Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CZ poster: "Honestly, Cowboyszone is no different than ES"

E-Dog Night

Interesting read, I guess:

Champsheart

Posts: 1,509 Honestly, Cowboyszone is no different than ES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First let me say I am not knocking anyones opinion. It is your American and God given right.

Secondly I love this board, I have been around here for a long time, and respect so many Memebers. This is like a home away from home for me.

Third, I know I am probably about to be slammed, go ahead that is fine. I dont care because I am just telling it like it is.

This board is no different than Extreme Skins.

Everyone always knocks them for jumping off the bridge, over-reacting, and just not being very knowledgable about Football.

When things go bad for the Skins there are always posts on here saying go listen to the things they are saying. We start laughing at them, and we comment on how silly they sound, and how they over react to everything. We talk about how they are jumping of the bridge.

Well, I see no different around here. it just cracks me up how we knock them, but are no different.

I will give you that there is much more blind homerism over there, but that is the only difference I see.

I am now going to go duck in a bunker.

To read more click here: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44340

i would say ES is better because we don't even block trolls, they have blocked everybody.

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

4. We are little girls

Interesting read, I guess:

Champsheart

Posts: 1,509 Honestly, Cowboyszone is no different than ES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First let me say I am not knocking anyones opinion. It is your American and God given right.

Secondly I love this board, I have been around here for a long time, and respect so many Memebers. This is like a home away from home for me.

Third, I know I am probably about to be slammed, go ahead that is fine. I dont care because I am just telling it like it is.

Everyone always knocks them for jumping off the bridge, over-reacting, and just not being very knowledgable about Football.

When things go bad for the Skins there are always posts on here saying go listen to the things they are saying. We start laughing at them, and we comment on how silly they sound, and how they over react to everything. We talk about how they are jumping of the bridge.

Well, I see no different around here. it just cracks me up how we knock them, but are no different.

I will give you that there is much more blind homerism over there, but that is the only difference I see.

To read more click here: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44340

Can you post responses? Admins seem to have a queue waiting, but are not acting on it...

One person pointed out this difference:

"CowboysZone may be mentioned a couple times a year on ES, while ES is mentioned a couple times a day here. Why?"

I think it's called penis envy. ;)

how do you even get to see the page?

you dont *gulp* have an account there do you?

how do you even get to see the page?

you dont *gulp* have an account there do you?

Yes I do. I signed up just before the MNF football game to get some opinions over there. It's pretty civilized for the most part. And I get to display my sig on a Dallas board, which gives me a juvenile sense of satisfaction.

That's a good board they have over there. I'm a registered member there and they are generally a pretty civil and knowledgeable bunch.

My one gripe with the place is that some of them spend far too much time trashing this board and posting links to our threads in order to bash us. I'd hate to see that practice started over here. Hint hint.

Can you post responses? Admins seem to have a queue waiting, but are not acting on it...

Champsheart

Posts: 1,510 Honestly, Cowboyszone is no different than ES

Today, 01:03 PM

Kilyin

To put this into perspective, when is the last time we got swept by the 'Skins? '95? Of course there's going to be some backlash.

Today, 01:03 PM

Yeagermeister

Say no to TO

It's different here because we allow other teams fans to voice their opinions without instantly banning them. Hell we even stickied their thread.

Today, 01:04 PM

silver

i never go to extreme skins so i wouldn't know. to me this is the typical overreaction every fan has. when we win everybody is reserving rooms in detroit. when we lose everybody is predicting gloom and doom. if anything we're predictable that's all.

"gotta hit somebody"

Today, 01:04 PM

Champsheart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeagermeister

It's different here because we allow other teams fans to voice their opinions without instantly banning them. Hell we even stickied their thread.

That I do agree with.

Today, 01:07 PM

Hiero

all internet message boards have some instances of this, but comparing this board to extremeskins is an insult.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champsheart

Today, 01:08 PM

Duane

Oh no! Mr. Bill!

Quote:

And thanks to the countless quality members such as yourself we can allow the flow of ideas and opinions without dragging the board into the gutter.

