Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone see Munich...

halter91

He did Schindler's List 13 years ago and this one. That's two whole Jewish movies. Unless ET was Jewish I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Oh, and Jurassic Park IV is in pre-production. :)

Except for this

Lost Children of Berlin (1997) - documentary

Survivors of the Holocaust (1996) TV documentary

Voices from the List (2004)- Offspin of Schildlers List

A Holocaust szemei (2000)

The Last Days (1998)

Schindlers List (1993)

Munich (2005)

Whole Episode devoted to Holocaust in BOB

Im not saying he shouldnt be allowed to do these films...Im just pointing out hes done more. Cant wait for Jurassic Park IV...oh wait, III sucked.

I just saw the movie this weekend. What I liked was the decent from killing only those that did Munich to the point where they are talking about killing the bodyguards and one of them says "Only Jewish blood matters" to justify killing them too. How many times have we had the arguement on here about if it saves an American life, I don't care how many we have to kill?

I thought the movie did an excellent job of equating the two sides with his mother talking about how great it is to have a home for their people and how she is proud of her son for doing whatever it takes (but not wanting to know), and the Palestinian talking about how he would bleed and kill or whatever it would take to have a home.

I really like the line of the movie from justified by horror to wondering where the diference is to wondering at the effectiveness to wondering if what was done was correct all the while never losing the horror that started the madness.

All in all, I thought it was an excellent movie. I was surprised because he achieved the kind of moral framework thought without ever bringing up evidence that they may have killed an innocent (which I thought I read had actually happened in one of the attempts to get even). Anway, the movie is definitely worth seeing. I don't think a movie has made me think this much about the emotional cost of hatred since Dead Man Walking.

Hey everyone...

I have seen it. I thought is was pretty good.... yeah, it wasn't 100% accurate, but it wasn't THAT far off......

SS, just put faces to the 'assassins'.... but Israel has admitted to hunting the Black September members...

I wonder, how do you know that it wasn't THAT far off?

• 4 months later...

Finally watched the movie.

Great movie I thought. I appreciated the objectivity...

Who was the Frenchman that helped them out? It seems like the screenwriter was dropping hints as to who this guy was... like we were all supposed to know.

Anyone have any info on that?

Finally watched the movie.

Great movie I thought. I appreciated the objectivity...

Who was the Frenchman that helped them out? It seems like the screenwriter was dropping hints as to who this guy was... like we were all supposed to know.

Anyone have any info on that?

Well I guess I could always start a duplicate account and converse w/ myself

I thought the movie did an excellent job of equating the two sides with his mother talking about how great it is to have a home for their people and how she is proud of her son for doing whatever it takes (but not wanting to know), and the Palestinian talking about how he would bleed and kill or whatever it would take to have a home.

Except that it's myth-making. The goal was never to 'have a home' if that was the case, then there wouldn't BE a conflict. The objective of the Arab since the formation of Israel has been the annhilation of Israel. The vast majority of those who were 'displaced' voluntarily left in anticipation of the extermination of the state of Israel and the Jews.

That's why the movie got the criticism it did. It tried to frame some type of equivalence and mirror motivation when, while there is some minor similarity, the basic goals are vastly different in both practical and moral terms.

I don't follow why the jews are hated

Well, we could speculate but I'd leave it to William F. Buckley and his work on "Anti-Semitism" to figure it out. Reminds me, I should pick that bad boy up.

But yours remains a good question and always will.

Archived