Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HELP PLEASE: Any information would be appreciated on this hit and run

GPREP HOG

After the game on Sunday against the Dallas my friend was the victim of a hit and run right outside of Fed-Ex field, either right before the game had finished or very close there after....

I myself had not sat next to him, so was not with him when it happened. I was to meet up with him after the game, yet was met by other friend who told me about the incident and that he had been taken away in an ambulance.

We have reported this to the PG County Police, however because the license plate which was taken down by a witness was not taken down correctly we have had no sucess in finding the culprits....Fed-ex personnel have taken statements but have not done anything about it....

All we do know is that he was hit by a BMW......we are not sure if it was unpurpose or by accident.

Please, if you have any knowledge of this incident could you please PM me. If you have any advice on any other action that can be taken in bringing these people to justice, it would be greatly appreciated. :mad:

Luckily he did not break any bones, but is an absolute mess......he is probably the biggest skins fan i know...

Thanks, GO SKINS!

After the game on Sunday against the Giants my friend was the victim of a hit and run right outside of Fed-Ex field, either right before the game had finished or very close there after....

I myself had not sat next to him, so was not with him when it happened. I was to meet up with him after the game, yet was met by other friend who told me about the incident and that he had been taken away in an ambulance.

We have reported this to the PG County Police, however because the license plate which was taken down by a witness was not taken down correctly we have had no sucess in finding the culprits....Fed-ex personnel have taken statements but have not done anything about it....

All we do know is that he was hit by a BMW......we are not sure if it was unpurpose or by accident.

Please, if you have any knowledge of this incident could you please PM me. If you have any advice on any other action that can be taken in bringing these people to justice, it would be greatly appreciated. :mad:

Luckily he did not break any bones, but is an absolute mess......he is probably the biggest skins fan i know...

Thanks, GO SKINS!

What makes me real sick, is that the PG County Police basically told him that because he had been "drinking" that he probably was "asking for it" and they are really not going to pursue it.....

it makes me sick to my stomache.......

The guy was on cloud nine after watching the game on Sunday.....and now feels betrayed that the police are really doing nothing, and so far Fed-Ex has been of no help......

the Giants played last Sat...'Skins played the Cowboys on Sunday.

was your friend hit at Fed-Ex or in NY?

I'm confused.

He made no reference to the Giants or Saturday. What are you on that makes you so confused about this? :doh:

Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he gets well soon.

Gprep - Sorry to hear about this. I cant believe that with all those people there was only one to witness it with an incorrect licsense plate number. I really hope your friend is ok, and heals quickly.

And I hope they catch the moron who did this....

thanks, i just feel terrible for the guy.......real good guy too, HUGE skins fan.....and on the biggest day for the skins in years.....

terrible terrible thing,

A young mother was killed a couple of years ago after a Monday night game at FedEx after she was hit by a car......a lot of alcohol is consumed and the parking lots seem to have their share of aggressive drivers after the games. Everyone please be careful and look out for your fellow fans....we need all of you out there screaming for the Skins for years to come! It does seem that unless something is totally egregious that the police on duty tend to look the other way. I don't imagine it would be good for business or traffic if they starting setting up sobriety checkpoints on Arena Drive so it's up to all of us to look out for our fellow fans...whether we are behind the wheel or a pedestrian. At one game I saw a vehicle barreling down Arena Dr in the dark and ignore a policeman's order to stop as the 2 guys in front of me started crossing the street. I saw that he wasn't going to stop and pulled the guys backwards by their shoulders. The guy finally came screeching to a halt right next to the cop and the cop didn't even approach the vehicle.

A young mother was killed a couple of years ago after a Monday night game at FedEx after she was hit by a car......a lot of alcohol is consumed and the parking lots seem to have their share of aggressive drivers after the games. Everyone please be careful and look out for your fellow fans....we need all of you out there screaming for the Skins for years to come! It does seem that unless something is totally egregious that the police on duty tend to look the other way. I don't imagine it would be good for business or traffic if they starting setting up sobriety checkpoints on Arena Drive so it's up to all of us to look out for our fellow fans...whether we are behind the wheel or a pedestrian. At one game I saw a vehicle barreling down Arena Dr in the dark and ignore a policeman's order to stop as the 2 guys in front of me started crossing the street. I saw that he wasn't going to stop and pulled the guys backwards by their shoulders. The guy finally came screeching to a halt right next to the cop and the cop didn't even approach the vehicle.

Well put my man.

I used to be a claims adjuster so I can give you some advice:

1) PG cops don't give a damn

2) Insurance varies by state and what coverage you have. Assuming your friend lives in MD, has insurance, and has PIP (personal injury protection, most people have it) then he should be fine. PIP will cover his medical expenses up to the policy limit (his health insurance would kick in after that as PIP is primary in MD). He can make an injury claim (pain and suffering, ect) against his own policy under Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury (UMBI) since the at-fault party is unknown. Tell him to contact his insurance company asap and/or an attorney if he wishes to pursue an UMBI claim.

Hope your friend is doing well.

I used to be a claims adjuster so I can give you some advice:

1) PG cops don't give a damn

2) Insurance varies by state and what coverage you have. Assuming your friend lives in MD, has insurance, and has PIP (personal injury protection, most people have it) then he should be fine. PIP will cover his medical expenses up to the policy limit (his health insurance would kick in after that as PIP is primary in MD). He can make an injury claim (pain and suffering, ect) against his own policy under Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury (UMBI) since the at-fault party is unknown. Tell him to contact his insurance company asap and/or an attorney if he wishes to pursue an UMBI claim.

Hope your friend is doing well.

thanks for your advice, I will pass it along, thanks to everyone else as well........

:gaintsuck

What makes me real sick, is that the PG County Police basically told him that because he had been "drinking" that he probably was "asking for it" and they are really not going to pursue it.....

it makes me sick to my stomache.......

The guy was on cloud nine after watching the game on Sunday.....and now feels betrayed that the police are really doing nothing, and so far Fed-Ex has been of no help......

Hope he gets well soon, but on a another note he is lucky if he pursues it they can probably get him for driving under thge influence if he was moving or had the keys in the ignition. That is why the police are not handling it they are actually doing the guy a favor. Yes they could get the other guy for hit and run but whenever there is alcohol in a case like this it is best not to pursue.

Same thing happened down here in newport news this guy got rear ended both parties were drinking the other party went to there hotel this guy got a lawyer and the cops charged him with dui even though at the time they said no charges would be filed.

Archived