Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

36-0

Supreme Wu

Did you read the title and get pissed?

Good, cause I'm noticing something on this board that seems like swagger, and it doesn't really suit us yet. Sunday was a great day, a perfect day, but it's tuesday now and I'm seeing 'Superbowl' tossed around a little too much for comfort. Heck 'playoffs' are being tossed around like they're a lock. I don't mean to rain on anybodies parade here but I hope everyone remembers that score, because it still turns my stomach into knots.

If 35-7 is a rout then 36-0 is domination. The Giants dominated the Redskins earlier in the year. I know we're not the players and it doesn't matter if the fans are 'focused' on a game or not, but I hope the board isn't some sort of reflection of the Redskins mentality themselves. I hope they show up for practice and that score is plastered all over the place, because they will need to show up for this game just like they did for Dallas. It's hard to get emotionally charged up two weeks in a row and that's a terrifying thought.

Dallas was cathartic but this week is the season. If they drop to the Giants again that's about it.. all the playoffs talk will end as fast as it started, the logjam is too tight to hope for everything to go just right and get in with 9-7. And besides, what would be the point in going to the playoffs if there's someone else in the division that's clearly better and proved it twice.

These last 3 weeks have been the perfect demonstration of the mantra 'If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself'. We all hoped for key wins to somehow move up in the rankings, for KC to do the Skins dirty work two weeks in a row and they failed - and so this Sunday the Skins stepped up. No one else stopped Dallas from being 1 game ahead until the Redskins walked into Fedex and did the job right. No ones kept the Giants from being 2 games ahead of them and this week the Skins will have to walk right back into Fedex and do it all again, pull the G-men down a notch and themselves up.

Let's hope Gibbs gets this point across with 3 days practice. Let's hope the 12th man shows up again for the biggest game of the year by far. Let's just hope the players somehow remember what 36-0 felt like, even while they're enjoying 35-7.

Good, cause I'm noticing something on this board that seems like swagger, and it doesn't really suit us yet. Sunday was a great day, a perfect day, but it's tuesday now and I'm seeing 'Superbowl' tossed around a little too much for comfort. Heck 'playoffs' are being tossed around like they're a lock. I don't mean to rain on anybodies parade here but I hope everyone remembers that score, because it still turns my stomach into knots.

If 35-7 is a rout then 36-0 is domination. The Giants dominated the Redskins earlier in the year. I know we're not the players and it doesn't matter if the fans are 'focused' on a game or not, but I hope the board isn't some sort of reflection of the Redskins mentality themselves. I hope they show up for practice and that score is plastered all over the place, because they will need to show up for this game just like they did for Dallas. It's hard to get emotionally charged up two weeks in a row and that's a terrifying thought.

Dallas was cathartic but this week is the season. If they drop to the Giants again that's about it.. all the playoffs talk will end as fast as it started, the logjam is too tight to hope for everything to go just right and get in with 9-7. And besides, what would be the point in going to the playoffs if there's someone else in the division that's clearly better and proved it twice.

These last 3 weeks have been the perfect demonstration of the mantra 'If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself'. We all hoped for key wins to somehow move up in the rankings, for KC to do the Skins dirty work two weeks in a row and they failed - and so this Sunday the Skins stepped up. No one else stopped Dallas from being 1 game ahead until the Redskins walked into Fedex and did the job right. No ones kept the Giants from being 2 games ahead of them and this week the Skins will have to walk right back into Fedex and do it all again, pull the G-men down a notch and themselves up.

Let's hope Gibbs gets this point across with 3 days practice. Let's hope the 12th man shows up again for the biggest game of the year by far. Let's just hope the players somehow remember what 36-0 felt like, even while they're enjoying 35-7.

Well first of all, it always tickles my pickle to see someone say the fans have too much swagger. THAT'S OUR JOB!! We just destroyed our arch-enemy; we can take pride in that. We aren't the team. Be proud of your team, man!!

Also, keep in mind -- it should have been 36-7, but Royal dropped an easy TD pass. Not that it would have made a difference, but 35-7 and 36-7 look a lot better on paper than 36-0. And also keep in mind that even though it was 36-0, they only scored one touchdown in the first half, and 4 field goals. That tells me our defense was playing them well. Our offense stunk it up, and kept giving them the ball....just like Dallas did for us. We are playing much more fundamentally sound football at the moment....and I think that will pay off greatly.

