Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think Gibbs is luring Parcells into a trap?

RYANJOHNXI

...With all the annocments and public notification of all the Defensive players and as well as the DBs injured, yet capable of playing...do you think Gibbs is using this a trap to dare Parcells to throw into good coverage and to a unit that is ready and waiting for him?

No. I just think he's telling the truth. We've got a lot of guys banged up on defense.

...With all the annocments and public notification of all the Defensive players and as well as the DBs injured, yet capable of playing...do you think Gibbs is using this a trap to dare Parcells to throw into good coverage and to a unit that is ready and waiting for him?

Every coach lists ever injury since Belichik and Cowher got in trouble a few years ago.

I think Tom Brady has been "probable" since 2002.

Could be a little gamesmanship on his part with the injury listings, but what I thought this thread would be about, and what I pray is the case, is that Gibbs has purposefully been running plain schemes for the last few weeks. I know that 'every game is a must-win at this level,' but I'd hope that the predictability we've all noticed in the last few weeks has been a set-up for a few plays that will break this game open.

They haven't even attempted to go downfield to Moss, except in the Rams game when Brunell zipped it between the two defenders for a first down. Portis has been jamming it up the middle, or, they've telegraphed sweeps with what might as well be blaring sirens (Koslowski at split end? come on).

It's probably wishful thinking, but I'd like to believe that JG has been saving a few plays for a huge, playoff-importance, rivalry game like this one. I think if the Redskins can hang more than 17 points on the Cowboys, they'll win this game. The way the offense has looked recently, that's not going to happen without a few big plays.

i had the same thought driving down 66 in the pimp mobile. gibbs might pull a rope-a-dope. on the other hand guys have been banged up and missed time. i am ready to play if gibbs needs me at cb. i am fat, white, slow...but i am still better than walt "big cushion" harris.

beat them cowboys for x-mas.:rolleyes:

I think your defensive problems are true.The team is going to have to over come this!!!On the other hand, I think and I'm hoping that gibbs has been sand bagging in the past weeks.I think he does not want to show everything until, these last three games!!!The one good thing that has come out of this conserv-o play, is that it has built up our running game!!!True that dallas has speed and size,so it will be a test to run on them.I think that Sellers and Jansen will suprise parcells(with superb blocking) and beat his defense!!!I hope this will open cooley,jacobs,thrash up in the first half and then set moss up for the kill!!!Greg willams needs to get bledsoe on his back,so I'M hoping that Griffin will have a killer game!!!

Gibbs is not trapping anyone with the conservative play calling. He is wanting to run the ball and doesnt care if we throw homerun ball. He wants to try and eat clock and keep the D off of field.

Brunell has thrown some int's and personally I think he is scared to throw the ball down the field. He is going to his check down way too quick. If you notice the games he had the most passing yards he was getting out of the pocket and throwing on the run.

I feel like the Rogers will play and I don't know about Springs.

Archived