Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think we Lose Greg Williams next year?

Hail26

Gregg Williams will certainly get some enticing offers, and it will be up to him. I think if we close out this season strong, he will want to stick around for our Super Bowl run next year. Snyder definitely won't let him leave for more money, and he knows that this team is his when Gibbs retires. Hopefully he sticks around until then ... he sure seems to be having a good time.

I have a suspicion that there's a secret agreement Williams will replace Gibbs when he retires.

They won't make it public because that would cause a controversy anytime the teams on a losing streak. But figure if Gibbs is here three more years and Snyder can pay Williams head coaching type of money and give him the head coaching job when Gibbs leaves it's not a bad scenerio for Williams.

His kids get to stay in one place, he gets to build on something and eventually gets to lead it.

At least that's the way I'd like to see it.

If he wants to be a head coach next year, then he will. Money won't be the issue.

If he decides he doesn't want to be a head coach next year, then he will stay!

I think the temptation will be to great and he will leave to be the head coach of the Rams or Ravens. Ravens are nearby- so he really wouldn't have to disrupt the family that much!

We'll find out in a few weeks!

If he leaves it would probably be for the Rams or Chiefs jobs but I don't think he will. If he does he will be hated here since he has stated over and over and over that he isn't going anywhere. He's a better Defensive Coach than a head coach anyway and he's paid better than most Head Coaches here anyway so it doesn't make sense.

man it sure sounds like everybody has Joe retired in the next year.i personally think Joe is gonna stay for more like 3 or 4 more years.at least!if he wasn't then he never would have come back to begin with.Joe isn't the kind of guy to think he WOULD BE the resurrection answer.he's not so assuming as to get us to a serious playoff run next year and then call it quits.no way!and GW isn't ready for another HC position yet imho.his stint in buffalo was terrible.absolutely terrible.that said,i think he stays where he's at and masters his craft at the instruction of one the greats.after Gibbs gives us at least 5 or 6 then Williams can take over the perennial powerhouse the Skins have become by then.Snyder will cover any costs if he's smart.coaching continuity has alot to do with continued and prolonged success.

Actually, a thought occurred to me last night after I signed off here.

My scenario has Gibbs becoming GM and offensive coordinator, and GW becomes Head Coach.

I wonder if that would work.

(Although, the present setup seems to be working, too. It's really tempting to do the "It ain't broke" thing.)

Actually, a thought occurred to me last night after I signed off here.

My scenario has Gibbs becoming GM and offensive coordinator, and GW becomes Head Coach.

I wonder if that would work.

(Although, the present setup seems to be working, too. It's really tempting to do the "It ain't broke" thing.)

I think Gibbs heads upstairs to take over management of the team, insulating it from all things Snyder (all non football-related stuff). Gibbs hires a real VP/GM, Williams is made head coach, and Musgrave becomes offensive coordinator.

Archived