Also, why do people say its hard to get fired up two weeks in a row?? That is garbage -- it should be easy. They have the potential to clinch a playoff spot this week -- they should be as fired up as ever!!

Good post Wu.

...going into the Dallas game, most of us thought it was going to be close. The Giants are a better team than Dallas, so there's no reason to believe this game shouldn't be close too.

This game won't be easy, but we know we're good enough to win it. We just have to show up on Saturday and play 60 minutes of solid football.

Good post Wu.

...going into the Dallas game, most of us thought it was going to be close. The Giants are a better team than Dallas, so there's no reason to believe this game shouldn't be close too.

This game won't be easy, but we know we're good enough to win it. We just have to show up on Saturday and play 60 minutes of solid football.

Why does everyone keep saying the Gaints are better than Dallas? They beat them 16-13 and lost 10-17...two hard fought, tough games. Not surprisingly, they won at home and lost in New York.

lol i dont know how much better ny is over dallas. They only won one game againist them we won two. Yes NY did embarress our as@, but we are better at home and we will win it easily again. So to all NY fans you barely beat Dallas at home with a 17 point lead we killed them so be ready to change glove hands. For we will win in a route.

And also keep in mind that even though it was 36-0, they only scored one touchdown in the first half, and 4 field goals. That tells me our defense was playing them well.

Trust me it isn't just the Redskins that gives us trouble in the green zone,we lead the league in posession inside teh 20 and we have the least points too show for it,we always come away with three;Huffnagle does not use shockey or Plaxico's 6'5 frame...also when you watch the Game on Say realize how open tiki is on a swing pass an Eli will not check down too him.

Why does everyone keep saying the Gaints are better than Dallas? They beat them 16-13 and lost 10-17...two hard fought, tough games. Not surprisingly, they won at home and lost in New York.

So than based on this logic the Giants should have another cake wake against your skins.....I am not saying it will happen it is going to be a good game but it is a lng and hard fall from cloud 9......;)

lol i dont know how much better ny is over dallas. They only won one game againist them we won two. Yes NY did embarress our as@, but we are better at home and we will win it easily again. So to all NY fans you barely beat Dallas at home with a 17 point lead we killed them so be ready to change glove hands. For we will win in a route.

True: the Giants only beat Dallas 3 out of the last 4 times they played eachother. The giants lost because of an overtime field goal. My team man handled your team at our house. We split against your team last season.You won big at fed ex Lets just see what happens next. I hope it's an oldtime NFC dog fight. Giants win 28- 14.

I like this thread.

The real goal has not yet been reached. Fans will be apopleptic if the team can't win out to get in. Beating Dallas was great, and I have been reveling in it for 2 straight days... but now I'm dropping all of that starting tomorrow and looking to the gints...Why? Because I'm nuts. Hopefully my symbolic, probably meaningless, action will be of support to my team.

So than based on this logic the Giants should have another cake wake against your skins.....I am not saying it will happen it is going to be a good game but it is a lng and hard fall from cloud 9......;)

Based on that logic, the Skins lost in New York so now they'll win at home!! :silly:

This will be one hell of a game -- both teams have something to fight for - NY to clinch the East and the Skins to stay in the hunt. Both teams will bring everything. I just have to give the edge to my skins because I'm a homer and because of FedEx field. I don't know how many of you Giant fans watched the Skins Dallas game, but that crowd was LOUD. Nuts.

In closing, I'm glad I'll be in attendance, because I have a feeling this will be an ESPN instant classic kind of game...hard hitting, hard fought -- with the good guys winning in the final seconds!! :)

Um. I get the gist of the message, but I dont see why someone who roots for their team would not want to talk playoffs. Why not? what the **** is the point of the NFL? is it to talk about all the reasons why your team might not make it? **** that. I say were going to the playoffs. were gonna kick the giants ass at home....then we are going to philly to spank that ass. does that bother you? That a fan would actually have confidence in his team.............Ive been with the B&G my whole life, the last 11-12 years how many times in december have fans had to be optimistic? I have confidence the Redskins are going to the playoffs. If i'm wrong, then I'm wrong...But why no faith?

get ahead quick like against Dallas... take Tiki out of the picture and we can count on Eli's ability to throw us the ball.