The Black Crowes

Today, 01:08 PM

DandyDon

Quote:

I agree with ya - but this board has only gotten like this the last couple of years -

Today, 01:09 PM

jcblanco22

Quote:

Champs, I think you nailed it for the most part. The part of your post I bolded is very true also, and it is an important and distinct difference between this board and ES. I am proud to see that most of my fellow members here come right out and say "we got our rear ends beat" without equivocation or excuses. That is much, much rarer to find over there, as there is always some renegade referee or other abnormality of nature out to get them.

Add jcblanco22 to Your Buddy List

Today, 01:10 PM

Champsheart

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandyDon

I agree with ya - but this board has only gotten like this the last couple of years -

True That

Today, 01:11 PM

lspain1

I think that the "less blind homerism" is a key difference. Perhaps you see it differently.

"BP has forsaken the Cowboys, he must be flogged" - WoodysGirl

ESPN Radio....."All TO, all the time!"

Today, 01:13 PM

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah

I'm thankful we don't all agree..........that would inhale profusely.

Cowboy Fan since 1960.......You young-uns stay outta my yard.

Today, 01:14 PM #13

gbrittain

The only real gripe I have about ES is that they never have lost a game, its just the refs screwed them over mentality that drives me nuts.

Also, they do have some of the biggest homers ever on that board and it is comical, but that is ok really.

Today, 01:15 PM #14

Kilyin

A message board is a message board and a football fan is a football fan. "It is what it is". This post actually comes off a little arrogant, like you place yourself on some sort of pedestal above the rest of the board.

Let me ask you this, when we got completely and utterly annihilated Sunday, what did you expect to see here? Honestly.

Today, 01:15 PM #15

jimmy40

Quote:

I would think the average age of forum members has a lot to do with how a forum looks and feels. Extreme seems to be a little younger aged forum to me.

BAZ

A lot of people saw it as a must win game against a team in our division that we were better then & We got totally slammed. We could win our last two games and still not make it the playoffs.

While I agree with the "if we lose any game the seasons over "& "if we win any game we are going to the big game" mentality is wrong at this point in the season it look's bleak. So I can't fault people for looking to next year.

Today, 01:19 PM

Ashwynn

its human nature. If you took everything on the net literally, you would go crazy in about 20-30 minutes.

Relax and let the pissed off pple blow off steam, thats part of the purpose of the boards.

You have the right to whine about the whiners, but that makes you a whiner too, the thing your complaining about. Go figure.

Stupid iggles:

Today, 01:24 PM

Champsheart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashwynn

its human nature. If you took everything on the net literally, you would go crazy in about 20-30 minutes.

Relax and let the pissed off pple blow off steam, thats part of the purpose of the boards.

You have the right to whine about the whiners, but that makes you a whiner too, the thing your complaining about. Go figure.

I am not whinning at all. And I am not complaing.

I am just making a point.

The leaders of this board are great, and it is run different. That I am thankfull for.

My point is the posts are no different than when we make fun of them.

It sounds no different. My point being when I see posts on here putting them down for the exact same things I am reading here, I find it humerous.

It is not a complaint, it is an observation.

Today, 01:30 PM

Champsheart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilyin

A message board is a message board and a football fan is a football fan. "It is what it is". This post actually comes off a little arrogant, like you place yourself on some sort of pedestal above the rest of the board.

Let me ask you this, when we got completely and utterly annihilated Sunday, what did you expect to see here? Honestly.

Pedestal? I am not sure where you are getting that from. I am not above anyone nor do I think I am. That is why I said everyone is welcome to their opinion. I believe that, and I do not knock people for their opinions.

Not the point of the post.

Today, 01:34 PM

CrazyCowboy

The Cowboys will fix the problems we have--and I hope it is sooner rather then later!

Mr. Jones and CrazyCowboy--Training Camp 2004

Today, 01:40 PM

DipChit

Well I've only been to ES maybe once or twice (from links provided here) because I have no desire to go there or to any other fan board.

