Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Washington NFC Defensive player of the year

fatal

Could not have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN. I wish everyone would quit talking about 56 and ship him outta here.

Marcus is a dominate linebacker but consider if Lavar were injury free for the past 2years. They both would be pro bowlers. Leave LA alone and stick to the topic

Marcus is a dominate linebacker but consider if Lavar were injury free for the past 2years. They both would be pro bowlers. Leave LA alone and stick to the topic

"consider if Lavar were injury free" wake up! hes never again going to be injury free :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

if it to death skins fans, maybe in a few years you'll start realizing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i'll explain why hes a cancer, because earlier this year we could not trade him because we would have taken a 17 million dollar cap hit, he has played in very few games this year, he was out for 12 last year. i dont care if he hes good with the fans.... hes holding this team back from making moves to bring personnel in.

That is not the definition of a team cancer, maybe you should learn it. A team cancer is a player who splits the locker room and allows dissension to create an atmosphere where winning is not the top priority. Lavar hasn't done that, so whether he makes a lot of money and continues to get injured or not, you are still wrong.

Furthermore, who says we were trying trade him? I'm getting tired of people passing off speculation as fact.

Could not have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN. I wish everyone would quit talking about 56 and ship him outta here.

Can we ship you out as a fan? WTF is everyones problem with Lavar. He bought into the system. This year has been LA's most consistant. He has played very well when healthy and given the chance. If he is not here next year then so be it. Until then he is still on the roster and deserves everyones support.

As for MW. Yes he is the best linebacker we have. He will never win NFC defensive player of the year though, you can put that in your book. Bias and lack of name recognition will take care of that.

That is not the definition of a team cancer, maybe you should learn it. A team cancer is a player who splits the locker room and allows dissension to create an atmosphere where winning is not the top priority. Lavar hasn't done that, so whether he makes a lot of money and continues to get injured or not, you are still wrong.

Furthermore, who says we were trying trade him? I'm getting tired of people passing off speculation as fact.

well im glad "Gamebreaker" was kind enough to let everyone know exactly what the definition of a team cancer is, i thought it could have been a number of things including financial issues, but i guess i was wrong and im glad you cleared that up for myself and everyone else on this board :laugh: , furthermore i never said we tried to trade him, questions had been asked of trading Lavar. it was said that it would not be likely because of the massive cap hit we would have taken.

That doesn't make him a cancer. Know what your talking about before you make yourself out to look like an idiot.

:gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

umm... i believe you are the one making yourself out to be an idiot with no opinion yet 50 years old spreading go skins/giants suck icons all over the botom of your post like a 12 year old. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well im glad "Gamebreaker" was kind enough to let everyone know exactly what the definition of a team cancer is, i thought it could have been a number of things including financial issues, but i guess i was wrong and im glad you cleared that up for myself and everyone else on this board :laugh: , furthermore i never said we tried to trade him, questions had been asked of trading Lavar. it was said that it would not be likely because of the massive cap hit we would have taken.

Why is my name in quotations? I'm sure it was a diss of some sort, but it went completely over my head. Much like anything football related goes over yours.

These are your exact words about Lavar being traded:

"because earlier this year we could not trade him because we would have taken a 17 million dollar cap hit"

Now how is that NOT suggesting the team wanted to trade him. I see you backpedaling, but apparently, you aren't getting anywhere. :laugh:

Marcus Washington, with his play over the last month, has finally elevated his play to an elite level and is now worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as LaVar Arrington.

I'm sure that everyone who wants to get rid of LaVar and is comfortable in calling him "overrated" has never been out to Redskins Park during training camp and seen the love affair between LaVar and Redskins fans.

I find this really sad. We have two elite linebackers and instead of cheering for them both we have to pick sides. :rolleyes:

Give me a break.

:gaintsuck

First Marcus is a better LB then Lavar, he's more consistant, injury free, when both are healthy Marcus gets more snaps, and MW has made bigger impact plays over the last two years. Also somewhere in Redskins Park the coaching staff feel are best chances of stopping the offense on third down are with MW on the field and LA off it, don't forget Clemons took his pass rushing duties, while MW has lost no snaps to anybody on the team.

