Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense Player of the Game Not Brunnell!

Ynot

I cannot beleive that everyone picked Brunnell has MVP of the Game. He made a couple good plays and no turnovers but it was the defense that gave us all the points

take a look at the Drive Chart

Redskins Drive Chart

Start

Time Time

Poss Drive

Began # of

Plays Yards

Gained Result

15:00 4:07 WAS 35 7 28 Punt

10:53 2:09 DAL 21 4 21 Touchdown

01:59 1:20 WAS 28 3 8 Punt

13:35 3:55 WAS 25 8 75 Touchdown

06:18 3:17 WAS 22 8 40 Punt

01:40 0:15 DAL 34 2 34 Touchdown

00:29 0:17 DAL 38 2 38 Touchdown

13:28 3:13 DAL 21 6 21 Touchdown

08:52 2:54 WAS 48 3 1 Punt

02:52 1:34 DAL 45 3 4 Punt

12:10 4:15 WAS 38 7 25 Fumble

06:25 4:10 WAS 3 6 16 Punt

00:05 0:05 WAS 22 1 -1 End of Game

Touchdown Drives of 21,75,34,38,21 The defense gave us the short field all day. Defense is the MVP. Brunnel had 4 touchdowns 2 by players making plays, Moss and Cooley running over people the otheres were Gibbs Play calling Cooley, Sellers Wide Open. Brunnell had a good game but not great he still missed a few wide open people and Moss caught 2 balls!!!! Cooley caught 6 and no other receiver caught a ball!!!! Brunnell Missed Moss twice Wide Open and did not even attempt a pass to another wide receiver??

Great Game not knocking Brunnell but he does not deserve the MVP!!!! Defense Defense!!!

look at Dallas Drive Chart!!!!

Cowboys Drive Chart

Start

Time Time

Poss Drive

Began # of

Plays Yards

Gained Result

10:53 0:00 DAL 18 1 0 Interception

08:44 6:45 DAL 35 11 45 Missed FG

00:39 2:04 DAL 29 3 7 Punt

09:40 3:22 DAL 25 6 13 Punt

03:01 1:21 DAL 13 3 -3 Punt

01:25 0:56 DAL 31 4 44 Interception

00:12 0:12 DAL 35 1 -1 End of Half

15:00 1:32 DAL 40 3 -19 Fumble

10:15 1:23 DAL 15 3 -4 Punt

05:58 3:06 DAL 9 5 21 Punt

01:18 4:08 DAL 20 8 80 Touchdown

07:55 1:30 DAL 46 3 -3 Punt

02:15 2:10 DAL 49 10 29 Interc

Take away the long run and it would have been a shut out~!!!!!

the defense set the tone, gave the offense great field position all day and made the Cowboys as frustated as any offense I have seen all year :D

that was probably the best showing by this D-line in 15 years, no joke.

however Williams and Blache got these guys up they are earning their money.

this was a week that the secondary needed help up front and it got it in spades.

Brunnell Did a good job and gets some credit but the defense dominated if we had to go the length of the field we would not have scored the points we did. We had one long drive and that was helped by the long pass to Moss that he made an incredible play and it was a great throw by Brunnell. I just wish instead of putting a defensive player as a choice as dominate as the defense was they should have made the entire defense a choice

Brunell, Portis, the o line, cooley...everyone was on point. Santana with that CLUTCH catch...

But definitely, the D was the reason everyone else could do what they did. They were outright DOMINATING. Dont think for a second no one appreciates what they did, we all know they are the foundation of the team, just because the "game ball" suggestions go to Cooley or Brunell doesnt mean everyone forgets the defense is where it starts.

The D was absolutely unreal, things really look like they are coming together, lets keep this momentum and bring it HARD to the Giants!

Was this the First time since the beginning of the season that we had the 4 starters on the Dline on the field at the same time, had a lot to do with it I believe, I think the pressure on Manning will have to be the same!!

Cornelius Griffin is the most important player on this defense and the healthier he has gotten the better this front has played. it is not a coincidence that Daniels and Wynn got more chances today as Griffin was commanding the double team inside and that left one-on-ones for the DEs to bust.

I think we have a very solid DT rotation with Griffin, Salave'a, and Killings. Its official: Griffin is a top 5 DT in this league.

Its nice to see some good depth too in our front seven, because I didn't know we had any depth. Guys like Killings, Chris and Nic Clemons, Demetric Evans all deserve a lot more credit than they get.

Had we stalled out on those turnovers, what would have been the theme of this board tonight?

Brunell passed for four TDs against a team that has dominated us for over a decade.

Sorry, he gets my hat tip.

Thats true.. the defense looks like last years D more impressive for this game. Last week was the same they got turnovers but the offense stalled resulting in a sloppy game..

Todays score was a product of the offense finally helping the defense

Everyone played great, just the defense was dominate, the offense was good not great. The players made plays and great setup by gibbs.

Defense line with the straters healthy and now the backups with valuable experience fromt he injuries now it will pay off. Look out Manning!!!

Offense keep up the mistake free football just find another receiver, we did not even attempt a pass to another wide receiver and Moss only caught 2?

Gibbs will find a way, that is why he won 3 superbowls with 3 different quarterbacks and 3 different running backs

Archived