Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor: "I dont care about no pro bowl"

LiveStrongSkins

Originally Posted by fatal

One of two interviews with Sean Taylor last season:

Reporter: Sean, when do you think Joe Gibbs is going to put you in the starting lineup?

Taylor: I dunno, whenever he decides to pull the trigga.

I dont get it. Pretty bad joke from reading it if you ask me.

He means hes a weapon, like a gun. Ready to be shot.

I personally think its one of the best quotes ever by a redskin.

Anyone who watches Sean play objectively; really objectively, realizes he is a football players football player. He comes to play, and he plays to win for love of the game. You can blather on about stuff off the field; all of which is debateble conjecture, but you can not legitimately question were his heart lies with respect to the game. If I'm choosing up teams, I'll take 21 with my first pick.

I was just watching the replay of Glenn's aligator arms play (courtesy of PleaseBlitz's sig pic). Look at S.Taylor getting out of Glenn's way at the end of the play. If this play had taken place last year, I'm thinking Taylor would have laid him out and gotten a 15-yard penalty. He is still an animal, but it seems like he's playing a little smarter this year. He seems like a pretty cool guy, so hopefully he's learning on and off the field.

Who is Mack Strong (beside being the FB from Seattle who beat out Cooley)? Just looked up his stats- nothing impressive.

I guess he must be a monster when it comes to blocking, and I guess Shaun Alexander has had an awesome year thanks in part to him... but I honestly haven't heard of him.

There have been great FBs in the past who were known as blockers that I HAVE heard of (Rathman, "Moose" Johnson, etc...) but not Mack. Not to belittle what Mack has done, but it is truely puzzling to me how Cooley didn't make it.

all I have to say is Mike Vick at QB shows what a JOKE the pro bowl has become.

Seriously... the guy is 27th on the QB rating stat sheet. Trent Dilfer and David Carr have a better rating than Vick... If they gave him a nod for running the ball.. but him in the pro bowl as a RB..

Just looked up some stats- including Czonka (retired in 1967, and the last FB to make it to the HOF), there have only been 8 fullbacks who played post 1950 to make it to the HOF. Not a promising stat for Cooley.

FBs get no love. Except for Mack I suppose, but I doubt he'll ever have any shot at the HOF.

All about team.

Pretty surprising that a young, high draft pick player can embody a "team first" mentality. :cheers:

It Just Shows How much Sean has matured. I think his off season trouble's had alot to do with that.I bet he will definetly be @ the OTA's this spring.

It mattered to you and all the other Skin fans a couple of days ago when then thought that a bunch of skins were going to the pro bowl. Now that only two got picked the game means nothing.:laugh: Are your feelings hurt?

what a looser that has to look for any angle possible to let fans/Skins down!! Pokes fans are one thing but these susage smugglers from NY is another!!

I love how Sean has seemed to grow up. But, does anyone else think that his pending trial might have anything to do with his instant maturation?

So, if I look back at the times where I matured, they rarely followed something positive in my life. I'm thankful that I wasn't in his position in ways, I don't care to think of some of the things I may have done while making that rather large transition between school and work with millions in the bank.

Archived