Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks Dan!!!

bono44

Credit where credit is due. This week has been, and this game will be. great because Dan Snyder brought back Joe Gibbs. So, for now, I can forget Jeff George, Bruce Smith, the "B-Mich" exile, etc. It's fun being on the ride again . . . Thanks Dan (a.k.a. Mr. Snyder).

The truth is, it was a minority owner of the Redskins, Dwight Schar, that initiated the phone call to Joe Gibbs toward the end of the '03 season, when it was apparent that Spurrier was leaving.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.wash-redskins/browse_thread/thread/2b93f15fcae8ed55/9cb10b2616028333?lnk=st&q=minority+owner+redskins+gibbs+mark+schar&rnum=1&hl=en#9cb10b2616028333

thank snyder for what? he has made it impossible for many people to go to games because his parking prices

when he came the team was 10-6 and had three first round picks, 2 second rounders and 2 third rounders all in one draft, the yr before they drafted Champ Bailey

he tore it down by firing coaches who have completly different styles from one another.

he made the team so bad that we are now just getting back to the level from when he bought the team

a team that is 10-6 with so many first rounds picks and second rounders with millions of dollars under the cap should have been to a couple bowls by now

people ask why the redskins have been bad for so long? we missed our turn when Snyder bought the team

Joe Gibbs is a great coach but he is bringing in new peices because of the crap the old coaches brought , and we are behind because of Snyder and only Snyder

do not say Snyder wants to win again. Who cares if you want and you do what it takes to win

The QBs Snyder has brought into start, Jeff George and Rob Johnson

running backs Trung Canidate

Receievers Taylor Jacobs and Coles

there are only two guys Snyder signed when he was GM and are still here. Samuels and Arrington. And Arrington is doing nothing

you win with ownership

just two names, Brunell, Arrington

68 mill, 43 mill

and then ask why we always have holes on the team. two guys who started the yr on the bench , and have been average at best when played make this much

stop the thanks Dan. I would rather have a owner who is cheap , but smart when a good free agent like a Freeney comes out and then signs him

thank snyder for what? he has made it impossible for many people to go to games because his parking prices

when he came the team was 10-6 and had three first round picks, 2 second rounders and 2 third rounders all in one draft, the yr before they drafted Champ Bailey

he tore it down by firing coaches who have completly different styles from one another.

he made the team so bad that we are now just getting back to the level from when he bought the team

a team that is 10-6 with so many first rounds picks and second rounders with millions of dollars under the cap should have been to a couple bowls by now

people ask why the redskins have been bad for so long? we missed our turn when Snyder bought the team

Joe Gibbs is a great coach but he is bringing in new peices because of the crap the old coaches brought , and we are behind because of Snyder and only Snyder

do not say Snyder wants to win again. Who cares if you want and you do what it takes to win

there are only two guys Snyder signed when he was GM and are still here. Samuels and Arrington. And Arrington is doing nothing

Too be fair, I don't think we can bash Snyder too much for parking. He did raise the green parking by $5, but he has also added a lot of parking. Of course, he added 12,000 seats too (which I won't touch on here), but still, the Ravens also charge $25 to park. Also, the freedom to tailgate is pretty good. He hasn't messed with that. We can publicly drink alcohol in open containers and nobody cares. We can start our charcoal grills with lighter fluid and they can't do that in Baltimore. And did you know the KC Chiefs don't open their lots until only 3 hours before kickoff? That would suck.

I don't find $25 to be too outrageous.

Geez, a shot at being better than .500 and you're "thanking" an owner who fires his employees for not clearing the elevator for him. "Mr. Snyder" is a class-less guy and a terrible owner. Any success this team will have is in spite of him, not because of him.

Want evidence? Read John Feinstein's new book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316009644/qid=1134834615/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-2547764-5531811?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

Geez, a shot at being better than .500 and you're "thanking" an owner who fires his employees for not clearing the elevator for him. "Mr. Snyder" is a class-less guy and a terrible owner. Any success this team will have is in spite of him, not because of him.

Want evidence? Read John Feinstein's new book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316009644/qid=1134834615/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-2547764-5531811?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

Feinstein is a HATER I heard that chump on the Tony Bruno show and he said "Go Dallas just so all of these idiot Redskin fans can shut up" that man can go to hell for all I care :dallasuck

It's funny that people forget, that the players in 2000 he admitted was his fault. - How can you fault someone who admits their mistakes? Not to mention, he was encouraged by many to sign a veteran back-up QB, so he went out and signed what he thought was the best available back-up, Jeff George, who Sonny Jurgenson advised him was a good choice. (I remember Sonny discussing that with George Micheal)

Trung Canidate, Rob Johnson, Coles, Jacobs - all Spurrier.

And Rob Johnson was not brought in to be a starter, so you're wrong about that as well.

You see, Snyder gives the coach the freedom to get the kind of players they want that they think best fit their system. There are a lot of coaches that would love to have that ability, and feel that they don't succeed because of it. Unfortunately we've had a bad run of coaches.

Snyder is not, nor has ever been the GM.

It's ok if you don't want to like the guy, but let's get the facts straight.

