Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

roy williams= dirty player

Eagle091

The rule is loopholed so that players can still drag other guys down by the back of their jerseys as long as they don't get the pads. The rule is absolutely pointless until they include jerseys.

The worst part about it is, everytime I see the Cowboys on TV, I ALWAYS see at least one tackle from behind by Roy Williams. He'd think he'd be called for it at least once since the rule is named after him and he still continues to do it. More guys are going to get injured until they fix the stupid rule.

Never seen anything like him. Even on that run up the middle from Portis, while CP was falling forward, first thing Roy grabs for is his neck. Unbelievable. Whether he grabs shoulder pads or not, taking someone down from the back of their jersey is cheap and dangerous. They need to revise that rule, shoulder pads dont mean a thing.

Geez...You guys act like he is the only one in the league doing this.

Every game, every game I see this.

The one on portis was perfectly legal, BTW.

Please... every time I see a dallas game he does it. He nearly did it FOUR times today, and it should have been called at least once. I've only seen other players do it in all the football I've watched this year like 3 or 4 times. And I haven't seen anyone on the Skins do it - I don't think Sean has ever done it.

This is the only way Williams tackles it seems. He is dirty.

Well, the shoulder pads DO mean something, as there's less "give". But I agree entirely, the rule needs to be changed to include the jersey. And a 15 yard penalty isn't enough -- it needs to be accompanied by an ejection and a fine.

Warning! Your' a fraud...your profile says you've been a Skins fan since Riggo, but under the "Not a Skins Fan? Whose Your Team?" column your' a Seahawks fan? :doh: Get outta here!!!!

Warning! Your' a fraud...your profile says you've been a Skins fan since Riggo, but under the "Not a Skins Fan? Whose Your Team?" column your' a Seahawks fan? :doh: Get outta here!!!!

Dude, Blue Talon. The guys name is Blue Talon.

He never hid the fact that he's a Seahawks fan.

Geez...You guys act like he is the only one in the league doing this.

Every game, every game I see this.

The one on portis was perfectly legal, BTW.

Youre completely missing the point.

While its legal because he didnt grab the pads, as I said, in terms of the pads defining what is dangerous and what isnt, the pads mean nothing. Its still dangerous to grab someones jersey from the collar and bring him down. Hence the term horseCOLLAR not horseSHOULDERPADS.

Sure, its legal as long as he doesnt grab the pads. That doesnt make him any LESS of a dirty player, because it still causes injuries FREQUENTLY.

Well, the shoulder pads DO mean something, as there's less "give". But I agree entirely, the rule needs to be changed to include the jersey. And a 15 yard penalty isn't enough -- it needs to be accompanied by an ejection and a fine.

Agreed....what made me really mad in this game was.

1) There were 3 seperate plays where Cowboys (Williams 1 was on the CP play) where it was done.......no calls

2) Yet, Taylor gets a PF early in the game when a Dallas player not giving any indication he's going out of bounds gets tackled as his body starts to go out (ticky-tack call in my op.)

3) Roy 'Toasty McCheap shot' Williams horse-collared CP and he did it RIGHT IN FRONT OF A REF!!!!!!! But no call despite Portis being knocked out of the game briefly.

In truth, I don't care if the rule is on the books or not-- but the NFL comittee put it in the books to prevent injuries like what happened to TO by Williams.

The rule is rather stupid if it's not being enforced. So, either start to enforce the penalty or take it of the books.

Lord knows, I've got NO use for Williams. He's well down the road of the Cliff Harris / Andre Waters career path.....

BUT, I've never agreed with the new rule. I'd call it the TO rule, instead. If Williams had made that tackle on anybody else last season, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Apparently, the refs don't think too much of the new rule, either. I can't recall seeing it called on anyone yet.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

I don't see how its a dirty play if its not illegal.

He has to grab the shoulder pads and then pull the player towards himself. If the rule were changed I would think that he would stop doing it.

You cant blame a player for making a legal tackle considering it is the best way to get a player down without him getting extra yards falling foward.

Also to the poster that said it was done multiple times, keep in mind that if the tackle is commited within a couple yards of the LOS(in the tackle box) then it doesn't count as a horse collar.

Archived