Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell: 125.6 passer rating

tr1

Okay, he's been inconsistent at times during the year, but for anyone to detract from his performance yesterday is just plain dumb.

He's won a MONEY game for us. He gave opportunity to receivers to make great plays. He protected the ball.

Is he perfect? No. Will we give us a good chance to get to the playoffs? Yes.

I don't think I have ever been so wrong in my entire life than how I judged Brunell before the season. He has been the biggest suprise for the 'Skins this year. I don't think he is they type of player that can carry the enitre team, but he has done his job and has done it well enough for us to be in playoff contention (something none of us would have seriously considered last season.)

I don't think I have ever been so wrong in my entire life than how I judged Brunell before the season. He has been the biggest suprise for the 'Skins this year. I don't think he is they type of player that can carry the enitre team, but he has done his job and has done it well enough for us to be in playoff contention (something none of us would have seriously considered last season.)

Well done Liberty.

Brunell's passes may have been a little off near the begining of the game, but he managed the heck out of the game to get the best out of that offense that he could, he and Gibbs both, and man am I glad that they did.

Here's hoping the we will get to watch him leading this team in the playoffs and maybe even more certainly, in the Probowl.

I admit I was prettty nervous when I saw a few of his passes sail on him in the beginning of the game. But I think the fact that the D was playing so stout and giving the O great field position helped Brunell quite a bit. Also let's face it. Not having to throw the ball every other down because your running game is sputtering is a beautiful thing. Brunell played very well.

HE IS STILL A WASHED UP QUARTERBACK. I COULD CARE LESS WHAT HE DID YESTERDAY AND IF YOU REALLY LOOK AT THE TOTALLITY OF THE GAME HE DID NOT DO MUCH. PERIOD

He still threw 5 yards on 3 and 10. He still could not scramble to his right. He is a one dimensional quarterback. So dont sit here just becuase of a win and praise this idiot. He is a washed up quarterback that really has never been any good. Including his time with the jags. PERIOD

HE IS STILL A WASHED UP QUARTERBACK. I COULD CARE LESS WHAT HE DID YESTERDAY AND IF YOU REALLY LOOK AT THE TOTALLITY OF THE GAME HE DID NOT DO MUCH. PERIOD

He still threw 5 yards on 3 and 10. He still could not scramble to his right. He is a one dimensional quarterback. So dont sit here just becuase of a win and praise this idiot. He is a washed up quarterback that really has never been any good. Including his time with the jags. PERIOD

Ah, should I take you seriously? Okay, I will.

Brunell is 8-6 as the starter. That's a winning record. Inconsistent at times? Yes. Washed up? No.

So much hate after a win and a good performance.

Try and remember, he's a Redskin.

I really hate to be critical after such a GREAT win, but I feel this needs to be said. Brunell is not playing well. Yesterday, most of the passes he completed were either screens (great playcalling BTW-Thanks Joe), passes to players who broke off of their routes to come back to the sideline that he ALWAYS rolls to, or passes to wide open players. I really hope Mark proves me wrong once again, but right now I don't trust him to consistantly hit guys when they're running routes. If he had better receivers (after Moss of course), maybe things would be different, but Mark still doesn't step up in the pocket and is seemingly rolling out whenever pressure comes around the edge when it would suit him better to STEP UP and let the blockers have a chance to block.

Great Win! HTTR!

I really hate to be critical after such a GREAT win, but I feel this needs to be said. Brunell is not playing well. Yesterday, most of the passes he completed were either screens (great playcalling BTW-Thanks Joe), passes to players who broke off of their routes to come back to the sideline that he ALWAYS rolls to, or passes to wide open players. I really hope Mark proves me wrong once again, but right now I don't trust him to consistantly hit guys when they're running routes. If he had better receivers (after Moss of course), maybe things would be different, but Mark still doesn't step up in the pocket and is seemingly rolling out whenever pressure comes around the edge when it would suit him better to STEP UP and let the blockers have a chance to block.

Great Win! HTTR!

Yeah, all he does is win...

Go back to Nashville, or whatever hole you crawled out of.

HTTR

I said before the game the only way we win is Mark plays not only his best game as a skin but puts up points, well he did all of that.

