Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats that song that they play at fedex??

Sherlock Holmes

• 3 weeks later...

I think the reason that it was banned is because the artist Gary Glitter is a pervert who likes to diddle little girls. He is currently on trial in Vietnam for molesting a 10 and 12 year old. See this thread:

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=06f779ae-19c9-40f8-a032-59d2b232abf5&k=21250

Everytime this song is played in a 90,000 seat sport arena, this guy gets royalty payments to finance his "lifestyle".

I think the reason that it was banned is because the artist Gary Glitter is a pervert who likes to diddle little girls. He is currently on trial in Vietnam for molesting a 10 and 12 year old. See this thread:

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=06f779ae-19c9-40f8-a032-59d2b232abf5&k=21250

Everytime this song is played in a 90,000 seat sport arena, this guy gets royalty payments to finance his "lifestyle".

Oh, kind of like Michael Jackson, then...okay... :laugh:

it does sound pretty classless, but funny at the same time. I mean, other stadiums play songs just as bad, and I dont think saying "you suck" is too bad.

Now at JMU, they started doing that this season as well, only after the third 'you suck', we chant "JMU says suck these nuts"

Now that is definitely classless, im not gonna lie.

it does sound pretty classless, but funny at the same time. I mean, other stadiums play songs just as bad, and I dont think saying "you suck" is too bad.

Now at JMU, they started doing that this season as well, only after the third 'you suck', we chant "JMU says suck these nuts"

Now that is definitely classless, im not gonna lie.

JMU has been doing the "Hey, you sucks" and the "JMU says suck these nuts" thing since I was a freshman there in Fall of 97, at least.

Nothing excudes class like having your fans yell "You Suck" -- I'm sure Gibbs is proud.

Yeah, I used to be proud that our fans didn't yell the "you suck" part of it, like they did at other stadiums. I know, for example, in St. Louis, they've been doing it (IMO louder than at FedEX, even during the Giants game, when it seemed to be the loudest) at least since 2002 when I was there for the Mon night game against the Bears. I thought it was so nice and classy that we sang, "Hail to the Redskins," instead when the Skins scored and no one really go that into the other song. Oh well.

I can identify with Gibbs being classy and in a perfect world sure the fans should be too, however....

This isn't varsity field hockey, the fact is the 12 man won games this year. Would we rather be 'classy' and lose these big division games instead of getting into their heads and sreaming the obvious 'You suck'. Every other stadium does it....and I bet our Skins players ate it up.

I can identify with Gibbs being classy and in a perfect world sure the fans should be too, however....

This isn't varsity field hockey, the fact is the 12 man won games this year. Would we rather be 'classy' and lose these big division games instead of getting into their heads and sreaming the obvious 'You suck'. Every other stadium does it....and I bet our Skins players ate it up.

agreed. and besides, is saying "you suck" really that offensive? especially when it's true. the cowboys really do suck.

actually, because the entire song is not played he does not get a royalty off of that sort of like when a talk show has a clip of a movie. He gets royalties off of every movie and tv show that uses it, every album that it appears on that's sold inclusive of the copy owned by fedex field, etc.. . It helps him sell records for the song to be played. So no he does not get money off of the "you suck" song ebing played at fedex, but he does make money as a result of it being played. And yes, he is a total pervert loser who should fry in hell.

Archived