Secondly please don't speak for all Redskins fans just because you and thousands of others have a love affair with LA, doesn't mean thousands other like myself share the same feeling.

I do agree that both are very good in their own right, I just prefer MW over LA, but to completely bash LA and call him a cancer is uncalled for, as a certain poster has done. I also agree that are chances of winning are better with LA on the field over Holdman. I just don't believe LA is an elite LB, anymore, and his high cap number doesn't equal his value on the field, with that said I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if LA were traded in the off season.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

i'll explain why hes a cancer, because earlier this year we could not trade him because we would have taken a 17 million dollar cap hit, he has played in very few games this year, he was out for 12 last year. i dont care if he hes good with the fans.... hes holding this team back from making moves to bring personnel in.
:doh: I just don't understand people like you. Did LaVar do something to you personally or your family? How can you say that he is a cancer when all he has done while he has been in the game is contribute? Why do you think G.Williams replaced Holdman with Arrington? Why do people like you want to get rid of probably our best chance at having two dominating LB's? Don't you realize how hard it is to come by a chance like this in the NFL?

Watch all the games if you are going to make comments like this man. Have you seen the crucial plays that LaVar has made since he has been back? Yet, according to you, we should get rid of him. :doh:

Even though i did not start this thread to talk about lavar, I will give my opinion on it.

Lavar plain and simple.. sucks.

ChrisClwhatever is right. He is a cancer. He takes up way too much cap space restricting other players coming in.

Remember back when we were 3-0 and lavar was on the bench...

Lavar started going to the press talking about his playing time and his role on the D. Greg Williams stuck to his instinct, the fact that lavar was not working hard in practice and did not do any offseason workouts. We lost the next two games in heartbreakers to Denver and K.C. The D lets lavar come in and play.

Look at this stat.

Without lavar in the line up Skins.. 6 wins 2 losses.

With lavar in the line up ....... 2 wins 4 losses.

We really dont need lavar people, hes good with the fans and thats the only reason why hes still here. Snyder made an investment with lavar, and its been a good one in terms of return. EVERYONE bought his jersey, thats about it.

4-2

Why is my name in quotations? I'm sure it was a diss of some sort, but it went completely over my head. Much like anything football related goes over yours.

These are your exact words about Lavar being traded:

"because earlier this year we could not trade him because we would have taken a 17 million dollar cap hit"

Now how is that NOT suggesting the team wanted to trade him. I see you backpedaling, but apparently, you aren't getting anywhere. :laugh:

"earlier this year we could not have traded him because we would have taken a 17 million dollar cap hit"

maybe it should have been worded this way

your clearly nitpicking and reaching to make comebacks. i know your in love with the guy but the fact remains, he costs a lot for someone who hasnt played 22 out of 30 games, and who knows how many more this year due to a thigh bruise.

i believe he could help this team if he were to play. but he isnt. i keep hearing the "ifs"

saying that he is hurting this team because of financial reasons does not mean im bashing him. saying that hes slow or a bad tackler or questioning his pride, thats bashing. i have done none of that, i think if he plays he can help us out. but he doesnt play and we are getting better.

my cancer comment may have been a little bit of a reach, but none the less thats my opinion. i feel a little more strongly on the matter and am a little less tolerant of the guy than a lot of other fans. i never really bought into lavar. he makes big play but they a re far and few inbetween, and now hes been out going on 2 years. would you consider him to be injury prone? i think everyone has overlooked the job that the guys we have in there right now have done and only focused on how spectacular we will be when Lavar gets back. but the reality of it is he may not be back for the rest of the year, and who cares were winning!

nobody i dont care who it is can ever convince me of the fact we didnt over pay Lavar.

until those "if he plays" "when hes healthy" comments turn into tackles i will continue to wish for him to be traded.

that is the last i am going to comment on Lavar because i feel as though you either like him or not and nothing is going to sway opinions, i like you have my own.

now getting back to the origional topic: Marcus Washington is the man! and is up there already with my favorite skins players of all time. i think the colts might be wishing the had him for a few more years.

fatal,

Are you suggesting Lavar, a weakside linebacker, is responsible for the team's losing streak although we had numerous injuries, dubious playcalling, and a QB in a slump throughout it all? I certainly hope not.

