Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets go for the 2 seed!

whlinder

I am probably still high from the Dallas win but I figure we might as well be in it to win it. So I am rooting for:

us to win out (duh).

Giants to lose to Oakland.

Tampa, Chicago, Carolina all lose out.

We are 10-6, with tie breakers over all other 10-6 teams (Giants, Chicago, Carolina, Atlanta, possibly Dallas and Minnesota).

First round bye baby!

Odds of it happening, I figure we have a 75% chance of beating the Giants and a 60% chance of beating the Eagles.

Giants have a 40% chance of losing at Oakland.

Tampa has a 50% chance of losing vs. ATL and a 20% chance of losing to New Orleans.

Carolina has a 50% chance of losing vs. Dallas and a 50% chance of losing at ATL.

Chicago has a 40% chance of losing at Green Bay, and a 50% chance of losing at Minnesota.

Based on my odds of all those things happening, that is a .1% chance of happening. If each game is considered 50-50 chance of each team winning, having all those games go our way bumps it up to a .2% chance.

Even if we don't get the #2 seed, what might happen is we clinch a spot this week (win and Falcons, Cowboys and Vikings lose) then the Giants win next Saturday against the Raiders and win the NFC East.

If that happens, we can use the final game against the Eagles as a "bye week" because we won't be able to improve our playoff position.

I am probably still high from the Dallas win but I figure we might as well be in it to win it. So I am rooting for:

us to win out (duh).

Giants to lose to Oakland.

Tampa, Chicago, Carolina all lose out.

We are 10-6, with tie breakers over all other 10-6 teams (Giants, Chicago, Carolina, Atlanta, possibly Dallas and Minnesota).

First round bye baby!

Odds of it happening, I figure we have a 75% chance of beating the Giants and a 60% chance of beating the Eagles.

Giants have a 40% chance of losing at Oakland.

Tampa has a 50% chance of losing vs. ATL and a 20% chance of losing to New Orleans.

Carolina has a 50% chance of losing vs. Dallas and a 50% chance of losing at ATL.

Chicago has a 40% chance of losing at Green Bay, and a 50% chance of losing at Minnesota.

Based on my odds of all those things happening, that is a .1% chance of happening. If each game is considered 50-50 chance of each team winning, having all those games go our way bumps it up to a .2% chance.

The 2 seed would be nice but it's not going to happen. The first thing I want is to JUST GET IN. To do that we need Carolina to beat Dallas, Tampa to beat Atlanta and Baltimore to beat Minnesota. This will guarantee us a spot. Then we will still have a shot to win the division if the Giants lose to Oakland and we beat Philly.

You said that Carolina has a 50% chance to lose to Dallas? Carolina should beat the hell out of them! Tampa Bay has better than a 50% chance of beating Atlanta...they beat them in Atlanta already and the Falcons looked horribly on sunday night...granted, the Bucs looked bad vs. New England...but with this game in Tampa Bay, you have to like the Bucs here. After last nights game in which Baltimore looked great vs. Green bay...they have a great shot to end Missesota for us.

How about we win against the Giants and NOT worry about the other teams in the NFC?!? I hate to say it guys, but a 3 game winning streak is great, but not good enough. We need 4-5 games in a row now. Let's go for the win and not worry about what other people do.

How about we win against the Giants and NOT worry about the other teams in the NFC?!? I hate to say it guys, but a 3 game winning streak is great, but not good enough. We need 4-5 games in a row now. Let's go for the win and not worry about what other people do.

I would agree with you...if I were putting on pads and and a jersey and going and getting 'em.

But I'm not. I'm just a fan, so it doesn't matter what I worry about.

Hence, go Panthers, Buccaneers, and Ravens!

And of course...

:gaintsuck

I just threw some percentages out there, I have no idea who is going to win those games and so just gave us 50% odds on most of them. Obviously the odds of this scenario playing out are miniscule, but it is fun to think about. The only problem is that the results this week (Dallas, Atlanta winning, etc) would conflict with us clinching a wildcard berth. It is still our ideal scenario, but it is unlikely.

Our likely ideal scenario is knowing by kickoff against Philly whether we can get the division with a win, and if not whether we have clinched a wild card so we can rest our players.

Archived