Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snubbing will motivate D...thank you NFL

The Animal Trainer

Our D got hosed as a unit. Everyone knows that that D has at least 2 pro-bowlers out of Washington, Taylor, Springs, and Griffin...Wilbon was saying Marshall had a shot at it too. Personally, I like it...You think Gregg Williams won't use that as motivation against the Giants? Roy "Texas Toast" Williams has no bussiness in the pro-bowl...Taylor was better this season and he will be better every season after this. Brunnell should send BigHead Roy a dozen burgandy Roses and a broom, because he played a huge part in the sweep of dallas...the NFL just likes his nancy boy attitude and he's popular throughout the midwest. I'd rather have a steaming mad, fired up, raw-specimen of an athlete roaming the middle than the poster boy for Fathead.com and Texas Toast any day. We will see the results on Saturday, I gaurentee it. :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I don't think Gregg Williams will have to use pro-bowl snubbing as a motivational tool, I think MW, ST, Springs, Griff, hell even CP will be ready to show the rest of the league that they are real ballers and capable of dominating games. In fact I'd like to know if Terry "Gator" Glenn considers ST a pro-bowler.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

Our D did get hosed! The overall 7th best defense in the NFL gets no Pro Bowlers. WTF. Washington should have definitely been there. At least one of Taylor, Griffin, or Springs should also have been there. I understand Santana, but Samuels? He's been solid, but hardly Pro Bowl material. Thomas would have been a much better choice(I know, different position).

Snubbing? Our guys are talented, but they haven't been putting up pro bowl numbers. Griffin and arrington missed several games, Washington got his first sack of the season in the dallas game, Springs has only one int and zero sacks compared to leading the team in both categories last year. Even Sean Taylor has taken a statistical slump from last year. That doesn't mean we suck, it just means we aren't putting up big numbers. That's more like a compliment to me, because that's how this defense works. It's not about the individuals, but it's helping us get to the postseason. Learn to love it. : )

Snubbing? Our guys are talented, but they haven't been putting up pro bowl numbers. Griffin and arrington missed several games, Washington got his first sack of the season in the dallas game, Springs has only one int and zero sacks compared to leading the team in both categories last year. Even Sean Taylor has taken a statistical slump from last year. That doesn't mean we suck, it just means we aren't putting up big numbers. That's more like a compliment to me, because that's how this defense works. It's not about the individuals, but it's helping us get to the postseason. Learn to love it. : )

Well do you think Trotter should be in the pro-bowl? I for one think MW has had a better year for a better team. Also your statement about MW getting his first sack against Dallass is wrong, he got his first INT against Dallass. He had 2.5 sacks coming in, I'm not entirely sure the actual number.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

Renegade you oculdnt be more wrong about Washington. He had 4.5 sacks coming into the Dallas game. Giving him 6.5 on the year, and he's on pace for 100 total tackles. this is one guy who has the numbers, and he's the leader of the D. His snubbing really irks me. How he didnt get in over Lance Briggs, Keith Brooking, or even Derrick Brooks astounds me.

I can agree on some things, but not the rest. No one has brought up Arrington, he's missed half the season. Springs has been banged up for most of the year, so maybe not. The fact that nobody will throw the ball to Taylor's side of the field and the fact that nobody wants to catch a ball when he is in the area should be considered. That's a serious positive. Griffin and Washington are still monsters at their position even though Griff has missed 3 games or so. We have one of the top 6-7 defenses in the NFL, and to receive not one Pro Bowl first team nomination is pathetic.

Hey guys don't get all worked up about this. We have one of the best defenses because they play well together. We really don't have any statistical standouts this year. Are guys are very talented and work well within the Greg Williams scheme. They sworm to the ball and play good help defense. The best individual performance I've seen this year was put up by Daniels against the girls lastSunday. I think our guys will just continue to do what they do best.

:gaintsuck

I just think that at least one of our guys...probably Washington, should have made it. He's been having a great year and completely went off in the Dallas game. Maybe the votes were all in before the game...I heard Rich Eisen say it last night on NFL Total Access and I agree with him, the NFL should wait until after the regular season is over before voting for Pro-Bowlers...its just a popularity contest. I did read a Post article where Williams comments on having no pro-bowlers on the D...I think he put it as good as any coach could; he basically said that if guys want to make the pro-bowl, they've got to make more plays and play better as a unit and as a team. That's exactaly how the D needs to play...its best game of the season.

Our D did get hosed! The overall 7th best defense in the NFL gets no Pro Bowlers. WTF. Washington should have definitely been there. At least one of Taylor, Griffin, or Springs should also have been there. I understand Santana, but Samuels? He's been solid, but hardly Pro Bowl material. Thomas would have been a much better choice(I know, different position).

Taylor should have been there but you cant argue against Sharper. He does have 8 int's. Griffin didnt play enough this season, and Springs was in and out of the lineup and has only 1 pick. All have been a big part of our D, but I can't argue against who they put in front of them. I agree Thomas should have got some real consideration.

Archived