Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

sawxray

Hey, hey, hey!

Thanks for all the great responses! Esp. Henry, Slingin Sammy (love the handle), TD Wash Redskins, AzSkinsFan, LD 0506, goskins. Even Bubba-good points, but you seem real worked up ;)

I am on board with the fans supporting each other, bleeding burgundy and gold, and staying true to your team, good year or bad. Same here for the old Giants fans. Maybe that's why the rivalries have always been intense in the NFC East.

I agree that some changes are due to injuries or recovery therefrom. I don't see a blowout, either. I am hoping that the Giants continue to improve, especially Eli, and am concerned about our LB's being able to handle Portis. I am a bit less worried about Cooley, because he hasn't done it consistently. But he sure had a great game against the 'Boys, didn't he?

I am impressed to see how busy this board is. Kudos for all the enthusiasm. I hope the Redskins reward you with a playoff appearance, hopefully with a 9-7 record, and hopefully not to face the Giants too soon. I think I would rather face the Seahawks than the Redskins right now. But that is out of my control.

The parts of the game that I am most anxious to see:

Shockey against ST.

Tiki, of course.

Burress against your CB-will they single or double him, and with who?

Strahan and Umenyiora against your O-line, esp. Janssen, who always does well against MS.

The parts I don't really want to see (OK, maybe I'll peek through my fingers):

Moss against our secondary.

Portis if he breaks through our DL.

Your LB's hitting Tiki.

Those ugly DC women with pig noses :silly:

I am a bit less worried about Cooley, because he hasn't done it consistently. But he sure had a great game against the 'Boys, didn't he? :

I wouldn't necessarily give Cooley the "inconsistant" tag just yet.

I'll just show you some numbers here in comparison to Jeremy Shockey—I assume you would consider him a very consistant TE threat.

Jeremy Shockey (Pass catching TE)

Rec Yds Avg Lng TDs

63 873 13.9 59 7

Chris Cooley (H-back)

Rec Yds Avg Lng TDs

64 725 11.3 32 6

Here's Cooley's Game log:

Opp Rec Yds Y/R Lng TD

CHI 3 34 11.3 23 0

DAL 2 20 10.0 14 0

SEA 4 61 15.3 19 0

DEN 8 82 10.3 23 1

KAN 6 54 9.0 17 1

SFO 2 48 24.0 32 0

NYG 3 19 6.3 9 0

PHI 7 85 12.1 18 0

TAM 6 66 11.0 24 0

OAK 5 74 14.8 24 0

SDG 3 28 9.3 17 0

STL 5 58 11.6 19 1

ARI 4 25 6.3 16 0

DAL 6 71 11.8 30 3

Those are some pretty consistant stats for an H-Back.

Also, let's not leave out the fact that Cooley has 4 Tds in the last 3 weeks, while Shockey has 0.

This was a great post......and I don't see why more people don't enjoy debating facts with opposing fans. I think it is more fun that way. Why must we all say "You're a Giants fan and you suck." Oh well.

This series has been all about turnovers. The Skins have had major turnover woes on the road but not at home so far. So I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it continues!!

Good luck coming into our pit and walking out of the den with a W. With the way our house rocked last week we may be seeing the Eli Manning face at FedEx!!!

Okay, I have a somewhat intelligent answer for you sawxray. We had 4 turnovers last time. Now the Giants had a lot to do with it, but like someone else had said...I don't think any team would have beat the Giants that week(owner's death). I think it will be an extremely close game. Hopefully the Skins can force a few turnovers and take advantage of them. If the Skins win, it sets up the last week of the season to be a wild week. First things first, we have a tough team coming into FedEx this week. Let's focus on this team first.

He was talking about the score being out of the norm idiot. Not the gameplay. You can't talk intelligently with rabid redskin fans. They won't be honest about anything.

Calling someone an idiot doesn't show a thing in the way of intelligence. Practice what you preach.

He was talking about the score being out of the norm idiot. Not the gameplay. You can't talk intelligently with rabid redskin fans. They won't be honest about anything.

First of all , you need to watch you mouth about calling people names. Second of all, it is obvious that you did not read his response to me or my response in its entirety. Third of all, I am sure he can defend himself without someone like you jumping in to save him.

This is a message board. Here you must learn to discuss things without calling people names.

Calling someone an idiot doesn't show a thing in the way of intelligence. Practice what you preach.

Thanks KDawg! I was deciding on how to respond. I probably would have got myself ban for a few days. Thanks for looking out for a fellow Redskin fan!

Calm down Gimpy! Calm down....

That was me talking to myself.

matt2190

Head the Swarm on the whole name calling issue.

5. Please be respectful of your fellow members. Every registered member agrees, upon registration, not use these forums to post material or topics which are knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually graphic, physically threatening, invasive of another's privacy or otherwise in violation of any law, including stalking or otherwise harassing individual members.

