Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington/NYG tiebreakers...where do we stand??

scottlo34

:logo: This is what I want to know. The wild card scenarios drive me nuts. Nobody knows what is going to happen with the wild cards. I won't even attempt to figure them out. If the Redskins and Giants finish at 10-6, which means we win out, and the NYG lose to us and to Oakland, do we own the tiebreakers over the NYG and what are the tiebreakers outside of head to head, division record and conference record? Would we get the division or not??? Somebody please do the homework!!!!

Yes but NY is at 10-4 right now. They have us next week and the Raiders the following. All they need do is beat Oakland to win the division (provided we beat them, which is no small order).

Hate to say it,but NY and their running game is going to be hard to beat.

If we beat them, finish 10-6 and they finish 10-6 then we would have the tiebreaker with our 5-1 NFCE record vs their 4-2. I don't see them going 10-6. I said it 3 days ago and I'm probably going to be right. They'll finish 11-5 at the worst.

You see that team was already in place for Coughlin. Alot of guys still left from a former contender. They just quit on their former coach. No suprise that they turned it around so fast. Gibbs has had to build from the ground up and he's progressing nicely.

You see that team was already in place for Coughlin. Alot of guys still left from a former contender. They just quit on their former coach. No suprise that they turned it around so fast. Gibbs has had to build from the ground up and he's progressing nicely.[/Quote]

McKenzie, Pierce, Burress, Manning, Clancy, Webster, Snee, not to mention a number of draft picks who are contributing since Coughlin got here. This team was not in place the way it is now when Fassel was here. Plus, Coughlin gave something to the guys that were here, discipline which Fassel lacked. Coughlin and Tim Lewis are the reason this team is winning.

I'm not even going to mention our game next week until after yours today. Good luck!

I dont know how the whole 2- or more teams head to head gos but heres the confernce part after this ill send the whole article

We win out...

Skins we will b 10-6 with the tiebreaker over ny if they lose. Now in the wild card rase we would have a 10-2 conference record which is the 1st tiebreaker 4 the wild card

Giants have 2 lose to oakland for us to win the division (unlikely) and for the wild card chase. if they lose 2 games (skins + oakland) they would have a conference record of 8-4 (would split us)

Falcons 8-5 must lose at least one game and would have a 7-5 conference record 2 1 lose to either chicago, bucs, or panthers (have not beat us)

Minnesota 8-5 must lose at least one game and would have

7-4 conference record (end season with chicago so thats not included) having a worse conference record then us (have not beat us)

Panthers 9-4 must lose 2 of the next 3 games

and would have a 7-6 conference record (they have not beat us)

Tampa Bay 9-5 dont be fooled they must lose 2 games or we want them to get in on top of the nfc south and we want carolina to fall. Having beat us they may have tiebreaker over us ( have beat us)

Cowgirls- 8-5 if we beat them we have the tiebreaker and they drop to 8-6 with a conference record of 6-4 (we own tiebreaker)

Seatle In

Bears 9-4 must lose 2 (we beat them) woukd have a conference record of 9-3

I definitely see Coughlin as the one who turned this around. He has had positive acquisitions, and more than that Tiki is getting the blocking he needs up front and even down the field to give them a solid run game.

I am not too impressed with Manning but when you have the tools he has around him you can be serviceable and still get the job done. The O line for New York was great yesterday for both him and Tiki. Still if the Gints come up against a stout rushing D they could be in trouble. It is going to be interesting.

']McKenzie' date=' Pierce, Burress, Manning, Clancy, Webster, Snee, not to mention a number of draft picks who are contributing since Coughlin got here. This team was not in place the way it is now when Fassel was here. Plus, Coughlin gave something to the guys that were here, discipline which Fassel lacked. Coughlin and Tim Lewis are the reason this team is winning.

I'm not even going to mention our game next week until after yours today. Good luck![/quote']

Yeah but Coughlins teams are like Marty Schottenheimer teams!!!! They always fall apart in the end!! :D:silly:

Its very simple guys, don't lose sleep with all these scenarios. If we go 10-6 the ONLY team that would beat us in a tie is the Bucs. We also have an outside chance that Oakland will beat the Giants. The G-men are great at home but had huge problems on the road, just look at what happend at the Eagles last week.

Honestly today is the game we must get because I just don't see the Giants running the ball against us with Griffin and big Sal back in there. And Eli looked bad IMO yesterday throwing the ball against a terrible KC secondary so there it is.

Archived