Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To win Saturday, The Redskins Will Have To Play At Higher Level Than Against Cowboys.

melonhead1959

We would have beaten any team, except the Colts, with the way we played against the Cowboys. I doubt we can possibly play at a much higher level, nor do I expect the team to.

If our defense puts in the same effort, and our front four can create the same amount of pressure, we will win this game.

I couldn't agree more. I think if we continue to play like we did against the boys' we could beat most anyone. Saying that we need to play even better than that is giving the Giants WAYYYY TOO much credit.

I'm just worried that we may not be able to put 2 games back to back like that.

Brunnell is going to have to pull the trigger. With Thomas out we are probably going to have to run that sweep play towards Dockery and Samuels. Umenyora plays the run pretty well. If we can't establish the run we can still win. The Giants field the worst cornerbackin the history of the NFL. His name is Curtis Deloatch. He couldn't cover Refrigerator Perry on a go route. Brunnell is going to have to have confidence in the route and reciever that De'roach is covering. We should be able to hit him up for two scores.

I think the Skins has to play at the same level they played the Cowboys. Giants are not all that either they are not the Colts just like the Cowpukes found out they are not the Colts . There isn't anyone in the NFC east scares me I think all the teams are pretty much on the same level with the exception of Philly they suck ..

The Giants want this game but the Redskins need it. I think the Giants are going to walk into a buzz saw. This Redskins team is focused and 90k are going to be thinking playoffs. The defense is going to be as healthy as its been all year with the exception of 'los. I think all the pressure is on NY. Our boys from the "U" are going to control this game I think. Portis, Moss, and Taylor will have big games.

Redskins- 24

Giants-10

Just my opinion. What do you think?:gaintsuck

I hope that is not the case because I don't believe they can. They hit on all cylinders and dominated the entire game.

If your point is that the Giants are a better team than Dallas and it will take more to beat them than it takes to beat the Cowboys then I agree.

If your point is that you don't think that if they play the same way they did on Sunday it will not be enough to beat the Giants then I have to disagree.

If the Giants play the way they did the first time we played them and the Skins play the way they did on Sunday I think we are looking at an overtime classic.

I doubt the Skins will be able to play with the same emotional intensity this week against the Giants. They played their best game of the year against the Cowboys and it is extremely unlikely that can manage to bring the same kind of performance two games in a row. They might not have a letdown, but don't hold your breathe expecting to see the same kind of performance as you saw against the Cowboys.

I doubt the Skins will be able to play with the same emotional intensity this week against the Giants. They played their best game of the year against the Cowboys and it is extremely unlikely that can manage to bring the same kind of performance two games in a row. They might not have a letdown, but don't hold your breathe expecting to see the same kind of performance as you saw against the Cowboys.

This is the most over rated statement of this year. Their gameplan was thought out to a Tee and perfected. It had nothing to do with using all of the emotions in their body. This is a statement for Dr. Phil... not a football site. Your play dictates your emotions, emotions dont dictate your play. I'm sure the Cowboys were fired up and determined to get a big road win and stay in the 6th wild card spot.

I doubt the Skins will be able to play with the same emotional intensity this week against the Giants.

With the playoffs on the line after losing to you all a couple months back? You think they won't be able to match the intensity with the crowd at FedEx Field behind them?

Keep wishing. Put your wishes in one hand, crap in the other and see which fills up first.

Disagree, if we play the way we played against the Cowboys, i think we will crush the Giants, I dont think we will play the way we played against the Cowboys, but i do think we will still win a close games. The reason i say if we played hte same way against Cowboys we would crush the Giants, is because i think the Cowboys are a better team, compare the Giants and Cowboys schedules, and notice that the Giants only have TWO more wins then them, thats pretty amazing.

We would have beaten any team, except the Colts, with the way we played against the Cowboys. I doubt we can possibly play at a much higher level, nor do I expect the team to.

If our defense puts in the same effort, and our front four can create the same amount of pressure, we will win this game.

Skins played an exceptional game but I disagree. I believe you played so well BECAUSE it was Dallas.. with Gibbs back... this was finally your emotional outlet game..

Disagree, if we play the way we played against the Cowboys, i think we will crush the Giants, I dont think we will play the way we played against the Cowboys, but i do think we will still win a close games. The reason i say if we played hte same way against Cowboys we would crush the Giants, is because i think the Cowboys are a better team, compare the Giants and Cowboys schedules, and notice that the Giants only have TWO more wins then them, thats pretty amazing.

The Cowpukes played the same schedule with the exception of two games. But your right the Cowboys and Skins are better than the Giants.

Giants 10-4

Redskins 8-6

Cowboys 8-6

Philly 6-8

Judging on the standings I'd put my money on the Skins finishing tied with the Eagles for last place.

This is the most over rated statement of this year. Their gameplan was thought out to a Tee and perfected. It had nothing to do with using all of the emotions in their body. This is a statement for Dr. Phil... not a football site. Your play dictates your emotions, emotions dont dictate your play. I'm sure the Cowboys were fired up and determined to get a big road win and stay in the 6th wild card spot.

So explain to me why you guys lost 36-0 to us earlier in the year? It had nothing to do with the emotions of Mara's loss? The Skins didn't just play emotionally flat? Football players are humans and emotion does affect their play. The Cowboys may have been fired up to win, but the Skins wanted it a lot more and so they played correspondingly and after the Cowboys fell behind they lost the will to come back and win.

If football was just about strategy and gameplan, good teams would never lose. But because good teams expect to beat bad teams and play lazy and don't get fired up for the game, they can be upset be a bad team that is playing tough and wants to win.

I'm certainly not saying that the Skins couldn't beat the Giants if they played the way they did against the Cowboys. I'm saying that the odds of them playing two almost perfect games in a row is very small. It just rarely happens. The Skins may still have the emotional edge and win due to homefield, but I think you may be very disappointed if you expect to see them play the same way they did against the Cowboys.

Just my opinion. What do you think?:gaintsuck

If we had played that tough and won by just a couple of points, I'd agree with you. But we won by 28 points after shutting down the offense early in the third quarter. If we had been playing the Giants, they would have been blown out, just not as badly as the Cowboys did. It would have been hard pressed for anyone to beat the Redskins last weekend. In the same sense, Giants would have beaten just about anyone the week they killed us 36-0. Near perfect games do happen. I don't expect either of these teams to play as well as they did in those games. I expect a tough hard fought game. Injuries will be a factor on both sides. Homefield may in fact decide the outcome.

Archived