Personal attacks or threats will not be tolerated. Go after the idea, not the poster. Free debate within the parameters outlined herein is welcome on these forums, and diversity of opinion lies at the heart of a good debate. Toward that end, every member is free to have their own opinion so long as it is expressed in a civil manner, is within the subject matter topic of the forum and does not otherwise violate forum rules.

matt2190

Head the Swarm on the whole name calling issue.

5. Please be respectful of your fellow members. Every registered member agrees, upon registration, not use these forums to post material or topics which are knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually graphic, physically threatening, invasive of another's privacy or otherwise in violation of any law, including stalking or otherwise harassing individual members.

Personal attacks or threats will not be tolerated. Go after the idea, not the poster. Free debate within the parameters outlined herein is welcome on these forums, and diversity of opinion lies at the heart of a good debate. Toward that end, every member is free to have their own opinion so long as it is expressed in a civil manner, is within the subject matter topic of the forum and does not otherwise violate forum rules.

I agree. No name calling.

You all are funny! Gimpy-stop talking to yourself. They have medication for that now...;)

So Shawn Springs on Burress. Please tell me your opinions on that matchup.

Also, then who lines up on Toomer?

And how would you play ST? More run backup, and if so, who covers Shockey? Or do you have him cover Shockey more often than not?

Thanks!

Well I believe Springs has been lights out this year, but you never know...Plax is a great athlete.

Hopefully Taylor will be around Shockey all day..I personally wouldn't expect anything big out of him.

Toomer will be a problem I think, though im not sure if Carlos is playing...but regardless he is still a rook. Walt Harris is just yuck, especially last time around

There is many subplots to this game and all of them favor the Skins. They need it more, it's in their backyard, their worse defeat came against your team. It's Christmas Eve and they have no freakin' plane ride.

Some of the matchups that lead me to believe that it could be an easy win are:

Gregg Wiliams against a second year QB.

A healthy front seven against a banged up offense. (Stopping Tikki is my biggest concern. But the Skins have held backs just as good as him in check this season, although Tikki is certainly not one of them. Nonetheless, if the can keep contained, not allow the Giants to control the flow and playcalling, they should be able to win. Being healthy when the opponent isn't is a good sign.)

Clinton Portis VS a banged up front seven. (Pierce was a one-man wrecking forse in that last game. Emmons is no slouch either. Your DE are very good, I'm not sure were going to put them into postion to pin their ears back. Expect a lot of Portis, a lot.)

You mentioned Buress against S. Springs. Springs has been handling the #1 WR since he has got here. He doesn't need to shut him completley out, he just needs to contain him like he has other #1 WR he's faced.

Ray Brown is a vetran guard, You don't have to worry about he's going to play, there's plenty of film that says he'll be okay.

In short, injuries and emotions are going our way this time. I thought the last time we would fare well against this team because were'nt the type of team that losses to a strong running team, and an average defense. Your defense played a hell of a lot better than advertised. My point here is they game doesn't alway go according to the script. So I'm excited and nervous about this game.

Now I think I've ansewerd your question thoughtfully and nicely. So let me now ask you one, who do you think will win and why?

I agree with you~!

I don't pay attention to those without some kinda sense...

Many of us are also posting that we'll need everything we brought against dallas and then some (my offical mantra for the week). And I believe that's what we'll do. I see a lot of interesting individual stories within the re-match, the match-ups, and the injuries, and I expect us to win a hard-fought contest. I have nothing negative to say about the Giants as a team (unlike the cowpies) who are playing great and I only trash the trolls and idiots.

I also am amazed that visitors from other boards come here and critique this site, as though the stuff doesn't happen on their site :rolleyes: . I mean really, why even bring it up? :whoknows: Here's to no injuries for either of us. :cheers:

Oh yeh, this site is so much better than any other NFL team site that it's prompting some others to try catching up. So the extremeskins staff and the Washington Redskins should be getting some thank-you love from our NFL fellows. :point2sky

You didn't sack or pressure Eli much last time. Your D-line did a great job against Dallas, as did the Giants, because of Pettiti and Tucker. Not a great test, especially given the immobile Drew Bledsoe.

You didn't stop Tiki the first time. And while he won't run for 200 against you, probably, he can have an awfully big impact by gaining 125, and another 40 to 60 in reception yardage. No one else has really stopped him, and your D failed the first test this year. Yes, Griffin is back, which is a positive for you, but Arrington may be out. I don't see a huge difference.

Cheers!

That was then....this is now.....we're both than the one that got trounced in NY. Gibbs' coached teams have always ramped it up in December, and this Saturday should be no exception.

Also with Griffin & Big Joe healthy again... it allowed Williams to make adjustments, using 5 sometimes 6 DB... while still getting pressure up front with the DL, maybe a LB as well

We rarely blitzed against the Cowboys, and The Cardinals... and shut down two good passing teams

Archived