Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats On A Nice Win

GoGiantsBeatSkins

Skins fans should be thrilled with their three game streak as I know Giants fans are with their three game winning streak.

Hard to believe that these two teams managed to get a meaningful game in December set up...so, here goes.

I hope and think that the Giants will win, but the truth of the matter is that this game is a tough one for both teams...Thomas is a key injury for the Skins, Pierce, Emmons and the OT's for the Giants are as well.

The one difference between these two teams in my opinion is Tiki...he leads the NFL in yards per scrimmage by over 200 yards and is poised to become one of a handful of guys that will accomplish that feat two years in a row. He is very, very difficult to stop and I don't think he will be.

On the other hand, Portis could really hurt the Giants D, but without Thomas pulling out there in front of him, I think he will be forced to run inside quite a bit more than he would have otherwise. I think the Giants match up well here with solid DT's and Greisen is a solid inside run-stuffer, if not A.P.

I'll call it 27-17 Giants.

Either way, good luck and maybe they can do it a third time in the playoffs...hopefully in the Meadowlands.

Aside from the score, I think your analysis is accurate. Tiki is an excellent, ellusive back who seems to fall through the cracks of popular acclaim and offensive tackles. The guy just makes people miss, but not in the L.T. (jr.)/Barry Sanders way...he just has a quick hip move and the guys can't bring him down. He should be in the running for MVP this year....

However, you guys have some big injuries on your offensive line. That didn't seem to matter that much against the Chiefs, who do have a decent defensive line (which we painfully learned against them earlier this season), but I trust Gregg Williams to attack far more than we did in the Meadowlands. Further, the bad tackling and overpursuit (exemplified by Nic Clemons and Lavar) in the 36-0 shellacking, has been greatly curtailed and addressed. Another underperformer from the G-men game, Walt Harris, stepped up big against Dallas, and his play will be very important against the G-men.

All of this coupled with the fact that Eli just hasn't been playing that well down the stretch...and I see a close game. I doubt the 'Skins are going to come out like they did against the Cowboys, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us show up solid and angry.

You don't forget about a 36-0 loss. Even though the Cowboys-'Skins rivalry is big, being embarrased like that will leave a very sour taste in your mouth, maybe as bad as if we'd lost one of the games to the Cowboys.

Skins fans should be thrilled with their three game streak as I know Giants fans are with their three game winning streak.

Hard to believe that these two teams managed to get a meaningful game in December set up...so, here goes.

I hope and think that the Giants will win, but the truth of the matter is that this game is a tough one for both teams...Thomas is a key injury for the Skins, Pierce, Emmons and the OT's for the Giants are as well.

The one difference between these two teams in my opinion is Tiki...he leads the NFL in yards per scrimmage by over 200 yards and is poised to become one of a handful of guys that will accomplish that feat two years in a row. He is very, very difficult to stop and I don't think he will be.

On the other hand, Portis could really hurt the Giants D, but without Thomas pulling out there in front of him, I think he will be forced to run inside quite a bit more than he would have otherwise. I think the Giants match up well here with solid DT's and Greisen is a solid inside run-stuffer, if not A.P.

I'll call it 27-17 Giants.

Either way, good luck and maybe they can do it a third time in the playoffs...hopefully in the Meadowlands.

Hey, what's the deal with your boy AP? I've heard everything from he's playing this week, to he might be out for the year.

As for the game, I think the skins will have to key on Tiki and force Manning to beat them with his arm. Hopefully our offense can keep clicking like we did yesterday and we can pull away in the end.

Luke Pettigout will be back, and McKenzie will be a game time decision. The offensive line will be fine, the Chiefs used to be a very good run defense until Saturday. In fact, Tiki was the first RB to go over 100 yards agianst them in 22 games.

He actually double that number. You guys seem to forget he put 206 yards on you last time. Simply making adjustments is going to stop that? Didn't the Redskins make adjustments at halftime last game?

Sorry guys, i think you are thinking with your heart and not your head.

3 fumbles in the last 2 years? I'll take that anyday of the week. Again, wishful thinking......

:laugh:

Nice selective stats--more of the same from the man from the Last Frontier:

Year Team G Fum Lost Fum Forced Own Rec Opp Rec Yards Tot Rec TD

1997 New York Giants 12 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

1998 New York Giants 16 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1999 New York Giants 16 5 0 0 5 0 0 5 0

2000 New York Giants 16 9 3 0 5 0 0 5 0

2001 New York Giants 14 8 2 0 6 0 2 6 0

2002 New York Giants 16 9 6 0 1 0 0 1 0

2003 New York Giants 16 9 6 0 4 0 0 4 0

2004 New York Giants 16 5 2 0 2 0 0 2 0

2005 New York Giants 14 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0

I should note that Tiki changed the way he holds the ball after the 2003 season, so the lower fumble numbers are due is no small part to that.

But I love your selective stats.

Source: NFL.com

A better question is why does Tiki score so few TD's period?

Sure, he has 10 this year, but considering that he has 2,000 total yards, that is a bit low.

There are two reasons why Tiki isn't a big scorer.

1. He is not a power runner. Thus, many of the Giants short yard carries over the years, including this year, are given to other guys. Dayne and Jacobs bascially.

2. He is not a breakaway runner. While Tiki always has a high number of carries over 20 yards...or longer...he is often caught from behind because he does not have great downfield speed.

All that being said, Barber has created more field position than any RB in the league over the past two years. He is on a particularly hellacious run right now. The backup OT's did very well this week and that is a demonstration of the depth that the Giants have this year that they have not had for the past several years...Diehl moving to tackle, Whitfield taking over for Petitigout and Seubert jumping in for the first time in two years at guard. They did very well.

