Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

sawxray

I hate to talk up the 'Boys slaughter, but at times NY looked rather pedestrian against Dallas. Clearly when the Giants played the Skins for the first time EVERYTHING went well for them. You establish dominance that early, MOST teams would be overwhelmed. Eli is overated get over it. Tiki and the defense have had a remarkable season and should make your city proud. Cooley will likely make people forget about Shockey in the next couple of years (he's already peaked in his career). You guys have a smart diciplined coach and SHOULD bring everything to the table...that's why we're here right? As a long-time fan of the Skins you can't help but feel good about this game. I went to the Dallas dumping last Sunday and I haven't seen DC fired up like that in a long time. NY this is REAL...Bring It.

:helmet:

Good post Saw.

I will address a few things. Some of what you said I agree with. You have a lot of weapons on offense. that will definately be a concern.

One thing I think may mitigate that is our health along the DL. Salave'a and Griffin, our two starting DTs, are much healthier than they were the last time they played the Giants. I don't think Griffin played more than a few snaps in that game, and went inactive against the Eagles the next week. Since his return our defense has been much, much stronger up front. I think we'll do a better job of bottling up Tiki because we've got more strength inside. Also, Tiki does not run nearly as well on the road. He has yet to run for a TD on the road and averages a full ypc less.

Conversely, we are much stronger at home defensively. We've only allowed the opposing team to score more than 17 points once at FedEx Field all season long, and that was in overtime.

On offense, the Redskin rushing attack is much stronger than it was when we last played. Last time out, you could take away Moss and shut us down. That won't work this time around. Portis has rushed for 353 yards and 3 TDs over the past three weeks. He's become the workhorse on offense. This time around you'll have to pick your poison.

The last thing I guess is Gibbs. The man knows how to win in December. He's 34-10 lifetime in December, including 4-2 since returning to coaching. His teams are built to win in the cold, at the end of the season. This is the time of year when Gibbs' Redskins traditionally pick up steam. This year is a perfect example of that.

So I think we've got some things in our favor. I agree that we're not likely to see a blowoout this time. I think the Giants are a very good team, and we'll have to play a great game to beat them. But at home, late in the season, with a relatively healthy defensive line ... I think we have a decent shot.

How's that? :)

So how do some of you make the same statements you made last time? Seriously-I see all the same stories here:

Our defense will pound Eli into the dirt.

We will stop Tiki.

Stop Tiki and you stop the Giants.

Moss will bust one/two/three big plays.

Emotion is on our side.

The crowd/12th man will cause innumerable false starts.

Yada, yada, yada

Seriously-

We are fans. That's why. That's what fans do. Believe in their team. If someone has it in their mind that they'll lose this weekend then there's no need to even watch the game. Fans are allowed to believe that their team will win even if they lost 60-0 the first time.

The fact that the Giants won 36-0 the first time does not mean they'd do it 100 times. Just like Washington would not beat Dallas 35-7 100 times if they played. The simple fact is the Redskins weren't playing well that game and the Giants brewed up the perfect storm just like the Skins/Dallas game. I think if the top three teams in the division played each other 10 times each team would be .500... Do I think Washington will win? Yes. Blowout? No. This game will be played within a TD like a 21-17 or 23-17 game.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

Somebody expressed their feelings.

Without ripping you just because you're a Giant fan, I'm actually going to reply to the content of the post since it was asked in a very polite and objective matter.

First off, I don't think we'll crush anything, so this might not be the point of view you're looking for, but I have 3 reasons why I think we'll play much better than we did in Giants Stadium.

1) Joe Gibbs has proven over his career (including his second tenure with lesser teams) that he finishes strong.

2) The Redskins have been a very good home team and are coming off their most impressive home game of the season.

3) The Redskins seem to have gelled with one another. I think they are playing with a chip on their shoulder and with their backs against the wall.

So, as you can see, from an X's and O's standpoint, I really can't add much, but I do feel better going into this game than I did going into the first one. I don't know that we'll make up 36 points, but I think we'll give you guys a much better game!

Let's see where to begin....

This I do know..

The SKins are better than Dallas,Minnesota,and Atlanta for sure..

will it translate into a playoff birth..we'll see..

The Skins are 2 games behind the gnats and they beat Tampa, it's just not on the books..The Skins have also beaten Seattle and Chicago while sweeping Dallas and beating Philly with Mcnabb.

The Skins Conference record speaks for itself and right now the division record does also.

The gnats got an extra home game (although you probably would have beat the Saints at their house except fo one thing..You're away record is not good and was particularly not good early when that game would have been played). so enjoy the gift.

