying he got snubbed...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2267860

TE Chris Cooley (Washington): Because he plays the H-back spot, Cooley is lumped in with the fullbacks in the balloting, and he finished as an alternate. But H-backs, in most cases, should be considered in the tight end category and Cooley was more consistent than, say, Atlanta's Alge Crumpler in the big picture.

I did a search and couldn't find anything on this...

But, Lenny P gives props to Chris "Captain Chaos" Cooley saying he had a better year than Alge Crumpler... saying he got snubbed...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2267860

TE Chris Cooley (Washington): Because he plays the H-back spot, Cooley is lumped in with the fullbacks in the balloting, and he finished as an alternate. But H-backs, in most cases, should be considered in the tight end category and Cooley was more consistent than, say, Atlanta's Alge Crumpler in the big picture.

Nice of Lenny P. to actually say something nice about the Redskins.....but I still can't stand him.

how can VIck and CRUMPLER both make it? VICK sucked this year, i love the man but doenst matter how dangerous you are? if that was the case, Ray Lewis should ahve made it even tho hes injured!

Cooley/Brunell/Portis should have all made it if Vick/Crumpler/Dunn made it...they MAY not even make the playoffs! they play the panthers/bucs the last 2 games!

IT dont f'n matter Chris"Captain Chaos" Cooley showed whothe man is when it comes time for the big game. I dont care what the know it alls decide.Chris gives 150% when hes on the field.He will give the punks from New York all they can handle this week.Go Captain Chaos.

Maybe you should look at what position Alexander plays. :doh:

Nice try though.

This is a joke right?

Just in case it's not, let me spell it out for you:

One of the best ways to judge a FB is by how well he blocks for his RB, since that IS his main job. Since SA leads the league in rushing (by quite a bit too), it follows that his FB must be doing an excellent job.

You guys know we're talking about football right?

wow, just wow.

This is a joke right?

Just in case it's not, let me spell it out for you:

One of the best ways to judge a FB is by how well he blocks for his RB, since that IS his main job. Since SA leads the league in rushing (by quite a bit too), it follows that his FB must be doing an excellent job.

You guys know we're talking about football right?

wow, just wow.

While spelling has never been my strong suit, i definitely don't need any help from someone who uses this airtight logic.

You do know Portis has said he'd rather not have a FB, right? And that quite a few teams rarely use FBs in lead blocking schemes (as in single back formations). Plus, just because one is good doesn't mean the other is. That it like saying that just because a WR is good, than be default his QB must be good. Are you seriously saying that Mack Strong is better than Chris Cooley?

While spelling has never been my strong suit, i definitely don't need any help from someone who uses this airtight logic.

You do know Portis has said he'd rather not have a FB, right? And that quite a few teams rarely use FBs in lead blocking schemes (as in single back formations). Plus, just because one is good doesn't mean the other is. That it like saying that just because a WR is good, than be default his QB must be good. Are you seriously saying that Mack Strong is better than Chris Cooley?

You're right. What was I thinking? People didn't vote for Mack Strong because of the job he did blocking for alexander, they voted for him because of the 78 yds rushing he had, and the 123 yards recieving. He must not have time to do much catching and running WITH ALL THE BLOCKING FOR ALEXANDER HE'S DOING. Cooley has better stats recieving, whatever. That's not the first job of a FB. Clearly, he has more time to go out for passes, since Portis doesn't want his help.

You're right. What was I thinking? People didn't vote for Mack Strong because of the job he did blocking for alexander, they voted for him because of the 78 yds rushing he had, and the 123 yards recieving. He must not have time to do much catching and running WITH ALL THE BLOCKING FOR ALEXANDER HE'S DOING. Cooley has better stats recieving, whatever. That's not the first job of a FB. Clearly, he has more time to go out for passes, since Portis doesn't want his help.

Okay, i understand what you mean. But my point is, that is like saying Steve Smith is putting up monster numbers - we should vote for Delhomme. Doesn't really work that way.

Plus, the Seahawks have probably the best O-line in the NFL, so Strong's job is a lot easier than most blocking FBs.

Okay, i understand what you mean. But my point is, that is like saying Steve Smith is putting up monster numbers - we should vote for Delhomme. Doesn't really work that way.

Plus, the Seahawks have probably the best O-line in the NFL, so Strong's job is a lot easier than most blocking FBs.

Well not every position is like that, but fullback is one of them. 90% of good runners have good fullbacks. KC has Tony Richardson, SD has Lorenzo Neal, Seattle has Strong, Giants have Jim Finn, Denver has Mike Anderson, the list goes on. It's really hard to measure FB production any other way, so this is how most fans/people in the league do it. If you have a good line, you will still get decent gains. But if you have a FB to blow up the LBer filling the hole, that's when you get botht he big gains and the tough yards, which SA has had no trouble doing this year (5.1 ypc).

Well not every position is like that, but fullback is one of them. 90% of good runners have good fullbacks. KC has Tony Richardson, SD has Lorenzo Neal, Seattle has Strong, Giants have Jim Finn, Denver has Mike Anderson, the list goes on. It's really hard to measure FB production any other way, so this is how most fans/people in the league do it. If you have a good line, you will still get decent gains. But if you have a FB to blow up the LBer filling the hole, that's when you get botht he big gains and the tough yards, which SA has had no trouble doing this year (5.1 ypc).

Be that as it may, i'll still take Portis and Cooley over Alexander and Strong.

Archived