But that's another thing about Tiki...if you watch Larry Johnson run behind those monsters at KC, he goes for 20 yards without being touched. In Tiki's case, all he really needs is some flow, and some unimpeded access to the line ofof scrimmage...after that he relies on cutting back, the resulting chaos, and a burst of speed.

He is a very unusual RB. I cannot think of anybody to compare him to in historical terms...no great size, speed, or strength...just a bit of quickness, a difficult to define elusiveness, and a whole lot of smarts. I guess that's good enough for 8,500 yards rushing and 4,500 yards receiving.

No doubt, Tiki used to be a fumbler. However, that is no longer true. In over 350 touches this year he has fumbled a single time.

It really is nothing more complicated than a Coughlin-implemented change in how the guy holds the ball. Instead of tucking it into the crook of his smallish arm, he now holds the ball vertically up against his body.

The results since then are obvious. He now fumbles far less than average.

Lol, in his first full year as a starter, and leads the NFC in Yards and is Tied for the lead in TD's. Yeah, i dont know why everyone is talking about him?:laugh: :laugh:

Yards? Who cares, Kerry Collins is usually way up there on the yards list. Eli Manning by himself kept the Eagles in the game 2 weeks ago.

He is an interception throwing machine, nobody is affraid of Eli Manning.

His road record speaks volumes, we are not the 49ers and we are not the Eagles missing nearly every single skilled position player that was on our roster.

It's going to be a painful day for the brat.

Lol, in his first full year as a starter, and leads the NFC in Yards and is Tied for the lead in TD's. Yeah, i dont know why everyone is talking about him?:laugh: :laugh:

hes great for a virtual rookie. his passer rating is not good though. he's makes a lot of mistakes, in other words. these guys are all in front of him in that category.

1 Peyton Manning

2 Carson Palmer

3 Ben Roethlisberger

4 Matt Hasselbeck

5 Marc Bulger STL

6 Tom Brady NE

7 Drew Brees SD

8 Jake Plummer 3

9 Byron Leftwich

10 Trent Green

11 Mark Brunell

12 Jake Delhomme

13 Drew Bledsoe

14 Kurt Warner

15 Steve McNair

16 Donovan McNabb

17 Brad Johnson

18 Chris Simms

19 Kerry Collins

20 Trent Dilfer

21 David Carr

hes great for a virtual rookie. his passer rating is not good though. he's makes a lot of mistakes, in other words. these guys are all in front of him in that category.

1 Peyton Manning

2 Carson Palmer

3 Ben Roethlisberger

4 Matt Hasselbeck

5 Marc Bulger STL

6 Tom Brady NE

7 Drew Brees SD

8 Jake Plummer 3

9 Byron Leftwich

10 Trent Green

11 Mark Brunell

12 Jake Delhomme

13 Drew Bledsoe

14 Kurt Warner

15 Steve McNair

16 Donovan McNabb

17 Brad Johnson

18 Chris Simms

19 Kerry Collins

20 Trent Dilfer

21 David Carr

Now Grego, besides the obvious picks like Peyton, Palmer, Brady etc...who would you rather have, Brunell or Eli? McNair or Eli? Brees or Eli? Delhomme or Eli etc, etc...

First full year boys, it's only going to get better. Besides, Tiki is who you should concern yourselves with.

1 Peyton Manning

2 Carson Palmer

3 Ben Roethlisberger

4 Matt Hasselbeck

5 Marc Bulger STL

6 Tom Brady NE

7 Drew Brees SD

8 Jake Plummer 3

9 Byron Leftwich

10 Trent Green

11 Mark Brunell

12 Jake Delhomme

13 Drew Bledsoe

14 Kurt Warner

15 Steve McNair

16 Donovan McNabb

17 Brad Johnson

18 Chris Simms

19 Kerry Collins

20 Trent Dilfer

21 David Carr

Eli Manning might become a good to great NFL QB but right now in a one game situation not considering the future I'd take all those QB's before him, except for Simms, Dilfer, and Carr.

Now Grego, besides the obvious picks like Peyton, Palmer, Brady etc...who would you rather have, Brunell or Eli? McNair or Eli? Brees or Eli? Delhomme or Eli etc, etc...

First full year boys, it's only going to get better. Besides, Tiki is who you should concern yourselves with.

Oh don't worry we aren't concerned with Manning, we all know he'll throw the ball to us atleast 2 times, probably 3 or 4.

Eli Manning might become a good to great NFL QB but right now in a one game situation not considering the future I'd take all those QB's before him, except for Simms, Dilfer, and Carr.

Well, you are just not being honest. I cant tell you how many times on this site people have wanted Brunell benched!

Brunell is hot and cold, and Saturday he is going to be rattled by the Giants pass rush, just like the first game.

Dont tell me Portis is going to beat the Giants by himself! It isn't going to happen.

Well, you are just not being honest. I cant tell you how many times on this site people have wanted Brunell benched!

Brunell is hot and cold, and Saturday he is going to be rattled by the Giants pass rush, just like the first game.

Dont tell me Portis is going to beat the Giants by himself! It isn't going to happen.

If yesterday taught me and everyone else anything its that what the first game was like means absoutely nothing.

We did absolutely nothing vs Dallas in the first meeting, 2 long passes out of no where to win the game.

Yesterday beat them at every phase of the game.

Playing at home is huge, if you don't admit that you aren't being honest with yourself.

Those boys down there in Vegas are dumb, and they have us favored by 2.5 even after the 36-0 loss.

I just don't see the Giants scoring 27 on the Redskins' defense. I know the Giants scored 36 on them already, but this is a home game for the Redskins and circumstances are completely different.

27 will be more than enough. I doubt the skins score a TD on offense. Who knows, maybe you will get one on special teams, or Eli will giftwrap one, but your offense wont do much all day.

Archived