Now we just need to do again this week :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

I actually have to agree with Jbooma on this one. Brunell played a good game and he did everything right to win the game. Next week, however, will be a bigger test. Everything worked yesterday. We need the same kind of game next week if we are going to win. If he repeats his performance next week I will jump on the pro bowl alternate bandwagon.

Great Win! HTTR!

You two need to go the hell away. Stop masquerading as Skins fans. Four TD's and no INT's. What more do you want? You guys are unreal.

I don't think anyone is confusing Brunell for Carson Palmer, and it is fair to say he's near the end, but what he doesn't get enough credit for around here is how smart he plays, and how well he manages Gibbs' offense. He has awesome touch with the short stuff, and while not as dramatic as the long plays, some of those little passes he makes are a lot tougher to make than they look. The TD pass to Cooley in the back of the endzone was an awesome play by Brunell, patiently waiting for Cooley to get open. Brunell was also outstanding running the play action yesterday.

There is no need to get one's panties in a wad over Brunell. Brunell is not the future of the Redskins, but he's doing pretty well at winning games in the meantime. Gibbs drafted Campbell for a reason. Gibbs will add the finall pieces of the puzzle this offseason, and when Campbell does play, he's going to have a great supporting cast around him. Anyone who can't see the steady improvement of this team since Gibbs returned just isn't paying enough attention.

I have supoorted brunell all season after gibbs decided to go with him. He has had good and bad games. With the good and the bad, the way his performance is judged, is often a direct reflection of the way his recievers and line have played. What I saw yesterday was what Mark brunell does best. If you didnt like the style you saw from mark yesterday, then you'll never like mark. If your crazy about seeing a "pocket passer", watch drew bledsoe. How many times was brunell sacked yesterday? How many times was he hurried? I'm really not sure what could not be liked about his performance yesterday but to me it appeared flawless. If the pass was not there, he made sure no one got it(the smart QBs do this), If it was there he put the ball on the money. He is one of the smartest QBs in the leauge and I'm amazed at his arm strength. Notice on the deep ball to santana, no one else had a chance at that, If it was going to be caught, it was going to be caught by S moss. With the protection he had yesterday, and if we are running the ball effectively, we will outscore anyone in the league, With MB as QB.

Why am I not surprised that Ghost of Nibbs Mcpimpin, AJ Skins, and Oldfan have not replied in this thread?

All three of them... their football knowledge was on full display sunday. Start Patrick Ramsey? :laugh:

Don't quit your day job fellas. ;)

Look guys. It's pretty simple. Brunell is keeping the spot warm until his replacement is ready to step in. At this point, I suspect Gibbs wants him to be careful and not cost us the game. Yesterday, he played well. Some of the early passes floated, but he got it under control. That pass to Moss deep was an outstanding pass. Just far enough ahead that Moss could get to it without risking an interception. Also, the screen pass that Moss took was an incredible throw.

MB is a 35 y/o veteran QB that is a product of his teammates. If given time and the running game is going good, then MB can keep the offense moving and limit the mistakes the passing game may encounter. He is not going to win games for us but his biggest attribute for this team is that he will not lose games for us. That is something that cannot be said for any other QB on our roster. Brunell is the best choice for our QBing needs and our success or demise will be determined by the O-Line, CP, and the defense.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

"he's not going to win games for us"

He is playing the way Gibbs wants him to play. So, in fact he is winning games for us. If Gibbs wanted a QB to shoot from the hip and play like a Brett Favre, he would be playing Ramsey. Not saying anything bad about Favre (or Ramsey), but it isn't Gibbs football. Gibbs would rather you throw underneath, than force into coverage.

I guess the scenario you are talking about is how he didn't win the first Cowboys game for us.

As a long time Jaguars fan, I think many of you would be surprised to see Brunell in a no huddle pass often offense. Coughlin used to run that every now and then. When Mark gets into a rhythm, it is fun to watch. It is very difficult to run, run and pass on third down. Give Brunell credit.

Why am I not surprised that Ghost of Nibbs Mcpimpin, AJ Skins, and Oldfan have not replied in this thread?

All three of them... their football knowledge was on full display sunday. Start Patrick Ramsey? :laugh:

Don't quit your day job fellas. ;)

Well said zoony. You could add BrunnelSuperbowl to that list as well based on his trash threads of last week.

Archived