Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Washington NFC Defensive player of the year

fatal

Why can't people love Marcus Washington, and love LaVar equally?

It isn't either or, is it?

I didn't get the memo...

:mad:

Exactly! We now have two outstanding OLB's, both of which are a danger of getting to our opponents QB at any given time. That my friends is a beautiful thing to have.

Argh.......... why people... why....... why are there so many dumbass people on this message board. To answer a few posts: If you all dont remember, Alstott LEAPED over the pile twice in that game. TWICE!!!!! What Arrington did is take away the leap. Hell, Alstott was stopped anyway ( no thanks to the refs). Secondly, how many players have been injured and came back to dominate like their old selves when given the chance? I believe Springs was injured prone prior to the skins. How about Noble or Salavea? .... they have all been injured. Ray Lewis had his best season a year after being injured for most of the previous one. Corry Dillon was injured and went to the Pats and dominated. Courtney Anderson and the ex-browns are doing pretty good arent they? How about Alstott.... still doing what he used to even after neck surgury. The list can go on. The point is, it seems Gregg Williams doesnt want Arrington to play by the way he has:

A) treated him

B) sat him out on 3rd downs

C) Give dubious injury reports

D) refrained from celebrating when arrington has done something good.. while if its anyone else..... he freaks out.

The list can go on..... this is a team. If You remember, Arrington had a different defensive coordinator every year! Yet he has stayed with the team while the likes of champ bailey, fred smoot, antonio pierce have all left. Yes Washinton is very very good...... but that doesnt merit a lavar bashing thread. Damn.......

Could not have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN. I wish everyone would quit talking about 56 and ship him outta here.

It's hard to take anyone serious who roots for one team mate and trashes another one. Especially since Lavar worked his butt off and did what he was told to do, to become a bigger part of this team..

Argh.......... why people... why....... why are there so many dumbass people on this message board. To answer a few posts: If you all dont remember' date=' Alstott LEAPED over the pile twice in that game. TWICE!!!!! What Arrington did is take away the leap. Hell, Alstott was stopped anyway ( no thanks to the refs). Secondly, how many players have been injured and came back to dominate like their old selves when given the chance? I believe Springs was injured prone prior to the skins. How about Noble or Salavea? .... they have all been injured. Ray Lewis had his best season a year after being injured for most of the previous one. Corry Dillon was injured and went to the Pats and dominated. Courtney Anderson and the ex-browns are doing pretty good arent they? How about Alstott.... still doing what he used to even after neck surgury. The list can go on. The point is, it seems Gregg Williams doesnt want Arrington to play by the way he has:

A) treated him

B) sat him out on 3rd downs

C) Give dubious injury reports

D) refrained from celebrating when arrington has done something good.. while if its anyone else..... he freaks out.

The list can go on..... this is a team. If You remember, Arrington had a different defensive coordinator every year! Yet he has stayed with the team while the likes of champ bailey, fred smoot, antonio pierce have all left. Yes Washinton is very very good...... but that doesnt merit a lavar bashing thread. Damn.......[/quote']

good post. im shocked that REDSKINS fans are diss'n LA, a guy is having 2 down years and some are at his neck! any loyal fan should stick by a player no matter how much money he's making. They guy has been the face of the skins just stick by him. he's a good player on and off the field. the man is apperantly down show some support dont kick while he's on the floor. some of u fans should be rootin for dallas with the other trash.

he'll eventualy be back to his dominatin self he's still young

Oh Yea #53 is the best LB of 2005

I don't think that Lavar is a cancer. He could have made his situation while he was sitting out a lot worse than what it was. Instead he was able to work his way back into the good graces of the coaches. I agree though that Marcus Washington is a highly underrated player and deserves more credit than he receives.

First Marcus is a better LB then Lavar, he's more consistant, injury free, when both are healthy Marcus gets more snaps, and MW has made bigger impact plays over the last two years. Also somewhere in Redskins Park the coaching staff feel are best chances of stopping the offense on third down are with MW on the field and LA off it, don't forget Clemons took his pass rushing duties, while MW has lost no snaps to anybody on the team.

Secondly please don't speak for all Redskins fans just because you and thousands of others have a love affair with LA, doesn't mean thousands other like myself share the same feeling.

I do agree that both are very good in their own right, I just prefer MW over LA, but to completely bash LA and call him a cancer is uncalled for, as a certain poster has done. I also agree that are chances of winning are better with LA on the field over Holdman. I just don't believe LA is an elite LB, anymore, and his high cap number doesn't equal his value on the field, with that said I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if LA were traded in the off season.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

^^^ good post and well said. I wouldn't lose sleep but I'd rather have LA here playing with MW...they only make each other better and offer different things..that being said, MW is the better overal LB imo

Lavar used to/can be be a good player.

