Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Carolina ripple affect"

FunBunch7

This is a worse case scenario should we lose to the Giants...I hate to bring it up but I am a wreck and it is kind of theraputic.

Okay, we all know that the teams we are competing for for that last playoff spot is Dallas, Minnesota and Atlanta. IMO, alot has to with what happens in the Carolina/Dallas game.

First, If if lose and Dallas beats Carolina somehow, we are in deep caca. I do not see Dallas losing the sunday night game at home to St. Louis in the finale.

So we desperately need Carolina to beat them, which would keep them tied with us if we were to lose to the Giants.

Second, if Atlanta some how beats the Bucs, they will host the Panthers in the finale. By the panthers beating Dallas, they will be going for a 1st round bye in the event of a Bears loss. Right now the Panthers a slated behind the Giants due to conference record...but they both have 3 NFC losses so as soon as Carolina cathes up with NFC opponents, they will be tied.

This will make Carolina go all out in their game against the Falcons, which we MAY desperately need from them.

Now hopefully Baltimore beats the Vikings, but if the Bears lose by chance on sunday to the Packers right before the Vikes take the field against the Ravens...I could see the Vikings pulling it out. But then...the Vikings will host the Bears in the finale and the winner will win the Division. So, in that case, we will need the Bears to prevail with that awesome defense of theirs.

So, IF, we do happen to lose, the next most important game is the Panthers/Girls game...mainly because the Girls get the Rams the next week which would be quite easy for them. The Falcons and Vikings winning would be bad for us, but NOT AS BAD as the Cowboys winning.

Please don't consider this a negativity thread...I am very confident of us beating the Giants, but it is important for my peace of mind that I know the break down of every possible scenario.

HTTR!

Some people are pouring WAY too much energy into "if we lose" scenarios. **** a buncha whatifs, we have never gotten help in these kind of situations and probably never will. This whole thing is sooooo damn simple, we need to smoke the Gints on Xmas Eve, plain n simple. I've got nothing against the Panthers, etc, I pretty much gather up all my invective for Dallass so right now I'm tapped out, but the Skins showed everybody something on Sunday, and any player that isn't ramped and amped for this week shouldn't even suit up. I won't be too surprised to see the Gints dismiss the Dallass game as a fluke and come into FedEx expecting to roll. **** 'em, I'm looking for Sean Taylor to put a CLASSIC devastating hit on Barber in their first series, just to "set the tone". This is what we need, a looking forward hungrily to them at our house, not some mystical magical permutation of Pantehrs squared divided by the Vikings times the Falcons blah blah blah.....

Some people are pouring WAY too much energy into "if we lose" scenarios. **** a buncha whatifs, we have never gotten help in these kind of situations and probably never will. This whole thing is sooooo damn simple, we need to smoke the Gints on Xmas Eve, plain n simple. I've got nothing against the Panthers, etc, I pretty much gather up all my invective for Dallass so right now I'm tapped out, but the Skins showed everybody something on Sunday, and any player that isn't ramped and amped for this week shouldn't even suit up. I won't be too surprised to see the Gints dismiss the Dallass game as a fluke and come into FedEx expecting to roll. **** 'em, I'm looking for Sean Taylor to put a CLASSIC devastating hit on Barber in their first series, just to "set the tone". This is what we need, a looking forward hungrily to them at our house, not some mystical magical permutation of Pantehrs squared divided by the Vikings times the Falcons blah blah blah.....

Okay! Now that's a post! Rack em'!

I'm from Jerzy, and we have all heart here. Let me say this, Pound 4 Pound, we're the best team there is, Our Skins can beat anybody right now. Remember the Carolina Panthers crept into the Super Bowl with a record close to ours now, with solid defense, a good running game, and an explosive revceiver. We actually have an edge with a HOF coach and an experienced QB. I have nothing but the highest expectations of the 2005 Skins. Hmmmm, didn't Joe Gibbs appear in the Super Bowl in his 1st stint, 2nd season, and after puttin' up a bad 1st season? As a matter of fact, all our picked players of Gibbs are our stars now, S.Taylor, Clinton Portis, Chris Cooley, Mark Brunell, Santana Moss, etc. HAIL 2 DA SKINS!!!

I agree with an earlier poster...it might be easier on the nerves and the head to just assume that we WON'T get the help we need if we lose a game or two. Granted there are numerous combinations of wins/losses that could help us back into the playoffs if we lose one or two games to end the season. However, I would expect that the final wildcard team will be 10-6. Now, 4 teams have a shot to get there, but only one team is guaranteed the playoffs if they do...the Redskins.

Let's enjoy the next two games, hope we win them, and if we don't, see if everyone else dropped the ball to let us in the postseason...that's the route I'm going!

Great post......

I completely agree that if Dallas loses this weekend that is the key. Minnesota and Atlanta have very tough tasks in front of them.

Minny hasn't beaten anyone....other than the crazy returns game @ NY. For a dome team to win a night road game in Baltimore who is suprisingly 5-2 @ home and follow that with a win vs Chicago is unlikely.

Atlanta has the toughest road against two division teams that both have a better record than them and both need to win badly.

Dallas has a win in their finale. So it all comes down to the game @ Carolina. The Panthers have been inconsistent this year but some people still think they will be a Super Bowl contender and that last weekend's WSH/DAL game was more about them being toast than us being great.

Winning these last two games and having Norv grab a save my job win (like he did many a time in WSH) against the NYG would be amazing. I think we should realize that these next two games could just as easily be 0-2 as 2-0. These are tough division rivals. I know Philly is decimated but it is in their house.

So in conclusion maybe we can love te hideous color of teal for a few weeks.

Archived