But in general I would be surprised if it were all that different, other than maybe how it's run, simply because all we're talking about here is cross sections of particular teams fans.

Every team has optimistic fans, pessimistic fans, hardcore fans, bandwagon fans, animated fans, laid back fans, you name it.

But if someone wants to suggest that it's decidedly different over there.. so be it. I'll take your word for it.

Today, 01:50 PM

Hostile

Admin

Quote:

Let me just respond to you this way CH. Are you out of your freaking mind?

j/k

Fans are fans. The only difference between us and Skins fans are the colors we wear. Same with almost any fans.

You're going to find the following kinds of fans for any team. Some people fit more than one category.

1. The Eternal Optimists. They are convinced that if everyone just believes somehow the team will pull it off. They get very discouraged by those who have doubts and question their team loyalty.

2. The Eternal Pessimists. Every mistake is overblown. Mistakes made 15 years ago are evidence of destruction and ruin.

3. The Flip Floppers. They can change from week to week depending upon how the last week's games went. They'll swear to you they never change.

4. The Realists. They never see the glass as half full or half empty. They just want to debate you on your opinion whether it is half full or half empty.

5. The Arm Chair GMs. All the team needs to do to never lose again is put them in charge. They have all the solutions. There is no debate.

6. The Chest Thumpers. No matter the situation, they told you so.

7. The Band Wagon Fans. Usually people who follow a player moreso than the team. That player walks on water. It is everyone else's fault.

8. The Trolls. They really have no opinions. They post anything to get a reaction out of others.

9. The Opponents. Fans of other teams. Some are good and gracious and knowledgable. Some aren't worth the time it takes to ban them.

10. The Whiners. Find blame somewhere other than the truth. It's the refs, it's a conspiracy, it is ESPN.

I am quite sure there are other categories as well. The point is no passionate fans of any team are really that far removed from fans of another team. Ultimately we're all still fans.

Peace

Today, 01:56 PM

riggo

there a blind homers, nutballs, and ignorant fans on all team message boards. and we all think all others are these kinds of fans.

Today, 01:58 PM #24

Skins26

Quote:

I would absolutely love for you to cite just ONE example of when that has EVER happened on Extreme. Please, just give me one example.

I'd be waiting forever for that example, simply for the fact that it hasn't happened before.

Quote:

Champs, I think you nailed it for the most part. The part of your post I bolded is very true also, and it is an important and distinct difference between this board and ES. I am proud to see that most of my fellow members here come right out and say "we got our rear ends beat" without equivocation or excuses. That is much, much rarer to find over there, as there is always some renegade referee or other abnormality of nature out to get them.

lol, then you all obviously haven't been to our board after a loss.

There's well over 40,000 people there, so of course you may get a couple people starting threads about the refs, etc. But those are the exceptions not the rule (uh....except for the Bucs game, where it was confirmed the refs mistake directly affected the outcome of the game)

Weird fact:

CowboysZone may be mentioned a couple times a year on ES, while ES is mentioned a couple times a day here.

Why?

Today, 01:59 PM

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah

No truer words were ever spoken.......

Today, 02:00 PM

Champsheart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hostile

Let me just respond to you this way CH. Are you out of your freaking mind?

j/k

Yes, I think so.

Today, 02:00 PM

Wheat

Philosopher

Its football, and its all in the same country.

Its not like two fan sites for World Cup soccer or anything.

Every team has sites like this place and ES, every team has fan sites like Igglephans where its just out of control.

Today, 02:02 PM

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah

Quote:

Yes, I think so.

Naw.........Change your user name to "Braveheart"...

Today, 02:05 PM

Champsheart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbz40

Naw.........Change your user name to "Braveheart"...

No kidding, not my usual post my friend.

Today, 02:07 PM

Everlastingxxx

Champ i don’t see your point. We are Cowboy fans, they are Indian fans. One wears a hat and rides horses the other is an indian with red skin and shoots arrows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skins26

I would absolutely love for you to cite just ONE example of when that has EVER happened on Extreme. Please, just give me one example.