However, with his injuries, misplaced rage, and salary scandal among other distractions, I have had scant few reasons to cheer for him as of late.

I remember when he accused the coaching staff of pushing him into games too fast before he was healed, then I hear rumours about him being displeased at not starting the cowboy game when its quite evident he has not been full strength all year.

What Marcus has done this year and last for us is awesome, and it is easy to try and make comparisons between the two.

If I had to choose between the two players I would have to select Marcus. He is gifted, dedicated, not prone to injury, coachable, and cost effective.

I feel comfortable that Marcus will be there every game, ready to play, and will play well. I have not felt that way about Lavar in quite a while.

The salary dedicated to Lavar makes me even more uncomfortable. There just may be a couple more cooley type players we could pick up using some of that money in the future.

Trying to trash Lavar is pretty weak. You can't make a truly fair comparison between the two. Marcus seriously stepped up the last two years while LA has been in and out (mostly out) of the lineup due to injury. Prior to that, LA was one of the most dominant OLBs in the game and very few people recognized MW at all. If we can keep em both healthy we'll know for sure whether or not LA is worth the trouble, but if he ever gets back to his old form he will be WELL worth the money we dole out to keep him.

Looking back... if I were going to purchase jerseys still... I'd get the following (2):

Chris Cooley

Marcus Washington

Those guys are going to be around for a long time.

Honestly, I have only seen two other people at fed ex with a Marcus Washington jersey other than myself.

I know he appreciates it, during the san diego game there was a guy sitting close to the skins bench. I saw Marcus go up to him and talk to him and start dancing and getting the crowd rowdy.

If it wasnt for santana blowing up early in the season, people would of bought Washington's jersey instead.

I started this thread, with a fake subject, for people to realize what a great player we have and for the rest of the NFL to understand we have a MVP caliber player.

What a laughing stock of a joke?! Griffen, Arrington, Springs, & Taylor are all better that Washington. The only people who would even suggest Marcus Washington is the NFC defensive player of the year are closet-case anti-Arrington faction. (who don't have the guts to admit it)

Are you kidding me dude? Arrington doesnt play first off. All the other guys you mentioned are damn good. But if you watch the skins D play and know something about football, you would realize that Marcus is the most consistent player and acomplishes his assignments better than anyone we have had in years.

And i am the one that suggested he should be and hopefully will be in the future the NFC defensive player of the year.

Are you kidding me dude? Arrington doesnt play first off. All the other guys you mentioned are damn good. But if you watch the skins D play and know something about football, you would realize that Marcus is the most consistent player and acomplishes his assignments better than anyone we have had in years.

And i am the one that suggested he should be and hopefully will be in the future the NFC defensive player of the year.

Really??...how about Derrick Brooks? Michael Strahan? Brian Dawkins? Brian Urlacher??

Consistant?? Marcus Washington has been here a year & half?? Marcus Washington is not even the best defensive player on his own team. This team lives&dies on Griffin & Spring. Sooooo it is about Arrington isn't it? (sorry Arrington has more probowls & is younger, Washington is not even the best linebacker on his own team). My original point stands...its laughable.

Hmm, i see now..

Anyone who doesnt agree with your opinion is a closet anti arrington fan.

Even though Lavar has relativly done nothing for this team this year and last, we must still ride his jock. I see clearly now the rain has gone.

Two things...

1 - I let you have your own opinions. Be a man, and respect mine, or dont talk to me.

2 - Its all about the now, not the past. When he gets his ass back on the field and starts to earn his money, then I will have his back again, but not until. I pay money to see these games, I have a right to demand something in return

Really??...how about Derrick Brooks? Michael Strahan? Brian Dawkins? Brian Urlacher??

Consistant?? Marcus Washington has been here a year & half?? Marcus Washington is not even the best defensive player on his own team. This team lives&dies on Griffin & Spring. Sooooo it is about Arrington isn't it? (sorry Arrington has more probowls & is younger, Washington is not even the best linebacker on his own team). My original point stands...its laughable.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. ESPCIEALLY when you bring up dawkins.

Marcus Washington is the best D player on this team. Wake up fool

What a laughing stock of a joke?! Griffen, Arrington, Springs, & Taylor are all better that Washington. The only people who would even suggest Marcus Washington is the NFC defensive player of the year are closet-case anti-Arrington faction. (who don't have the guts to admit it)

Gotta stop smokin crack with Michael Irvin

Lavar is good at marketing jerseys and making a lot of money. Marcus is a much better football player.

Archived