Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Teens Arrested in Alleged Massacre Plot

prophet

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051218/ap_on_re_us/school_plot

Teens Arrested in Alleged Massacre Plot 35 minutes ago

Two teenagers were in custody for allegedly plotting to carry out a Columbine-like massacre at their former high school next Valentine's Day, authorities said.

The former Quartz Hill High students, whose names were not released, were arrested Thursday after searches of their homes turned up knives, ammunition, a gas mask and bomb-making instructions downloaded from the Internet, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

They were being held at the Sylmar Juvenile Detention Center for investigation of making terrorist threats, Brown said.

"I've been working with schools for eight years, and we have hoaxes all the time, but this is the first time that I thought, 'Oops, this one could really happen,'" sheriff's Sgt. Darrel Brown said Friday. "You could see they were preparing meticulously, taking things step by step."

The boys, ages 17 and 15, had been transferred from Quartz Hill to other schools for disciplinary reasons, authorities said.

Brown said an investigation began Wednesday when a student contacted the school's vice principal and said the former classmates were planning a "Columbine-style assault" on the campus. The student said she had learned about it second-hand.

The boys told investigators that they planned to kill Quartz Hill students who had made fun of them, using guns and homemade explosives, then commit suicide, Brown said.

On Friday, deputies at the sheriff's station in Lancaster displayed a page from the 15-year-old's notebook with the scrawled message: "When I'm God, everyone dies."

The notebook was accompanied by a three-ring binder with pictures of Columbine High School killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh and murderer Charles Manson.

Deputies said they found a black trench coat at one boy's home, possibly to be used in imitation of the similarly-dressed Columbine killers, and the 15-year-old boy had carved the word "hate" into his forearm, authorities alleged.

The whole knowledge of a crime (and it's "celebrity) and the urge to copy cat is a very intriguing mystery to me.

Why do we humans gravitate towards our own kind's most despicable acts?

It's really puzzling ... I don't get what's going on with these kids. :doh:

The whole knowledge of a crime (and it's "celebrity) and the urge to copy cat is a very intriguing mystery to me.

Why do we humans gravitate towards our own kind's most despicable acts?

It's really puzzling ... I don't get what's going on with these kids. :doh:

Sounds to me like these are two weak kids that couldn't handle being the ridicule of jokes. They are so weak that they could no longer live with knowing that others looked down upon them. In order to find strength, they turned to weapons and death since they couldn't compete with the other kids mentally or emotionally. In a way I feel bad for these kids. They're still young, so hopefully they can still go through intense therapy and one day live a normal life.

Rather than make judgement on the kids, I think the bullying is the problem. I am so happy that they were caught before they could do something, but bullying can be relentless. I got in many altercations when my friends would act like jackasses and treat another kid like crap. People don't ask to be the butt of jokes or to be physically assaulted. They don't choose to be the recipient of this activity, yet the bullies do make a choice. They choose to make fun of others or beat on them. Tolerance of one another needs to be taught for everybody's sake, or these incidents will continue. It is so sad that people can treat one another so harshly. Hopefully these teens can be rehabilitated and one day reintroduced to society. Thank god they were foiled. "Peace and love, remember the peace and love."- Half Pint (reggae star)

Archived