Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

observation about d-line and pass rush

willmb5

I watched monday night live on comcast tonight. as usual, jansen and springs were on, along with phillip daniels and renaldo wynn. when asked about why the pass rush was so much better the other day, daniels remarked that teams pretty much all year have been max-protecting against the skins, and the cowboys didn't do it for a lot of the game. all year redskins fans, including me, have criticized to death the lack of pass rush, but i never even considered that teams might have been max protecting (shame on me), making it pretty tough to get a good, quick pass rush. with all this said, im starting to think our defensive line is A LOT BETTER than i thought about 5 weeks ago. with full health, this unit should be very tought the next 2 weeks and into the playoffs (fingers crossed), and this makes me feel a lot better about our defense. im praying for a huge day from the d-line next week to knock the crap out of eli manning.

The Giants will max protect and rely on Barber to win the football game. That's probably a good bet for them, because Barber is the type of back that CAN win you a game from that position.

In order to win we'll have to slow Tiki and weather ANY attempts to get a long passing game going. Their intermediate stuff shouldn't beat us up, nor should the majority of their passing game, but they have big play potential off of playaction or to the flats to Barber.

I can't wait, I think we can do it. :)

definitely. stopping tiki is key. im absolutely sure that are defense is going to watch film of the tiki's slaughter of our D earlier this year, and it will piss them off. our defense will be just as fired up for this one as they were for dallas, and i see us containing tiki. i just hope we dont give up that one big play that our defense has a tendency to give up. also. eli manning, meet fed ex field in december.:laugh: good luck to you my friend

One thing that people have to understand is how hard it is for an offensive line to pass block when they can't hear the snap count. We've had similar problems against the Chiefs but had better overall talent level so that we didn't get exposed quite as bad as the Cowboys.

Also, it looks to me like the Cowboys line didn't really become unglued until the second half when the game was already out of reach. With the running game no longer a threat our DEs were able to take those wide rushing lanes that you usually don't see them playing in very much.

I watched monday night live on comcast tonight. as usual, jansen and springs were on, along with phillip daniels and renaldo wynn. when asked about why the pass rush was so much better the other day, daniels remarked that teams pretty much all year have been max-protecting against the skins, and the cowboys didn't do it for a lot of the game. all year redskins fans, including me, have criticized to death the lack of pass rush, but i never even considered that teams might have been max protecting (shame on me), making it pretty tough to get a good, quick pass rush. with all this said, im starting to think our defensive line is A LOT BETTER than i thought about 5 weeks ago. with full health, this unit should be very tought the next 2 weeks and into the playoffs (fingers crossed), and this makes me feel a lot better about our defense. im praying for a huge day from the d-line next week to knock the crap out of eli manning.

You never considered it because you refused to listen to the people here telling you this all year, the players and coaches who have repeated it here in direct fan chats and the like. Only Philly before this game didn't go max protect on us. Our reputation on defense scares teams into changing how they play against us routinely. The Cowboys wanted to be aggressive and it killed them. It'll kill most teams that try that.

Archived