I'd be waiting forever for that example, simply for the fact that it hasn't happened before.

lol, then you all obviously haven't been to our board after a loss.

There's well over 40,000 people there, so of course you may get a couple people starting threads about the refs, etc. But those are the exceptions not the rule (uh....except for the Bucs game, where it was confirmed the refs mistake directly affected the outcome of the game)

Weird fact:

CowboysZone may be mentioned a couple times a year on ES, while ES is mentioned a couple times a day here.

Why?

Funny enough Skins, the second passage you quote in your post is mine, so I can respond to that in a second, but I also have something to add about the first part of what you said. I'll give you an example of unexplainable banning at ES: me!

I was kicked off of there on the Friday after Thanksgiving for reasons that are still unbeknownst to me. You might want to ask Mark Steven (Om), because the closest explanation I can put together has to do with a post where I mentioned to him that I felt he was wrong on something he said regarding the 1st Cowboys-Redskins game this season. Please go back and search it out, it would have to be from late November. I had the exact same username over there as I have over here. You'll see I said nothing remotely close to deserving any kind of 90 day vacation, but for some reason that's exactly what happened.

Second, I have read many of the posts and threads over there, and like I said, it's "most" of the posters there but not all. I do see quite a few, such as Lombardi's Kid Brother and a few others, that are quite realistic about the team and do not try to place the blame on external factors after every loss. However, there are more than just a "couple" of exceptions to the homer rule as you had intimated, and the worst offenders are sometimes the administrators or long time posters. I'll offer up Art and bubba947 as 2 prime examples of that.

Today, 02:09 PM

Hostile

Admin

Quote:

Yes, I think so.

Good, then it's all settled isn't it?

Peace

Today, 02:12 PM

Champsheart

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hostile

Good, then it's all settled isn't it?

AHHH, you slickster!

You mine as well of said Checkmate!

Today, 02:18 PM

Hostile

Admin

Quote:

AHHH, you slickster!

You mine as well of said Checkmate!

In the immortal words of Hannibal Smith..."I love it when a plan comes together."

Peace

Today, 02:41 PM

1fisher

Quote:

you are absolutely right Yeag..... I said gibbs would be 90 years old before he won another championship (I'm not talking about their superbowl over us this year either!) and I got banned!!

Let's go fishin'

Today, 02:55 PM

Mike 1967

Quote:

Then it would appear that you are only speaking to those people who actually knock extreme skins AND "jump of the bridge" when we lose.

I think this team is mediocre at best right now.....so I suppose that makes me a bridge jumper. But...I do not make fun of ES. I have made fun of Art in the past....but that is a whole other matter altogether.

It almost seems like you are taking the actions of a some (those who make fun of ES) and are trying to apply them to all

Jesus Christ is my Lord

Mike 1967

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Mike 1967

Find More Posts by Mike 1967

Add Mike 1967 to Your Buddy List

Today, 03:19 PM

AdamJT13

Cap Expert

I read a lot of message boards, of the Cowboys, of other teams and of the NFL in general. By and large, most boards are the same. Some have more intelligent fans on average, some have bigger homer fans on average, some have younger fans on average, etc. But they're all pretty similar. However, ExtremeSkins is BY FAR the worst in one aspect, and that's how it's moderated. I've never been banned there, but I've seen plenty of Cowboys fans complain about being banned for very minor reasons. The worst thing about ExtremeSkins, though, is how threads are managed. I've seen many threads either deleted or locked when a moderator simply disagrees with someone's opinion (even if it was voiced by a Redskins fan) or when a moderator is proven wrong about something. It's not a place where everyone's opinion is welcomed, nor is it a place where open debate is welcomed.

Today, 03:27 PM

Cowboy_love_4eve- r

The thing about it is, we're both right about our teams when we lose that is. We both have mediocre teams and will be going no where with these old QB's PERIOD! The deadskins will be bouced in the playoffs quicker than we would have been bounced.

Our teams have issues, and they need to be solved, starting with QB and OLINE.

Today, 03:30 PM

mickgreen58

ConcreteField or whatever is probably the worst board.

- Mike G.

