Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peyton Manning is too cute and smart for his own good

Westbrook36

What a ridiculous and utterly stupid thing to do on the goalline, 4th and 1 today against the Chargers.

This guy is too full of himself. If I was Dungy, I'd reign in all that audible bs he does at the line. The call is simple.....kick the FG or run Edge off either side.

He makes mistakes like this often but you don't hear much about it because of how talented he is. He makes a lot of great passes but he should leave calling the plays to Dungy or whoever calls them on the sideline.

What a ridiculous and utterly stupid thing to do on the goalline, 4th and 1 today against the Chargers.

This guy is too full of himself. If I was Dungy, I'd reign in all that audible bs he does at the line. The call is simple.....kick the FG or run Edge off either side.

He makes mistakes like this often but you don't hear much about it because of how talented he is. He makes a lot of great passes but he should leave calling the plays to Dungy or whoever calls them on the sideline.

If you were watching the play, Wayne never ran his route so it was a busted play. Fact is you're not Dungy, if you were I think the Colts would be fighting for the #1 draft pick

A few years ago the prevailing wisdom was that Manning rarely checked off when he waved his hands around and appeared to call out audibles to his players. There were many reports that he simply did that to make the defense think a little bit.

I don't know if those accusations were inaccurate, or if he has since began checking off with greater frequency, but I havn't heard anyone suggest this in 2 years or so.

I don't know what that means.

A few years ago the prevailing wisdom was that Manning rarely checked off when he waved his hands around and appeared to call out audibles to his players. There were many reports that he simply did that to make the defense think a little bit.

I don't know if those accusations were inaccurate, or if he has since began checking off with greater frequency, but I havn't heard anyone suggest this in 2 years or so.

I don't know what that means.

Manning confessed in an interview "Fantasy players aren't gonna like this, but I saw something in the Defense and Checked down to Edge. I do that alot this season, checking to edge to run it".

so glad someone else wrote the exact words out of my mouth as i watched this game. manning is better than tom brady because he calls his own plays right?

maybe tom brady is smart enough to know that the coaches actually have a clue, and that maybe its a good idea to run the plays they call.

Brady: 3 Super bowls

Manning: 0 Super Bowls

Tee Martin: 1 National Championship

Manning: 0 National Championships

Manning is the greatest choker of our time.

I was at the Skins Game, watching them sweep the Cowgirls.

What did you see?

If you were watching the play, Wayne never ran his route so it was a busted play. Fact is you're not Dungy, if you were I think the Colts would be fighting for the #1 draft pick

He never ran a route because the called play was a run to Edge and Peyton TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF to naked bootleg. Why he doesn't get called on ridiculous decisions like this is beyond me.

You a Colts fan?

If not then...who cares!?

He makes a lot of great passes but he should leave calling the plays to Dungy or whoever calls them on the sideline.

Trying to think of a better QB in this generation. Can't think of one...

How did he become the best?

Congrats on the sweep. I watched Peyton throw 2 INTs and throw away 7 points because he wanted to look smart and walk into the endzone untouched. Didn't work out like that though.

Thanks for the congrats.

The sweep was nice. Toward the end of the 4th quarter the PA was playing Willie Nelson singing "mammas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys". :laugh:

Peyton takes a lot of heat lately. If he really did make some critical errors with his audibles, then maybe Dungy needs to rein him in slightly. But he gets a pretty big pass for the year based on the record.

The only game I saw was part of the shootout vs. the Bengals. It was hard to complain about his performance that day.

When players succeed, they take a lot of heat. The rumor I heard is that he is difficult to play with, thinks too much of himself, criticizes teammates. Is any of it true? Probably just blown out of proportion like all the other useless rumors we hear.

People like to hate on Favre, because they think he makes too many bad passes, but it was his attempt to thread the needle or throw up the occasional jump ball that made him the QB he was. And he was a great QB. First ballot HOF in my mind. You take the good with the bad.

I think Peyton falls into the same category. People will say he makes too many audibles, where it's his ability to do so (and the freedom to do it) that makes him excel.

edit

I forgot about the monday nighter vs NE. I thought he played a great game that night.

umm I think the guy has earned the right to do any audible he wants. had them at an undefeated season, etc. after they win the superbowl, he'll go to canton.

He earned the right? No, guys like Tom Brady have earned the right. All Manning is now is a guy who has a really bad record in the playoffs in his career.

you name a quarterback that takes as much control of his team as Peyton does, no one has worked as hard and taken so much responsibility as Peyton has, when they win it's because of him and when they lose he takes responsibilty. he has his offense mastered and they probably dont need an offensive coordinator. you really think Peyton needs to win this Superbowl in order to get into Canton? i think he's a given

Archived