Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy "santana moss has burned me 38450 time" williams made the pro bowl

Vman2k6

I hate to point this out but Sean does give up a lot of big plays on the ground. I love the guy but he really needs to take better angles and prevent so many big runs from happening. If he rounds out his game and becomes the brickwall that he should be, keeping runners from ever getting those big runs, he certainly would be making the Probowl.

Yeah, I agree that Sean was robbed for a second straight year. Taylor and Williams each had 2 INTs. Williams intercepted one for a TD. Taylor had 1 sack and Williams had 2.5 sacks. Taylor had more tackles, I think.

Roy clearly doesn't deserve to go to the Pro Bowl. Brian Dawkins had a far better year than he did. Roy has proven that he can't play either free safety or strong safety. He's nothing but an overgrown linebacker trying to play safety.

roy is not that good he is too slow i think he might actually make a good linebacker i just cant believe that sean taylor wouldnt make the pro bowl and that both he and marcus are only SECOND ALTERNATES thats rediculous the pro bowl is seriously messed up...larry fitzgerald and torry holt get in over anquan boldin??? and keith brooking over marcus washington i just dont get it no disrespect to warrick dunn and mack strong but you have to reward ppl like chris cooley and clinton portis they are having better years

I hate to point this out but Sean does give up a lot of big plays on the ground. I love the guy but he really needs to take better angles and prevent so many big runs from happening. If he rounds out his game and becomes the brickwall that he should be, keeping runners from ever getting those big runs, he certainly would be making the Probowl.

What football do you watch. A safety doesn't give up anything in the running game. The LBs D line and SS have first run responsibilities. If Sean Taylor looks like he is giving up a big run play, it is actually because he has come off his assignment and is trying to make up for someone elses mistake. Sean Taylor's biggest fault is that when he does this he sometimes takes bad angles. He more than makes up for it by shutting down the #1 pass option for every team we play.

We give up an average of 18 points a game. The only two games this season in which we have given up more than 20 were the Giants game and the Tampa game. It is no coincidence that ST did not play in that Tampa game. I would say he is not only our best player but he is our most valuable player.

What football do you watch. A safety doesn't give up anything in the running game. The LBs D line and SS have first run responsibilities. If Sean Taylor looks like he is giving up a big run play, it is actually because he has come off his assignment and is trying to make up for someone elses mistake.

At FS of course he plays pass first, run second but it's his job to prevent any runs that happen to get through the line/LBs from going the distance. He doesn't turn his back to the line at the snap, he's looking into the backfield, watching the QB/RB at the snap and playing off that meaning it's not difficult at all to follow the run and make a play if he has to. He simply has taken quite a few bad angles coming up, which you have agreed to, and didn't make the plays he should have.

You tell your coach that it isn't your job to stop runs that leak through while play FS and you'd never play another down, that comes with the job as a safety.

Archived