Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NAACP wants answers as to why more blacks are supended/expelled

Westbrook36

The NAACP better be prepared to get an answer they don't like.

Unfortunate as it is, blacks are more prone to cause trouble than whites. It's not their fault, it's not universal, and it's not necessarily in the nature of their race, just the circumstances in which their culture has developed. Hell, it probably has more to do with the whites than the blacks themselves. Nevertheless, the problems come from within, not from a grand white devil's conspiracy.

This isn't to say that all blacks are troublemakers, or whatever, because I'm not about that kind of thing. I'm certainly not racist. It's just that when your culture develops (as Lib said) from a situation of second class citizenship, it takes awhile for the stigma to wear off. The whites played a huge role in it, and they still play a little bit of a role. But what's "keeping the black man down" right now is a mindset within the black community that whites are out to get them. That the white man is still keeping them down. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If the part of the black community that's beyond all this bull**** would just rise up to those fitting the stereotypes and tell them that it wasn't their grandparents' faults, but it is their own damn fault, then there would be progress. Some blacks think the white man is holding them down, but really they end up holding themselves down, and that creates a stereotype which resonates in the white community, ending all hopes of complete assymilation. If the black community would fight the stereotype (rather than feeding into it), white perception would eventually change, and the vicious cycle would end.

Sorry but I grew up in a large multicultural area, and it is all about who you hang out with. Yes, most blacks do come from poor areas, however it is all about decisions and role models in your life. In my school it was mainly blacks and hispanics who did get in trouble, but that was because of the gangs they hung with. The people that stayed away from that all did very well and went to very good colleges.

What schools should do is start being harder on the gangs. There are many bright kids that get stuck in the wrong crowd, and when the want to get out it is too late, it is very sad.

Sorry but I grew up in a large multicultural area, and it is all about who you hang out with. Yes, most blacks do come from poor areas, however it is all about decisions and role models in your life. In my school it was mainly blacks and hispanics who did get in trouble, but that was because of the gangs they hung with. The people that stayed away from that all did very well and went to very good colleges.

What schools should do is start being harder on the gangs. There are many bright kids that get stuck in the wrong crowd, and when the want to get out it is too late, it is very sad.

It's not just gangs, though. My old high school is just now becoming populated with minorities from the cities south of Coral Springs, and even though there aren't "gangs" per se, it's getting pretty gnarly. It's just surroundings. The poorer the area, the worse the people are going to be. It goes for any race, it's just that blacks and hispanics are predominant.

easy...lower social class generally, more single parents, = worse behavior... for all races

exactly...there's some racism and teachers unable to handle kids involved but poor parenting is the #1 reason.

True stories: in 3rd grade i used to get in trouble ALL the time, get bad grades and i didn't do anything wrong imo. the teacher seemed to alternate sending me or the other black guy to the office whenever the class was getting loud. my mom came to school and sat in for a week and saw that the teacher call me the other guy several times, claimed i couldn't do a certain skill THAT i demonstrated and the other guy couldn't...etc. i don't know if that was racism or an idiot teacher but it ceased after mom showed up.

in 6th or 7th grade, a white kid was always talking **** to me b/c i "stole" his gf. one day i had reached my limit so i told my home room teacher the whole story. she seemed to listen but when i was done she told ME to leave him alone. later that day, the kid tripped me while i was getting up to turn in my paper. the teacher didn't say anything! the next day we were lining up to go to lunch or something and he pushed me RIGHT in front of the teacher. i took matters in my own hands and proceeded to **** him up...the teacher pulls me off him and sends me to the office ALONE. i end up with 10 days and in school suspension for a month. b/c of that bullish i didn't get to go to the state science fair---and my project that year was tight!

This doesn't really seem to hard to figure out.

It doesn't matter if you are white or black... if you act stupid it is going to catch up with you.

If you rob a store... and they find you - you will go to jail. White or Black.

The numbers are just showing the facts. I would like to know how much the numbers are the same or different in - Predominantly Black School districts, then white, then an even one. If it’s the same amount pretty much across the board.... what would the NAACP say then?

I went to a school that was 65w/35b. And without doubt most the people suspended were white males for fighting. (I have the dishonor of joining that club, but at the time it seemed worth it :laugh: )

White kids are not getting away with nothing. If a white kid fights, or does anything else worth suspension - He gets suspended. Period!

This is a fine example of a poor database strategy failing to turn data into useful information. This question would be EASY to solve if the information kept was put together right. You'd query the system for similar offenses (including frequency of offense) and view the penalties. If a trend pops up you'd see it immediately. However, this crappy system in place leaves too many questions open.

You can take any data set, and each side could find a way to make it work for them.

Because the NAACP spends more time on Tookie and Alito than they should.

They should be pushing Achievable Dream from Norfolk into Ward 8 and if it works every inner city from there forward..

Its not that hard to push forward on REAL issues...

You forgot to add screaming at black qb's because they do not run :doh: curious if that idiot that of Dante when he said what he did :doh: :doh:

Guest sith lord

I think each side is to blame. I do believe most middle age, middle class, white teachers have problems relating to young, black teeneagers. I'm 31 years old and have never been involved in any crime, but I can't walk into Circuit City without a security guard in civilian cloths, coming up next to me, acting like he's a customer looking at DVDs. So I know from experiance that it's not just that black kids are doing more crime. They're just being watched more closely.

I also believe the parenting structure in the black community today is non-existant. Even though I also believe rap music is bad for black kids, bad parenting trumps everything wrong in the black community as far as I'm concerned.

I think I underestimated present racism. I think Destino is right, when you compare similar offense of white and blacks I think you will find that blacks are punished signifigantly harsher than whites for the same offences. Just a ypothesis, I don't feel like trying to look up evidence for it right now though.

I think I underestimated present racism. I think Destino is right, when you compare similar offense of white and blacks I think you will find that blacks are punished signifigantly harsher than whites for the same offences. Just a ypothesis, I don't feel like trying to look up evidence for it right now though.

I wonder if a certain component of that is economic as well. If one person has the money to hire a better lawyer, than they will probably receive a lesser sentence. Or perhaps they had an expensive attny the last time they were caught breaking the law got off and now that the have been caught again they are a first time offender equalling a lesser sentence.

Archived