Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Carolina-Washington Playoff Scenario

Chunkylover2400

This is a good playoff scenario for us when we get in because the Carolinas in my opinion is still part of Redskins country....I have a cousin (pure Skins fan) near Charlotte and if we do play them first round I surely will be there to cheer on my team!!

Anyone else plans to go to Carolina if this happens?? How much are you willing to spend??

Getting way ahead of ourselves here.

Threads like this lead to bad things.

i cant stand when people say stuff like this. we dont play on the team, we as players arent looking past the giants. were fans on a messageboard talking about whatever we want. explain to me what bad things this could possibly lead to. i can look ahead to a possible superbowl matchup and tell you how i think we matchup, it doesnt freaking matter

i cant stand when people say stuff like this. we dont play on the team, we as players arent looking past the giants. were fans on a messageboard talking about whatever we want. explain to me what bad things this could possibly lead to. i can look ahead to a possible superbowl matchup and tell you how i think we matchup, it doesnt freaking matter

I know right as fans we have the right to look ahead, daydream, and have expectations.....trashtalk, say [insert team here] sucks......Seriously I doubt that there are players lurking around these message boards....whatever we're talking about doesn't matter unless we all think the same way.....

I know right as fans we have the right to look ahead, daydream, and have expectations.....trashtalk, say [insert team here] sucks......Seriously I doubt that there are players lurking around these message boards....whatever we're talking about doesn't matter unless we all think the same way.....

I've been saying this for week.

I think some people on this board think they actually play or coach on the team and it is some how bad for the team if we as fans look ahead to possible playoff matches.

Seriously guys, you have no responsibilies as far as the Redskins, if they win it wasn't because anything you did, if they lose, again you had nothing to do with it.

Looking ahead is a term that should only be used when talking about players and coaches, not fans.

Getting way ahead of ourselves here.

Threads like this lead to bad things.

Can you give me good solid evidence of just one time in the history of sports where fans looking forward to games down the road actually led to their team losing?

Give me just one example.

Fans, cheer, they don't draw up game plans, they don't train and heal injuries during the week, they go to work and talk about the team, that is their job.

I've been saying this for week.

I think some people on this board think they actually play or coach on the team and it is some how bad for the team if we as fans look ahead to possible playoff matches.

Seriously guys, you have no responsibilies as far as the Redskins, if they win it wasn't because anything you did, if they lose, again you had nothing to do with it.

Looking ahead is a term that should only be used when talking about players and coaches, not fans.

If you are posting on a redskins message board, then you are obviously a little bit more of a hardcore fan than many others. And as a hardcore fan there is a feeling of responsibility. If i don't get to the game and yell and scream as loudly as i can, then the team's not going to play as well as they could. People who doubt the impact of the fans have never felt the rush a cheering home crowd can give you. Granted, it's not a responsibility, but some people feel like it is, and you shouldn't try to make them feel silly for it. And yes, i can almost guarantee you that at least a few redskins players read this board. It's called curiosity, everyone possesses it. You want to know what other people think of you, its natural. Next thing you know they're reading about a playoff game that they could be playing in, and then the O-line gets the gist and start talking about the upcoming game against the panthers, instead of figuring out how to block strahan. I'm not saying that we shouldn't talk about it, because as a fan we can, and that's what this kind of a board is for, but don't think that you as a fan have no affect on the team, that's just stupid.

Carolinas are still skins country i was born in faytville and i got alot of family down there who are skins fans, my uncle is a panther fan and goes to most of the games, so im gona bug him 24/7 if we have to play the panthers ill make the 6-7 hour drive from morgantown and miss school for that:gaintsuck

I am going to call this the jinx thread because all you cat's will be crying to the high heavens if something goes wrong and we lose the Giants game.

Please, let's talk about the Giants and leave the playoff tickets for Dan Snyder to worry about for now.

If you are posting on a redskins message board, then you are obviously a little bit more of a hardcore fan than many others. And as a hardcore fan there is a feeling of responsibility. If i don't get to the game and yell and scream as loudly as i can, then the team's not going to play as well as they could. People who doubt the impact of the fans have never felt the rush a cheering home crowd can give you. Granted, it's not a responsibility, but some people feel like it is, and you shouldn't try to make them feel silly for it. And yes, i can almost guarantee you that at least a few redskins players read this board. It's called curiosity, everyone possesses it. You want to know what other people think of you, its natural. Next thing you know they're reading about a playoff game that they could be playing in, and then the O-line gets the gist and start talking about the upcoming game against the panthers, instead of figuring out how to block strahan. I'm not saying that we shouldn't talk about it, because as a fan we can, and that's what this kind of a board is for, but don't think that you as a fan have no affect on the team, that's just stupid.

The fans cheer just as loud every single game, the Redskins sell out games when they are 2-10.

As far as players reading this message board and then looking ahead because fans are talking about the Panthers in the playoffs, that is a bit far fetched. I would say we have some serious personal problems if some of our players look pass the Giants this week.

Excluding fans at the stadium yelling and screaming and being in the game, fans have absolutely no baring on whether or not the Redskins win or lose.

You act as if everyone in the stadium next week is going to be talking quietly with each other about playing the Panthers in the playoffs instead of cheering for the Redskins vs the Giants, or just don't show up all together, that just makes no sense.

When Redskin fans stop selling out FedEx field every single week for years then you can talk to me about fans looking ahead to games and taking present games for granted.

Someone starting a thread talking about possibly playoff match ups has 0 effect on the Washington Redskins and how they do.

It is an old, played out and tired saying used by people that remember their high school football playing days are trying desperately to hold on to them by actually thinking that what they think has some sort of a effect on a team they don't play for and players they don't know and have never met.

So please, lets stop this ridiculous bashing of fans that dare to look ahead to possible match ups. There is nothing wrong with it.

Totally agree with the guy above...!! Really well put

Just to reiterate!

Fan's Responsibility! HUH??

Our only responsibility is go to the games and to cheer as hard as we can and support our home team.......if you didn't do that and we lost then you should feel guilty by then..........but if ur just daydreaming and thinking and whatifs as ticket paying members we have the right to do that!! REALLY! if the players feel they can look ahead and just underestimate the importance of the Giants game then it is our not our freaking fault GOSH!! and then we also have to right be mad at them by then......cause we did our part spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars going to the games to tell them we care A LOT!!:doh::gaintsuck

IF WE LOSE IT"S NOT our FAULT ITS THEIRS!!!!

They are the one who plays the games

As the reason i started this thread.......i may have misname it a bit but my point is that if it is a Carolina game how many of us r going down there and how can we totally make a joke at their "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE" that's it.........

Archived