Eli is struggling but he has a 2 game lead so the pressure is off a little. But it's still a big game. Bigger for the Skins..

Hold on to that 36-0 Mara Wellington Memorial game because it is your only life line.

C-ya Saturday! and when you come in crying how you still are gonna win the division when you beat Oakland remember this.

It's quite possible the first playoff game will be against the SKins for a no question NFC East domination game..you should be concerned!

Did you or did you not state that the last game between the NY G-Strings and the Redskins was out of the norm...........? Let me answer that for you. Yes you did.

Therefore anything that did happen in that game means absolutely squat!

I can't remember, but I don't think we touched Bledsoe at all in the fist meeting with the Cowgirls and he was sacked 7 times on Sunday. What does this tell you... This tells you that the last game means squat, zilch, nothing, etc...

You said that the game was out of the norm. And usually we could expect a very close game. Then you go on about the last game and using that as reasons that we will have problems.

Get the point. You contradicted yourself.

I would go into it more, but I didn't even read your entire post. Once I got to that point I knew it was not worth my time.

He was talking about the score being out of the norm idiot. Not the gameplay. You can't talk intelligently with rabid redskin fans. They won't be honest about anything.

Hey, I give the guy credit for coming here and making a calm reasonable post. That in itself deserves some little recognition. Fans are fans, that what we are, what we do. We root for our team and expect them to win, is that so unexpected? Especially these days with salary cap and FA the fans end up being the keepers of the flame, the team memory and the only ones seriously agonizing over each and every game. The players are well paid, a lot of them friends, you see them chatting it up after the game no matter what the score is, somebody has to willingly choose to be infected, rabid, diehard down-in-the-dirt goddammit we ARE gonna win homers about it. That's us, or at least some of us 'cuz win or lose we are still gonna bleed Burgundy n Gold til the day we die.

Yes he played. He was one of the reasons the Skins lost. Shockey ran out of one of his arm tackles and scored a TD.

Thats hardley a reason that we lost. Its a reason we got scored on, thats all. Had he made the play, we still would have lost. Had anyone else been playing in his stead, we still would have lost. Be real. :doh:

Giants rush defense last 4 games

Net Yards Rushing 188 - KC

Net Yards Rushing 175 - Philly (whose wo starting OL and Westbrook)

Net Yards Rushing 81 - Pokes (have no run game)

Net Yards Rushing 127 - Seattle

Skins rush offense last 4 games

Net Yards Rushing 171 - Pokes

Net Yards Rushing 109 - Cards

Net Yards Rushing 257 - Rams

Net Yards Rushing 91 - Chargers

I will give you a response you probably want to hear Giants fan(s):

You should beat us......you out played us straight up last time.

You have a incredible RB that is difficult to stop and could arguably be in the top 3 RBs in the league (with SA and LT).

You've got a potent O and a solid O-line. Great WR corp. and a young but decent QB.

You lead the NFCE by 2 games and will make the playoffs.

BUT:

You are playing a team that is currently 5-2 at home (2 loses to AFC teams) while 3-4 on the road (where we got dismantled by your team-- where you are 8-1 this year at the Meadowlands and 2-3 on the road).

You guys had emotion last time.....we've got big emotion coming into this one, where if you lose-- NO BIG DEAL unless you blow one to the Raiders the week after, you'll still win the NFCE.

You argue that Home field doesn't man anything, just look at the Bears, Seahawks, Giants and Redskins home records and still try to argue the point (feel free to bring up this point IF we play the Giants in NJ in the playoffs ;) )

I think this will be a tight game that may come down to 1 big play or a FG, but who knows........NOBODY should expect to blow out anybody in this one.

And all the things I just said about your team......you can say about many teams in the NFC including the Seahawks and Cowboys who we both defeated at FedEx this year.

Without ripping you just because you're a Giant fan, I'm actually going to reply to the content of the post since it was asked in a very polite and objective matter.

First off, I don't think we'll crush anything, so this might not be the point of view you're looking for, but I have 3 reasons why I think we'll play much better than we did in Giants Stadium.

1) Joe Gibbs has proven over his career (including his second tenure with lesser teams) that he finishes strong.

2) The Redskins have been a very good home team and are coming off their most impressive home game of the season.

3) The Redskins seem to have gelled with one another. I think they are playing with a chip on their shoulder and with their backs against the wall.

So, as you can see, from an X's and O's standpoint, I really can't add much, but I do feel better going into this game than I did going into the first one. I don't know that we'll make up 36 points, but I think we'll give you guys a much better game!

Honest Post. Much Respect to you. I hope it is a good game.

Archived