Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A realization

G-Prime

With all the talk of play offs and the scenarios there in, I've kind of forgotten that fact that no matter what happens from here on out it is impossible for us to end this season with a losing record.

Joe Gibbs and company have improved at this point by 2 games, possibly 4 depending on what happens. I don't think the fact should be ignored that for as much flack as Joe Gibbs has caught that he has without a shadow of a doubt improved.

So no matter what happens, We didn't have a losing season =).

Yeah I've thought of that. We get our expectation so high sometimes its hard to except just improvement, or a step forward. But I'll tell you this, going into this season I thought it would be a miracle for us to get to 8-8. Of course after starting 3-0 it raises expectations. But thats ok, this team is headed in the right direction finally.

I hear ya Gothimus. When Gibbs came back I thought give him time and lets see where we are in year 3. We are already improved and next year will be even better. This years performance has been great and caused expections to rise. That's a good thing though. Here's to making the playoffs and getting the o' so important playoff experience for our team.

Let's go Skins!!!!

:gaintsuck

Yep. He's on track. I think it takes 3 years to build a contender and 5 + years to build a champion. There are exceptions but, again, those are exceptions. 6 wins in the first year is enough to show that he can win a particular game (w/o the game being a fluke). 8 wins is good for year 2 (although I'll take more). year 3 is when you start using the P word w/ 9+ wins. But more important than the numbers, its the way the guys play now...with heart.

With all the talk of play offs and the scenarios there in, I've kind of forgotten that fact that no matter what happens from here on out it is impossible for us to end this season with a losing record.

Joe Gibbs and company have improved at this point by 2 games, possibly 4 depending on what happens. I don't think the fact should be ignored that for as much flack as Joe Gibbs has caught that he has without a shadow of a doubt improved.

Agreed. I was just thinking that myself. Most people on this board said a 9-7 record would be a "success". Well, it's very likely that we'll get to at least 9-7. Also, Goth, isn't it time to update your "Ass Kicking" meter? I mean, we just blew out the 'pukes. COME ON!

Btw, where'd all those Cowgirl trolls we saw last week go? :laugh:

There's no way your math is correct - look at the standings again. Dr. Z promised the Skins would only win 4 games this year.

Agreed. I was just thinking that myself. Most people on this board said a 9-7 record would be a "success". Well, it's very likely that we'll get to at least 9-7. Also, Goth, isn't it time to update your "Ass Kicking" meter? I mean, we just blew out the 'pukes. COME ON!

Btw, where'd all those Cowgirl trolls we saw last week go? :laugh:

I addressed this a few times already ;p Last time I changed it was during that 3 game losing streak.. Now we've won 3 out of 4 I'm not touching anything! =)

Couple that with the fact that we beat Dallas not once but twice. One on in heart wrenching fashion with a last minute comeback and the other just giving them a thorough asswhuppin' at Fed Ex. This season, to me, has been a success already, the rest is just icing on the cake.

For the sake of comparison, our record (regular season and division) after 14 games since our last playoff appearance in 1999:

2005: 8-6 ... 3-1

2004: 5-9 ... 1-4

2003: 5-9 ... 1-4

2002: 5-9 ... 0-5

2001: 6-8 ... 3-4

2000: 7-7 ... 2-5

Playoffs would be amazing, but even failing that I'd say we've made quite a bit of progress this year.

For the sake of comparison, our record (regular season and division) after 14 games since our last playoff appearance in 1999:

2005: 8-6 ... 3-1

2004: 5-9 ... 1-4

2003: 5-9 ... 1-4

2002: 5-9 ... 0-5

2001: 6-8 ... 3-4

2000: 7-7 ... 2-5

Playoffs would be amazing, but even failing that I'd say we've made quite a bit of progress this year.

Yep and regardless of what's happened Gibbs can tell his guy "Look at how we improved, what we do works".. I only see us getting better and more methodical

Not to be a bummer but if we lose out ill totally be satisfied about how this seasoned turned out.

beatin dallas twice,beating eagles in our home,seattle in ot,santana,portis,the refs suckin,Antonio brown,cooley,taylor,la,washington,betts 94 yarder ,i could keep going but my point is this is the most exciting season that i could remember for the past 10 years.

Not to be a bummer but if we lose out ill totally be satisfied about how this seasoned turned out.

beatin dallas twice,beating eagles in our home,seattle in ot,santana,portis,the refs suckin,Antonio brown,cooley,taylor,la,washington,betts 94 yarder ,i could keep going but my point is this is the most exciting season that i could remember for the past 10 years.

Your not being a bummer, that was pretty much the entire point of my post. Doesn't matter what happens now.. We're not losers this season and we've improved. We have a lot to be happy about. Yeah I'll be disappointed if we don't get into the playoffs but I can't remember the last time I've been more enthusiastic about the future of this team

You are right. We are headed down the road to another Superbowl and what Gibbs has done in so little time is phenomenal. I predicted 8-8, or 9-7 at the beginning and after our 3-0 start I changed it to 11-5. If you look at how we lost some of our games (mostly in the last 5 minutes of the 4th) we should be atleast 11-3 but I am proud. I wish Joe could live forever and remain the Skins coach for an eternity.

And now we're gunning for the playoffs. ;)

Archived