Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants Week (concerns)

RedskinsNation

My main concern is Ray Brown and if they will be able to run that toss right as effectively. Maybe they'll just switch to toss left and let Dock and Samuels lead the way. I think Ray will be fine with straight away blocking (50 and 40 gut).

I'm not worried about a let down. They've learned that lesson. At least, they should've learned that lesson.

you forgot a main point... WILL WE STOP TIKI? Or will Tiki torch us [/pun]

yeah your right...i was caught up in the injury evaluation i guess.

I always recall tike either having career days vs. us or doing NOTHING. There isnt much in between. This year he dominated us...last year he didnt do much though....who shows up...yeah im worried about him.

During the middle of the season I would have been concerned, but they are in a position now where everything is right in front of their faces. They know that they have to win out or no playoffs. Therefore these next two games must be played as if they were the playoffs. No time to fool around.

Greg williams was pissed about our last game with the pukes because we got no pressure on bledsoe....he fixed that problem. GW was pissed after Tikis field day against our D.....He will fix that problem. At that point in the season, for some reason or another, our defense was not playing like they are capable....This Defense has stepped up huge. Giants will be in for a long game if they plan on letting tiki beat us. GW will have an answer for tiki. I hope and I'm confident our secondary will be up to the task for their recievers. I actually thought the cowboys would pose more of a passing problem then the giants. If we limit their run....THEY WILL NOT WIN.

A couple things that stand in the way of us and a ninth win...

What is Joseph and Pierce's status for the Giants?

It doesn't look good for Pierce or Joseph. Even if Joseph came back, he would probably be a bit rusty. Emmons may also be out. He missed the Chiefs game and Giants had to start a rookie at MIKE. He did OK. Also the Giant's oline is missing the 2 starting tackles. Maybe if the Giants are lucky, Pettigout will be back.

What we lose talentwise with Ray Brown may be compensated for by his fresh legs. This time of the year after 14 games, all starters are playing hurt to some degree. We have a grizzly old veteran coming in healthy. He should do ok. As for Tiki, if our D commits to stopping the run and forcing Eli to win it through the air, we should do well. Expect a few big runs but a lot of stuffs. The key, I think, is whether we can control the line of scrimmage like we did with Dallas. No team can overcome control like that. The twelfth man needs to play well too. Remember, Eli is only in his second year. The twelfth man could rattle his cage big time.

The skins tried to stop the run last time Tiki got 200. What is different this time?

They didn't get a sack last time against Dallas. 7 this time. They were pumped and focused. They need to be pumped and focused against the Giants. They were at the Giants and it was an emotional game for them last time. This time it's in Washington and time game is way bigger for us. They can do it.;)

Tiki is definitely a concern, He has run over everyone the last few weeks just as he did agaisnt us the first time. I just hope we contain him to 100 and not let him get 125 or more like the 200 he got the last time. We will have to score 21 to 24 points to win and we can hope we have the short field again. The 12th man will help alot that is for sure!!!!!

I'm going to be completely honest. Your defense can't stop Tiki. No defense can stop Tiki. Because he's not like the other nfl running backs. You can bottle him up, he might have a 10 carry stretch where he gets 20 yards but he will break a big one. He always does. Its becuase of his vision and his strength. If you want to win, concentrate on Eli and the passing game, force interceptions and turnovers. You won't win by playing Tiki Barber. You lose that way. He cannot be stopped.

Archived