Don't make excuses for LA, if he's a game changing play making force then he's supposed to make plays that change the course of a game. How many sacks that resulted in forced fumbles did he have? How many INT's did he have? How many hard hits that resulted in forced fumbles did he have? I know he had 8 tackles for losses but a guy making that type of money made no plays in money time.

We did have problems on both sides of the ball, and EVERY player could have done more, but the fact is we lost all those games close, and LA did nothing to improve our chances of winning.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

fatal,

Are you suggesting Lavar, a weakside linebacker, is responsible for the team's losing streak although we had numerous injuries, dubious playcalling, and a QB in a slump throughout it all? I certainly hope not.

If lavar stayed home and played the LB postition like hes supposed too. We would of won the Tampa Bay game. He did the "lavar" leap instead, missing the play completly, alstot plowed in right where lavar was supposed to be pushing back the pile.

Thats one game, thats one game closer to the playoffs.

Even though i did not start this thread to talk about lavar, I will give my opinion on it.

Lavar plain and simple.. sucks.

ChrisClwhatever is right. He is a cancer. He takes up way too much cap space restricting other players coming in.

Remember back when we were 3-0 and lavar was on the bench...

Lavar started going to the press talking about his playing time and his role on the D. Greg Williams stuck to his instinct, the fact that lavar was not working hard in practice and did not do any offseason workouts. We lost the next two games in heartbreakers to Denver and K.C. The D lets lavar come in and play.

Look at this stat.

Without lavar in the line up Skins.. 6 wins 2 losses.

With lavar in the line up ....... 2 wins 4 losses.

We really dont need lavar people, hes good with the fans and thats the only reason why hes still here. Snyder made an investment with lavar, and its been a good one in terms of return. EVERYONE bought his jersey, thats about it.

4-2

OMG! LarVar has atoned for going to the press at the begining of the season. This is obvious, because he is now our weak side starting LB. PLEASE, PLEASE stop using words like cancer when you obviously don't even understand what the meaning of the word is. All LaVar has done since he has been back is make plays. G.Williams has time and time again expressed his satisfaction at LaVar's play.

If lavar stayed home and played the LB postition like hes supposed too. We would of won the Tampa Bay game. He did the "lavar" leap instead, missing the play completly, alstot plowed in right where lavar was supposed to be pushing back the pile.

Did LaVar cause the game to become that close?

Really it is best if you stop, your really going to pin the loss of a game on one player and one play. A play I might add, where he filled his assignment. He helped make the stop and there is physical evidence to prove it. I guess you didn't cheer for him against St. Louis when he made good plays. I guess you didn't cheer for him when he stuffed Lamont Jordan in the backfield. I guess you didn't cheer for him when he played his nuts off against SF. A SF team I might had that hung in with Jacksonville last week. They aren't as bad as we made them look. I guess you didn't cheer for him in past years when he played as hard as he knew how to play.

To add another point. The redskins gave Lavar the contract. He didn't steal it from them. If you are mad that he makes a lot of money then you should be mad at the front office. Stop hammering Lavar because it is the in thing to do.

I think Marcus Washington is a terrific player, one of the best free agent signings by the Redskins in a long, long time, and I love watching him play for our Skins.... but Brian Urlacher is the leader of and best player on the defense leading the NFL in yards allowed and points allowed, having perhaps his best season -- the guy is at least as beastly as our Marcus. I really don't see how MW wins NFC Defensive Player of the Year over Urlacher under these circumstances. Not being a hater, just opining on Washington's chances of winning the accolade in question. :)

Archived