Today, 04:02 PM

Champsheart

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickgreen58

ConcreteField or whatever is probably the worst board.

- Mike G.

What is that?

Today, 04:05 PM

iceberg

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandyDon

the bigger ANY board gets, the more you'll see of ANY particular section of posters that irk us all at one point or another. otherwise you'd have to create a "backroom" and invite only those you agree with and post in similiar styles, but what fun would that be???

iceberg

i feel my karma catching up with me

Today, 04:10 PM

iceberg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skins26

dude, get a freaking grip. art would ban his mother if she came in to be even remotely disagreeable to "his skin'ness". i myself have been banned when i replied to art with a "you've got to be kidding me" when he was just so off base it wasn't even funny. a few minutes later i got the "you're gone!" email and i was banned.

you wont have to wait long to get stories like this dude. there is no bigger arsewipe for a mod than art. at times i think it's danny snyders long lost lovechild due to his incredible lack of patience and ANY willingness to let "free thought" even remotely breathe.

then there was wacky ralphs kidnapper, but i kinda deserved to be banned for that one. : ) but i've still got the sucker in my trunk force feeding him taco bell and now his latest kick is monster beverages.

iceberg

i feel my karma catching up with me

Today, 04:11 PM

jimmy40

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceberg

the bigger ANY board gets, the more you'll see of ANY particular section of posters that irk us all at one point or another. otherwise you'd have to create a "backroom" and invite only those you agree with and post in similiar styles, but what fun would that be???

Lol. Would certainly get your post count up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceberg

yea, but a small group of people with similiar views? how long could that go on happily??? : )

Right up until someone unexpected is invited.

One person pointed out this difference:

"CowboysZone may be mentioned a couple times a year on ES, while ES is mentioned a couple times a day here. Why?"

I think it's called penis envy. ;)

:laugh:

They spend so much time bashing this place because they want be like ES. They mock what they fear and respect. Rather than admitting that, it's much easier for them to bash. I feel that much better each and every time I see this stuff. It's like the game King of the Mountain. I had an account there two years ago and only visited about three times. Honestly, I felt it was a total waste of my time.

Penis envy..... :laugh:

Second, I have read many of the posts and threads over there, and like I said, it's "most" of the posters there but not all. I do see quite a few, such as Lombardi's Kid Brother and a few others, that are quite realistic about the team and do not try to place the blame on external factors after every loss. However, there are more than just a "couple" of exceptions to the homer rule as you had intimated, and the worst offenders are sometimes the administrators or long time posters. I'll offer up Art and bubba947 as 2 prime examples of that.

I am famous in Poke ville :laugh:

So only posters who are negative, and trying to start crap are "realistic", but posters who are positive, and post the truth (and what they don't want to hear) about the cowboys are blind homers..... :notworthy :notworthy

Like when I posted 4 weeks backs about the Pokes would be very lucky to go 3-3 the final 6 games, more likely 2-6 only winning at either NY or the KC game, and the Rams.... totally unrealistic wasn't it :laugh:

I also like the guy who said he was banned for nothing... yet doesn't remember what he posted, but he sure remembered Om and his real name without much difficulty :rolleyes:...

They make fun of us for griping about officals, or sportswriters... yet they are complaining about another teams messageboard... geez how pathetic is that :doh:

oh well that little pissing contest was funny... but really who cares

I think that board has the small pocket of intelligent Cowboys fans in the world and SOME are on this board. I think that when people come to this board from other teams (just like when you go to other team's boards) they have 3 goals;

1. Material, things to discuss that are fresh for the board.

2. Trolling, the idiots who get like to get a rise outta people cause they are idiots.

3. Getting other team's fans opinions.

That is why I just stay here and discuss with my own kind and try not to venture into uncharted territory.

CZ is the best Cowboy site I have found. They have a knowledgeable core group of posters who welcomed me and they have shown respect to posters from other teams who visit there.

I have to agree with you,although there seems to be a few more loons lately who will soon jump off the bandwagon...I hope :D

Besides I got here from there... :cheers:

Archived