Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RedskinsDirect

carter23

anyone try downloading the new option over at redskins.com? i've tried downloading it but i keep getting errors

if you dont know what it is, its

A small desktop application that runs in the background of your computer, RedskinsDirect will keep you in touch with the latest breaking news directly from the Redskins!

* Customize your RedskinsDirect and receive alerts for: Breaking News, Press Conferences and Injury Reports

* RedskinsDirect is easy to install and takes up almost no space.

* RedskinsDirect puts a super-cool Redskins icon in your system tray!

Ugh, maybe I'm just a bit paranoid, but I'd be weary of installing an executable like that one without knowing exactly what it does. We all know Snyder's background as marketroid and I wouldn't be surprised if that program came with an extra helping of spyware.

Why don't the Redskins simply use RSS feeds for something like that. Mozilla/Firefox supports it and Microsoft is soon going to support it with their new browser version 7.x.

Ugh, maybe I'm just a bit paranoid, but I'd be weary of installing an executable like that one without knowing exactly what it does. We all know Snyder's background as marketroid and I wouldn't be surprised if that program came with an extra helping of spyware.

Why don't the Redskins simply use RSS feeds for something like that. Mozilla/Firefox supports it and Microsoft is soon going to support it with their new browser version 7.x.

RSS feeds would be my choice as well. Simple, standard, easy, done. I'd like to use it for this site even to filter out actual news or big threads.

You have company laurent. I already enjoy seeking the Redskin news there and on this site. I already have Redskin stickers/stuff on every computer I access. I already support the marketing efforts of the Redskins with a fair chunk of change on a regualr basis, but I prefer programs like that taking up no space at all.

Archived