Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rethinking the Broncos Trade

MRMADD

I agree with this. However what if Gibbs and company valued Cambell higher than Rodgers and even Smith? In otherwords what if Gibbs looked at these QBs and said Campbell should be a top ten pick or if we had two top 10 picks then Gibbs would have taken Campbell with one of them? Then giving up the 3rd and 4th round pick is not a bad deal. I mean I doubt Gibbs just said I need a QB and since Rodgers is gone lets just get Campbell. I bet you if GB didn't take Rodgers he still would have taken Campbell, hell if SF didn't take Smith and both him and Rodgers were available Gibbs would still have taken Campbell.

There were a few observers who though Campbell might have the best tools, if not consistent history, of all the QB's in the draft. It was hinted that Gibbs agreed but was keeping it low key so no one else got overly interested. I don't think he had to worry, most others have pooh-poohed his evaluation.

I think he's been more right, more often, than he has been wrong since his return. And from looking at our QB situation and the performance evidence on JC I could find, I liked the deal. That feeling was predicated though, to a degree, on the broncs not getting a top 10 pick out of it via our record this year.And I didn't see much film of JC playing, so when someone who regularly followed his games in college speaks, I am extra attentive to what they say.

Archived