Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas commentator on GW blitzing at the end of the game

PiLfan

Credit to goldenster who posted this link on the espn boards, but I didn't find it here anywhere.

http://www.amfmpodcast.com/PodCast/normwhypassinfinal2mins.mp3

Norm Hitzges of the Dallas radio station "The Ticket" totally slams Parcells for trying to put up useless points at the end of the game and using hurry up with his first team, and he defends GW for calling blitzes. It's a really fun listen...made my day anyway. :D Enjoy!

Norm is a riot. Several of the local shows have commented that Gibbs was trying to just run the time out and let them escape quickly, and since the the Cowboys went to 2 min. offense and called a time out at the very end of the game to try and score, Gibbs should have brought the house on every down.

I tuned in to listen to Norm yesterday and likely will again today. At the end of his show yesterday he apologized to the Stars and the Mavs because they were playing good and deserved some airtime from him but the Cowboys were so bad on Sunday that it was likely going to take him most of the week to work through everything he had to say about it.

He was hard hard on the Tuna yesterday. Everything from the Time Outs and Hurry Up offense at the end to the age of the players Bill has brought in. He said that so far, as best he can tell, Bill has taken a bad 4-12 or 5-11 team and turned it into a mediocre 8-8 or 9-7 team that is just good enough to get hopes up but not good enough to ever deliver.

If you are curious and want to listen live you can hear him on the net at 11AM Washington time. Just Google 1310 The Ticket and it should come right up. You don't even have to register to listen.

Quote:

"I have a question for Coach Parcells: Had Bledsoe been injured in the last two minutes, exactly what would your explanation had been today?

GIVE me that explanation!

WHAT WOULD BILL PARCELLS TELL US TODAY... WHAT IF HE HAD GOTTEN HURT today? WHAT IF HE HAD GOTTEN HURT? WHAT WOULD THE EXPLANATION HAVE BEEN, COACH PARCELLS? That YOU were mad? That YOU were embarrassed? That YOU wanted to, somehow, PUNISH your football team? There was no respect to be gained, there was no confidence to be gained, there was no edge to be gained ...exactly WHAT was that two minutes about???"

LMFAO, that was the funniest thing I've heard in weeks! Thanks man!

It was amazing to see Parcells leave his starters in that long for no purpose and to no end. I was embarrassed for them. The time out Dallas took was to avoid a 10-second run off for the penalty. Still, take the run off. END the game. They already had one guy hurt. Just get out of dodge and regroup. I was surprised Parcells played it that way.

It was amazing to see Parcells leave his starters in that long for no purpose and to no end. I was embarrassed for them. The time out Dallas took was to avoid a 10-second run off for the penalty. Still, take the run off. END the game. They already had one guy hurt. Just get out of dodge and regroup. I was surprised Parcells played it that way.

Yeah, really...WTF was Parcells thinking??? He must've taken one look at the scoreboard and his brain imploded...:laugh:

QUOTE: "HOW MANY TIMES DID WASHINGTON THROW THE FOOTBALL IN THE SECOND HALF??, ..... THREE, THREE, THREE.... AND HOW MANY DID THEY COMPLETE??.... TWO.... FOR HOW MANY YARDS????.... EIGHT... EIGHT.... EIGHT???" :laugh: :laugh: " or "WASHINGTON LINED UP AND KICKED THE COWBOYS BUTT YESTERDAY" ROTFLLMAO!!!!

I LOVE THIS GUY!! :cheers:

Archived