Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darryl Johnston's "all lunchpail group"(Mergedx3)

FightForOldDC21

No Portis? That is strange. With his superior pass protection, blocking, and blue collar play I am surprised that he did not win this distinguished honor.

Also, has anyone else had enough of the collective infatuation with Pierce? It is a little much. He is 16th in the league in tackles. Yeah, yeah I know he brings intangibles but it is still too much and a product of being a NYG linebacker more than anything in my opinion.

No Portis? That is strange. With his superior pass protection, blocking, and blue collar play I am surprised that he did not win this distinguished honor.

Also, has anyone else had enough of the collective infatuation with Pierce? It is a little much.

pierce is a solid player, super smart ;) who doesn't get a ton of accolades.

him missing the rest of the season will seriously hurt the giants.

pierce is a solid player, super smart ;) who doesn't get a ton of accolades.

him missing the rest of the season will seriously hurt the giants.

It was my perception that he gets a lot of accolades. I think Pierce is definitley a very good LB but the media and analysts seem to go overboard in terms of the amount of attention he gets.

Pierce has 99 total tackles (79 solo) and Lemar Marshall has 80 (65 solo). Clearly he is better but just to put things in perspective, this is about one more solo tackle per game thus far.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3289152

Rock Cartwright (WSH) - All-Purpose Back

Can play either position, has also returned kickoffs and played well on coverage units this season. Plus, you need a guy named "Rock" on this team.

Jon Jansen (WSH) - T

His return to the starting lineup is one of the reasons the Redskins offense is playing better this season. He played with two broken thumbs at one point this year. A second-round pick in 1999, he had started 80 consecutive games before his injury in 2004 and this season has picked up right where he left off by starting every game.

Mike Sellers (WSH) - Coverage

Mike does it all for the Redskins. Every successful team has to have a guy like this on the roster. When he is not blowing up the wedge, he is scoring touchdowns (11 touches, 6 TDs). After finishing second in special teams tackles in 2004, he is leading the team this season. Former Canadian Football player who originally signed to play in the CFL at the age of 19, the league's youngest player ever.

I am proud for him. I hope he continues to do well......hopefully for the Skins.

Blondie

Archived