Oh, we also need Greg to do the wristband thing again so we dont have anyone on the Giant's sidelines tuning in on what we might be calling.

At least this "Let's not look past (insert team name here)" thread is more creative and well-written than most.

Don't worry. Us fans will have our TV set up and our food ready, so we can give our best effort in watching the game. We won't look past the Giants and cook a half-assed barbeque or put out a mediocre party tray. It's a short week, but we will be prepared. Everything will be first rate for the game. You can count on us.

Based on that logic, the Skins lost in New York so now they'll win at home!! :silly:

This will be one hell of a game -- both teams have something to fight for - NY to clinch the East and the Skins to stay in the hunt. Both teams will bring everything. I just have to give the edge to my skins because I'm a homer and because of FedEx field. I don't know how many of you Giant fans watched the Skins Dallas game, but that crowd was LOUD. Nuts.

In closing, I'm glad I'll be in attendance, because I have a feeling this will be an ESPN instant classic kind of game...hard hitting, hard fought -- with the good guys winning in the final seconds!! :)

The first line was great:applause:...I agree it is going to be a great game I did catch the first half of teh Skins Cowboys game but after that I got bored.If you got a chance to watch the Seahwaks Giant game you would no how crazy it was there the Giants went offsied 11 times,and stilled played a much better game than the seahawks,sean alexander only had 86 yards in regulation and one stupid fourth down td.I can't wait till saturday to stop all of this stupid talk.

well, the Redskins could easily be 10-4 right now if not for a blown call at the goal line by the refs on a Tampa two point conversion at 36-35 and if not for a blocked field goal at Denver earlier in the year, so I am not going to cry any tears or making any excuses for the Giants not taking care of business against the Seahawks :)

On not getting fired up two weeks in a row......wonder how many people said the same thing about the Steelers last year after they undressed the undefeated Patriots. "Oh, surely they won't be able to do the same thing to Philly"......and sure enough they did. Granted, the '05 Redskins aren't the '04 Steelers, but then again, the '05 Cowboys and '05 Giants aren't the '04 Pats and '04 Eagles either.

Again, I do expect this one to be close, and I also hope that 36-0 signs are plastered about Redskins Park this week. But IF Gregg Williams can get to Eli early and IF this offense can take off,.......................

Wu? How true, there has been a lot of loose talk here and elsewhere. Our season right now is in front of us against NY at FedEx. I disagree that it's too difficult for the team to get fired up 2 in a row, last week should be a springboard for this game if anything. KC absolutely laid down for the Giants and there aren't anymore sickly owners for Tiki to hold a pillow over their face so where's the emotion coming from on their side? I've said it before and I'll say it again, any - and I mean ANY - player, coach, balboy or hotdog vendor that needs something to get fired up about this week should just call in sick. The torrent of dismissive BS from the media all season and attention elsewhere doesn't change the fact that this game matters, really matters. The team needs to assert themselves right from the first snap and slam Barber play after play. He's so much of their offensive production that we have to stop him and the rest will fall into place. Lil Eli is sub-par on the road and they know it. They're going to need to run Tiki all day and they know it, we know it, my dead grandmother knows it! This is the only game we can win this week, I'll worry about playoffs when the playoffs come but for the Skins for all intents and purposes they've already begun, we're in a one-n-done situation, we have to have this one........

well, the Redskins could easily be 10-4 right now if not for a blown call at the goal line by the refs on a Tampa two point conversion at 36-35 and if not for a blocked field goal at Denver earlier in the year, so I am not going to cry any tears or making any excuses for the Giants not taking care of business against the Seahawks :)

Why can we only look as close loses as wins but cant look at things the other way?

We lost a close game to Chicago, Dallas and Seattle, thats 3 wins that could of been easily loses...

So for every coulda won, we have a coulda loss...

we are what we are, 8 - 6

Archived