Who cares if you want and you do what it takes to win

:laugh: I think there are a lot of other teams who'd like to have an owner with that attitude.

Here's some quotes from readers reviews from this book

On the whole, I'd look elsewhere if you really want to know what goes on behind the scenes in the NFL
Again, this may seem like picking nits, but the point is, the accusations he levels on Michaels are petty (especially since Michaels doesn't get a chance to defend himself), and Feinstein himself admits his statements about Michaels aren't true.
Feinstein takes some cracks at then-FCC Chairman Michael Powell, "a job he clearly had been given on pure merit, having nothing to do with the fact that his father was secretary of state." Later in the book, Feistein has no problem with nepotism when new offensive coordinator Jim Fassel's son is hired as a defensive coaching assistant by the Ravens.
Why doesn't Feinstein question how the Ravens could be so disorganized as to have no leeway to entertain dignitaries, especially when they are hosting Monday Night Football?
There are other examples I could point to -- elsewhere, Feinstein says Ravens quarterback Kyle Boller was named NFC player of the week, but the Ravens are in the AFC; he repeats often the fantasy that Ray Lewis did not plea bargain his obstruction of justice charge (Lewis just suddenly decided to cooperate fully with police, after initially lying to them, Feinstein would have us believe), and so forth.

Which is symptomatic of the entire book: It takes a decidedly pro-Ravens stand. No one -- coaches, players, office or support people -- is criticized in any manner. Any statement or action that might be considered in any negative light is immediately conditioned or explained.

Considering the venom Feistein has for everyone else, it's surprising (or is it?) that he does not make judgments of any sort about the Ravens' personnel or actions.
I really enjoyed this book as a Raven fan. I don't know if I would have enjoyed it as much if it was the same type of book on the Carolina Panthers for example
His failure to research the players and the team owners deeply results in simplistic, misleading and often false explanations of the very events that people read an insider book to get.
I found this book to be shallow, superficial and trivial

By the sounds of it, The guy is obviously a tad biased and it sounds as if most of the people that read it agree.

It's funny that people forget, that the players in 2000 he admitted was his fault. - How can you fault someone who admits their mistakes? Not to mention, he was encouraged by many to sign a veteran back-up QB, so he went out and signed what he thought was the best available back-up, Jeff George, who Sonny Jurgenson advised him was a good choice. (I remember Sonny discussing that with George Micheal)

Trung Canidate, Rob Johnson, Coles, Jacobs - all Spurrier.

And Rob Johnson was not brought in to be a starter, so you're wrong about that as well.

You see, Snyder gives the coach the freedom to get the kind of players they want that they think best fit their system. There are a lot of coaches that would love to have that ability, and feel that they don't succeed because of it. Unfortunately we've had a bad run of coaches.

Snyder is not, nor has ever been the GM.

It's ok if you don't want to like the guy, but let's get the facts straight.

:laugh: I think there are a lot of other teams who'd like to have an owner with that attitude.

wrong rob johnson was brought in by snyder. spurrier hated him. He hated him so much he cut him after his first game

AND DO U REALLY THINK WITH ALL THE TIME SPURRIER WAS GOLFING THAT HE SIGNED TRUNG CANIDATE.I Gurantee you he did not know who he was.

he only signed gators

i wouldnt want another owner. i dont blame him for bruce smith, and all the big names he brought in, cause i know he wants to win. if fans here have a problem with that, they are wrong. the worst owner you could have is a cheap one. he makes us have hope every year. world championships are not easy to come by. we here at extremeskins have been very spoiled with 3 world championships. snyder will be here for a long time and will add to our trophy case.

wrong rob johnson was brought in by snyder. spurrier hated him. He hated him so much he cut him after his first game

AND DO U REALLY THINK WITH ALL THE TIME SPURRIER WAS GOLFING THAT HE SIGNED TRUNG CANIDATE.I Gurantee you he did not know who he was.

he only signed gators

Wrong again.

Rob Johnson was cut mid-season, not after the first game, though I admit that could have been a Vinny signing.

- Spurrier specifically wanted Canidate and even commented after the trade they they tried to trade for him the previous year (Spurrier's first year)

You said Snyder signs all the players, yet you say Spurrier only signs Gators, so I guess you accept that the coaches pick the players?

Plus you realize that Spurrier elected to keep Sultan McCullogh of USC over Robert Gillispie of Florida at RB.

...not picking on you bro, just trying to get the facts straight. :)

Negative, negative, negative...

You know it's a pitty that even a 'Thanks Dan' thread gets highjacked by the perenially negative. Just like any player thread turns into a hit against the team and/or front office, or an argument about Brunell/Ramsey.

I think we have about a 1% group of posters who are consitently negative and who take over 90% of threads with their BS.

Thanks for letting me share.

Is it being "negative" to point out the obvious? Danny Snyder has been an unmitigated disaster as an owner. Yes, he has turned the team into his own personal ATM machine, but the results on the field have been pathetic.

Here's hoping that all changes now that Joe Gibbs is calling the shots. Do any of you Snyder-lovers see the irony here? Snyder stops meddling = Gibbs makes the Skins competitive?

Archived